Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Passport Name change after AOS from K-1

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

So, My wife now has a Green Card after the AOS from K-1. Now do we have to change name on the passport? Passport currently is in the Maiden name. If I travel to India would they let me back in if the Passport has different last-name and Ticket has different last-name?

* Can I get name changed on passport in India? (As my wife is Indian citizen.)

I am little confused on how to proceed. Can someone help?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahrain

Call your local embassy / consulate for India. Most likely they need a simple notarized letter that states what her new name is, what her old name is, and that they are the same person. Take a certified copy and have them use it all to apply for the new passport. Times would vary country to country. For my wife it took 8 weeks (Philippines).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...