Nena12

Needs advice with petition fiancé in Dominican Republic

11 posts in this topic

Hey how are you guys I want to file the fiancé visa for my fiancé who lives in Dominican Republic we were using a lawyer but the wait is a minimum of 4 months list and I decided to do this myself I work 3 jobs and it was the best solution I want any advice anybody can give me with filling the files out anything I should include I'm following http://uscis.gov/ if any one has gone through the process I would love just a run through please ! And the wait he's from Santo Domingo i was born in the US and we been together for about 2 years we have a lot of pictures anything I went 5 x last year and even stayed for 3 months please the help from anybody would be great I do speak Spanish also !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, the VJ K1 Visa Guide.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Bienvenid@....

reune todas las evidencias que tengas desde fotos, reservaciones de hotel si han ido, ticket de avion fotos de regalos, llamadas, conversaciones, emails.

llena los formularios, cover letter, letter of intent, fotos de pass 2x2 tengo unos ejemplos de las cartas te las podria mandar por email si quieres, fueron de las cuales nosotros nos guiamos.

Welcome! You do not need a lawyer. There is so much helpful information on this site and many people here who've successfully done it themselves. The VJ guides will tell you everything you need to know and as long as you follow them step by step you should have no problem! Many of the people on here who have had lawyers have paid ridiculous amounts of money for them to do nothing. It's just paperwork, it's not that hard and it's definitely not worth spending thousands of dollars on, the process is expensive enough!

K1

3/13/13: Filed K1 Application

3/20/13: NOA1

7/12/13: RFE

8/5/13: RFE Reply

8/26/13: NVC Received

9/4/13: Packet 4 received via email

9/23/13: Fiancee received his hard Packet 4

12/5/13: Interview, Visa Aprobada!

12/12/13: Visa Received

12/13/13: Entry into US

AOS

1/15/14: Filed AOS

1/22/14: NOA

2/13/14: Biometrics Appointment

3/25/14: EAD and AP Approved

3/31/14: EAD/AP Combo Card Received

4/28/14: Received Interview Waiver Letter

10/8/14: Called USCIS and was allowed to file a Service Request since we're outside of normal processing times for our local office. Should have a response in 15-30 days.

10/29/14: Received letter (dated 10/27/14, exactly 1 day before the 6 month mark) stating that our case would be transferred to the Houston field office for processing.

11/28/14: Received letter (dated 11/20/14) stating that our case had been received at the Sacremento office and would be processed there and if we don't hear from them in 60 days to contact NVC.

12/9/14: Card is in production

12/16/14: 2 year card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Please use only English in the general forums. Communicating in Spanish can be done in the Caribbean regional forum and the Mexico/Latin & South America regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you so much ! Yes I decided hopefully it's right way I just want to make sure I'm

Doing everything right because anymore distance I put on in time it's bad but thank you I will defiantly follow the guide .

Yes people have told me I don't a lawyer hopefully everything comes out great I think it's ridiculous the amount of money their asking for

Muchas gracias las fotos y todo la inlcude en do packete y mensajes de whatsapp y Facebook y voy a ir a la compañía teléfono para mi llamadas y en señar mi cosa de banko para que miren la tarjetas y western unión y mi entradas de salida y llegada de pasaporte creo que eso está suficiente para todo?

I have recently gone thru what ur fixing to begin and did it all myself. I have even begun my now husbands AOS paperwork myself and sent it off saturday 10/12/14....so yes it can be done yourself and this site has been a God sent to me...everything I have needed any questions ANYTHING I have found thru here....and anything I can do to help you please let me know as well. Take a look at my timeline....GOOD LUCK to u

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Anyone else posting only in Spanish will have his/her post removed. It's English-only in the upper forums. At least provide an accompanying English translation.

In addition, a blanket statement of "You do not need a lawyer!" is irresponsible advice. We have no way of knowing the OP's entire situation, or willingness, or time commitments, or abilities. Yes, it's exciting to have a self-help resource like VJ; however, it's also true that some people absolutely need outside help. We don't know what we don't know. Please keep this in mind. :)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Thank you so much I'm defiantly going to go follow your timeline now ! I just want to make sure I'm doing everything perfect so know delays will occur

&&& I'm bilingual I write English better but the country where my fiancé is from speaks Spanish and I'm sorry if it that bothers you I Tryed to block you but I guess it's not allowed but if anything just unfollow this because I need both Spanish and English help and I have enough on my plate to be dealing with what language I'm suppose to be using or not I' bilingual and that what I write

Anyone else posting only in Spanish will have his/her post removed. It's English-only in the upper forums. At least provide an accompanying English translation.

In addition, a blanket statement of "You do not need a lawyer!" is irresponsible advice. We have no way of knowing the OP's entire situation, or willingness, or time commitments, or abilities. Yes, it's exciting to have a self-help resource like VJ; however, it's also true that some people absolutely need outside help. We don't know what we don't know. Please keep this in mind. :)

i think am the one who post in Spanish, well darling if i can help someone in their journey... i can write in the language he or she can understand if it is in Spanish i will do so...i think u are un the Caribbean portal so u can write any language u like and feel like u asi que no te metas en donde no se te llama... and if we say thay she can do that without a lawyer is because ourself experience so try not be an A...

kissess... Nena cualquier cosa a la orden para eso estamos para ayudar :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.