mannequin

Barred from the USA

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Oh really? The embassy official told me 'You will never be able to travel on the visa waiver program again'.

Shortly after I received an automated email saying my travel status had been changed. When I looked online at the ESTA web portal, my ESTA status said 'travel not authorized'.

That's true. You'll have to apply for a B2 in the future.

When I say you are not barred, I mean nothing you posted indicates that, and nothing that you did would warrant it. They basically are not letting you in at this time and that's all it is. You are not showing strong enough ties to home.

The issue you had here was trying to return to the US so quickly without returning to your home country. All the documentation in the world won't overcome the fact that you don't really appear to have strong physical ties to your home country, as evidenced by your ability to stay in the US for several months at a time without the need to return home.

The good thing is you didn't violate any immigration laws, you had a responsible pattern of use in the past, and I'm sure you do have strong ties to Australia. Once you return home, you will have a much easier time showing that.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

You're paying way more taxes because you invested in way more property than average Americans. I feel sorry you cannot get your belongings or see your friends, but thinking that your personal investments entitle you to more privilege than any other person wanting to travel or immigrate tot he states is just silly.

Agreed with this completely.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Being refused a B for the reasons stated does not mean that you can never use the VWP.

As has been said it seem quite common for ESTA to be declined for 6 months at least, sometime a year or so.

You do not have a ban, which does not mean you can get a visa. Many people have no bans but are not able to obtain a visa.

Presumably you are back in Australia, give it a year or 2 see if ESTA comes back approved. E2 does not seem appropriate for Property Investment/Management on a small scale, if you are looking as it seems to move to the US consult with a good lawyer concerning your options.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

spacer.gifspacer.gif

My life has literally been turned upside down and I don't think it's fair. I pay way more taxes than the average American but I can't even visit.

Yes, it was and it's nobody's fault but yours. Your plan was flawed from the beginning and you shouldn't count on being always able to enter US while you seem to have abused VWP. Feel sorry for you, but there isn't anything can do here for you and there is nothing unfair in what have happened.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

spacer.gifspacer.gif

I wanted to share my recent story about being barred from the USA. I am an Australian citizen who has been traveling to the USA for 5 years on the ESTA visa waiver program. I go between 1-2 times per year, usually for 1-2 months. Every year I visit I buy a house or two. I own about 10 houses now. You do not need a visa or have residency status to own property in the USA or pay taxes.

This year I went to the USA for the full 90 days and bought an apartment building I'm redeveloping. The project is taking considerable time so I needed to stay longer. I could have gone to South America for 2 weeks and returned on an ESTA however I decided to go to the Caribbean and apply for a B1/B2 so I could stay for longer than 3 months and also apply for an E2 (investor visa) after acquiring the B1.

I had my interview at the US consulate and was denied the visa and given a sheet of paper saying I couldn't prove significant ties to my home country. The document said I could reapply if I could bring new evidence. So I paid another $160 and upon my second interview I presented about 50 documents showing significant ties to Australia including: car registration papers, proof on family, bank statements, utilities in my name, rental lease and proof of employment. The visa was denied again on the same ground and what really hammered the knife in was when the embassy official told me I could never travel on the visa waiver program again.

I burst into tears as not only could I never see my friends or finish my building in the USA, I couldn't even return to collect my belongings. The embassy official said to me 'You're not a bad person, you haven't done anything wrong!', in response to me being upset, as if that was some consolation. It was merely ironic as yes I'm not a bad person, nor have I done anything wrong but I can never return to the USA without significant effort and expense. My life has literally been turned upside down and I don't think it's fair. I pay way more taxes than the average American but I can't even visit.

If you can afford to buy 10 homes I assume you have $500,000 dollars to spare. Start a business using $500k, employee 10 Americans, and you can get citizenship.

http://www.marketplace.org/topics/business/want-us-visa-got-spare-500000

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

EB5 gets you a GC and you have to go through a Regional Center at that level of investment.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thus far the OP hasn't stated a desire to immigrate.

OP may not know his options. Considering he is in the US for business purposes quite frequently, he may be interested in living there on a long-term basis.

EB5 gets you a GC and you have to go through a Regional Center at that level of investment.

"path to citizenship"

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Timeline

OP mentioned E2 status, so by that intends staying in the US for some significant time.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

OP may not know his options. Considering he is in the US for business purposes quite frequently, he may be interested in living there on a long-term basis.

I know. Not saying it's not an option. Just saying the OP needs to decide what it is he/she is trying to do first. The route you suggested is something to consider, but it's different than what he has been doing.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

You sound quite well off. If being in America is that big of a deal for you and your business why won't you just hire a decent lawyer to deal with the issue once and for all?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

Apply for an investor visa. Most denials are based on applying for the wrong visa class, which is what you did. Esta is for tourism. Therefore, that is the wrong class for you. It really is that simple. Don't fret!

Met - March 28, 2013

Married - May 28, 2014

NOA1 - June 16, 2014

NOA2 - November, 26, 2014

Sent to NVC - December 3, 2014

NVC Received - December 15, 2014

Case # Issued - January 20, 2015

AOS and IV Invoiced - January 21, 2015

AOS and IV Paid - January 22, 2015

AOS Shows as Paid - January 23, 2015

Submitted DS-260 - January 28, 2015

Receive Barcoded Document Cover Sheet and sent docs to lawyer - January 29, 2015

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you can afford to invest so much in the US and have a significant property portfolio here and developing properties, why not go EB5 and get investor's GC? As you claim, you are already paying a bunch of tax here anyway.

Filed: Country: Niue
Timeline

spacer.gifspacer.gif

I burst into tears as not only could I never see my friends or finish my building in the USA, I couldn't even return to collect my belongings. The embassy official said to me 'You're not a bad person, you haven't done anything wrong!', in response to me being upset, as if that was some consolation. It was merely ironic as yes I'm not a bad person, nor have I done anything wrong but I can never return to the USA without significant effort and expense. My life has literally been turned upside down and I don't think it's fair. I pay way more taxes than the average American but I can't even visit.

Attorney?

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-02-28

NVC Left : 2009-03-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-23

Packet 4 Received : 2009-07-24

Interview Date : 2009-08-06

Visa Received : 2009-08-11

US Entry : 2009-10-06 San Francisco

Marriage : 2009-10-15 Sacramento

I-130 Submitted : 2009-11-03

I-485 Submitted : 2009-11-03

I-130 NOA : 2009-11-09

I-485 NOA : 2009-11-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is my opinion, "the entire story" has not been told here.,.,.,. too much going on.,.,.,too much USA time.,.,.,too much work in USA.,.,.,and real estate holdings.,.,.,.and where does all this money come from.,.,.,and when does the OP.,.,.,,,.work to make this kind of money to do this.,.,.,.or a large inheritance .,.,.,

just too many "holes" in this story!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.