Kai2013

B2 visa denial 214b

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Aloha all,

My German girlfriend applied for a 8 month b2 tourist visa and was denied under 214b.

Our plan was to visit my parents in Arizona and then spend the majority of her intended stay with me in Hawaii.

We have a son together and she brought him to the interview, he was 8 month old at the time. We had no intentions to get married in the U.S. and no desire for immigration to US at that time.

Both my son and girlfriend were in Hawaii on ESTA for 89 days only 1 month earlier. We could have easily gone the marriage and aos route if we wanted. The consular officer did not ask about letters or contract from employers or anything to establish strong ties.

Our plan was to wait until our son was a little older and completed most of his inoculations in Germany. We also were not ready financially for immigration to the US. We only wanted to spend time together until her maternity leave expired and she returned to work.

I am with them in Germany now and will marry here either in November or April. We are waiting to get approval, it's really complicated to get married in Germany...

Sorry for the long winded post...

Our question is if she applied for an ESTA for Dec to April, what are their chances? As she must return to work in April. Also how would our marital status affect this? And finally any idea why she was denied the b2 visa in the first place?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

She must update ESTA with the B denial. Has she done that? What does it say after the update?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She must update ESTA with the B denial. Has she done that? What does it say after the update?

good luck

Agree with above.

She has a US child and family no job and has just spent 89 days in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Update? Do you mean apply for another ESTA?

She does have a job, she can take up to 3yrs for maternity, they can do that in Germany. She is going back to her job in April, that's why she asked for 8 months on the b2. It is also why we are now thinking about the ESTA, dec to April.

This will be our last chance to be together in the US until she get the spousal visa...which will be over a year from Nov...or April.

Our son is a German national with a German passport, I have not petitioned for his us citizenship. We are getting married and will apply for spousal visa, so I think getting his us citizenship now would be a moot point.

The only reason she is immigrating to US is because of me. She has a good life here in Bavaria. She will not improve her standard of living by immigrating and she knows this. Even though it's very nice here in Bavaria, I cannot live here. I am a surfer and I miss the ocean. I been here for almost 3 months now and going out of my frickin mind.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Update? Do you mean apply for another ESTA?

She does have a job, she can take up to 3yrs for maternity, they can do that in Germany. She is going back to her job in April, that's why she asked for 8 months on the b2. It is also why we are now thinking about the ESTA, dec to April.

This will be our last chance to be together in the US until she get the spousal visa...which will be over a year from Nov...or April.

Our son is a German national with a German passport, I have not petitioned for his us citizenship. We are getting married and will apply for spousal visa, so I think getting his us citizenship now would be a moot point.

The only reason she is immigrating to US is because of me. She has a good life here in Bavaria. She will not improve her standard of living by immigrating and she knows this. Even though it's very nice here in Bavaria, I cannot live here. I am a surfer and I miss the ocean. I been here for almost 3 months now and going out of my frickin mind.

Update means update.

If you want her to live in the US you need to go the Immigrant route.

You can not petition for his Citizenship, is there any reason he is not a USC through you? If he wishes to enter the US then he will need his US passport or if he is not eligible then you will need to petition him and your GF.

Most unlikely she will be able to visit the US between now and April.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.