K415

Annual Household income in I-864, Please Help!!

17 posts in this topic

My wife is my sponsor and my in-laws are my co-sponsors. Wife lives in different state than my in-laws. Our Attorney have put same figure IN ANNUAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME IN I-864 (for example 90,000) in my wife's and in-laws I-864 form ( PART 6 - ITEM 10 IN FORM I-864).

Is this correct?

Someone who filled this form by himself/herself, please guide me??

I hope I'm understanding this correctly - you're saying your attorney put your in-laws' income into their I-864 and also in your wife's I-864?

Unless your wife makes the same income as her parents then what your attorney did is incorrect and a little bizarre. I'm guessing your wife doesn't make enough to sponsor you or is unemployed at the moment? Her I-864 should reflect her personal income only, not anyone else's.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

ditto

your wife doesn't have anything to do with it. she flies the i864 as sponsor

the adding up goes in one of your in laws

because one of them files the i864 as joint sponsor and the other one files the i864A as household member to combine their incomes

if your father in law filed the i864 and the mother in law flied the i864A, the mother in laws' income would reflect on her husband's i864

you wife has nothing to do with combining income, it is based on her sole income as stated

I hope I'm understanding this correctly - you're saying your attorney put your in-laws' income into their I-864 and also in your wife's I-864?

Unless your wife makes the same income as her parents then what your attorney did is incorrect and a little bizarre. I'm guessing your wife doesn't make enough to sponsor you or is unemployed at the moment? Her I-864 should reflect her personal income only, not anyone else's.

First of all thanks for replying.

Yes you are correct my wife doesn't make enough to sponsor me. So my in-laws are helping us.

1. I have uploaded the same page of the form of my wife and my in-law for your understanding. Also I have encircled one with red ( annual household income in I-864. please clear this doubt.

2. I have encircled one column 9.c with green, I think it should be left blank, but my attorney had filled up by mistake please confirm it too.

Thanks a lot. My attorney is making lot of mistake so I don't want to trust him. I have paid 2000 dollars to get this service but he is providing me preposterous service.

post-192904-0-62722000-1413070287_thumb.jpg

post-192904-0-01452300-1413070290_thumb.jpg

hi

ditto

your wife doesn't have anything to do with it. she flies the i864 as sponsor

the adding up goes in one of your in laws

because one of them files the i864 as joint sponsor and the other one files the i864A as household member to combine their incomes

if your father in law filed the i864 and the mother in law flied the i864A, the mother in laws' income would reflect on her husband's i864

you wife has nothing to do with combining income, it is based on her sole income as stated

I have recently got checklist with several errors in both the forms. so this time I am over caution about work done by my attorney. Also I have uploaded the pages please clarify it. I have uploaded the pages. I hope you understands better and advice me.

First of all thanks for replying.

Yes you are correct my wife doesn't make enough to sponsor me. So my in-laws are helping us.

1. I have uploaded the same page of the form of my wife and my in-law for your understanding. Also I have encircled one with red ( annual household income in I-864. please clear this doubt.

2. I have encircled one column 9.c with green, I think it should be left blank, but my attorney had filled up by mistake please confirm it too.

Thanks a lot. My attorney is making lot of mistake so I don't want to trust him. I have paid 2000 dollars to get this service but he is providing me preposterous service.

No problem, and thanks for uploading the forms.

The box you circled in green is fine if that is her current income for this year.

In the same picture where you have circled in red, that amount shouldn't be there. It's not her income, it's her parents' income which is totally separate. The lawyer has basically said your wife earns the same income as your parents do, which isn't true, and if it were, she wouldn't need them to be joint sponsors in the first place.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

your wife's as said, should only have her current income, the other should be blank, there is no adding anyone else's income, green correct, red leave blank

No problem, and thanks for uploading the forms.

The box you circled in green is fine if that is her current income for this year.

In the same picture where you have circled in red, that amount shouldn't be there. It's not her income, it's her parents' income which is totally separate. The lawyer has basically said your wife earns the same income as your parents do, which isn't true, and if it were, she wouldn't need them to be joint sponsors in the first place.

Thanks a lot

As you say green is correct, how it could be, if you have notice it says

if you see Current income is already mentioned in Part 6, item 5 ( so her current income is already been mentioned there)

and what you say is correct is

Person 4

current income:

so this current income is not belongs to her current income.

Can you please clarify this too.

hi

your wife's as said, should only have her current income, the other should be blank, there is no adding anyone else's income, green correct, red leave blank

Thanks a lot

As you say green is correct, how it could be, if you have notice it says

if you see Current income is already mentioned in Part 6, item 5 ( so her current income is already been mentioned there)

and what you say is correct is

Person 4

current income:

so this current income is not belongs to her current income.

Can you please clarify this too.

hi

you're correct, since the copy is sideways it's hard to read, all that should be blank, there is no other person than herself

you and ketsuban have helped me a lot. I am really greatful to you both. Many many thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you and ketsuban have helped me a lot. I am really greatful to you both. Many many thanks.

You should drop your attorney. If he makes a mistake now, he definitely will make more mistakes later.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

You should drop your attorney. If he makes a mistake now, he definitely will make more mistakes later.

I could have done that, but NVC is telling me that I need to send a letter. If I or my wife sends a letter at this point, then NVC will take another 15 days to remove him. So there could be the waste of another 15 days. Better I take help on Vj's and correct it and send to attorney. Otherwise this will be horrible delay, Before sending this we will make sure everything is correct.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have a competent attorney, this form will be filled out correctly, no problem, people here will help you,.,.,.BUT.,.,. you have an attorney and getting paid, I would be asking him or her this question!

If you have a competent attorney, this form will be filled out correctly, no problem, people here will help you,.,.,.BUT.,.,. you have an attorney and getting paid, I would be asking him or her this question!

I completely agree with you, my in-laws are older and my wife currently not living in same city as attorney lives ( she moved). I am calling many times to attorney ( international calls). If I remove him now then for sure it will take longer than this. I am very thankful to VJ's that most of the people are helping me. My attorney is awful he is experimenting with our lives. Right now we are in great stress. I have called other attorneys too (honestly 2 to 3). I have asked them if they can review paper work, they said they don't want to be involved in other people work. If you have any contact of attorney sure I will call and ready to pay part of fees if he agrees to review my paper work.

Thanks for your kind words.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I completely agree with you, my in-laws are older and my wife currently not living in same city as attorney lives ( she moved). I am calling many times to attorney ( international calls). If I remove him now then for sure it will take longer than this. I am very thankful to VJ's that most of the people are helping me. My attorney is awful he is experimenting with our lives. Right now we are in great stress. I have called other attorneys too (honestly 2 to 3). I have asked them if they can review paper work, they said they don't want to be involved in other people work. If you have any contact of attorney sure I will call and ready to pay part of fees if he agrees to review my paper work.

Thanks for your kind words.

Your attorney does not care about your case. He has other things going on that bring in more money. At the end of the day your file is probably the last thing he is looking at, and even then his secretary is probably doing all the work. You care about you more than anything. It is/was completely unacceptable for your attorney to make even one mistake considering how much you are paying him. I would suggest having a talk with him to either lower his fees are make this one last correction before letting him go.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.