ogriffin

I-134 and Past Tax Returns

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

My last questions was so thoroughly answered, I figured I'd come back for one more!

So, for I-134, as far as I was made aware, I need to provide the actual form along with a letter on letterhead from my employer proving employment, statements from the bank and account information, as well as my tax returns. Also, I need to prove that I make a certain amount of money over the poverty line here in the Staes.

However, my fiancé told me today that the tax returns have to show that I have been earning this amount of money for at least THREE years. This is something I cannot provide, and would mean that we need a sponsor for the I-134. Can anyone help us out with this?

Thanks so much!

P.S., I know my timeline is in terrible shape, I'm in the process of fixing it!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all,

My last questions was so thoroughly answered, I figured I'd come back for one more!

So, for I-134, as far as I was made aware, I need to provide the actual form along with a letter on letterhead from my employer proving employment, statements from the bank and account information, as well as my tax returns. Also, I need to prove that I make a certain amount of money over the poverty line here in the Staes.

However, my fiancé told me today that the tax returns have to show that I have been earning this amount of money for at least THREE years. This is something I cannot provide, and would mean that we need a sponsor for the I-134. Can anyone help us out with this?

Thanks so much!

P.S., I know my timeline is in terrible shape, I'm in the process of fixing it!

Hello!

You need to provide the form, a letter from your employer, tax returns form previous years and pay stubs. You DO NOT need to provide information about how much $$$ you have in the bank, or evidence of owning property if you qualify with income. I have read people suggest to provide bank statements, letter from the bank, etc when you feel you are very close to the line. Also the 125% applies to current income, not previous.

Edited by SweetOpossum

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Also, where can I double check to see how my income stacks up against that minimum wage again? I remember seeing a form several months ago, but I've long since lost it...

This one? http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks! So, under no circumstances should I have to prove that I've been earning 125% of the poverty line for the past three years? Only asking to make absolutely sure...

Your question may be consulate specific. Is your consulate really Armenia? Because that is the default consulate so if not, you may want to correct that on your timeline. Then maybe someone can share that consulate information.

As for me, I am providing my fiance with 3 years of tax transcripts and W2s just to be safe and minimize any possible need for prolonged AP.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.