24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Generally speaking, an RFE is a good thing because it means someone is looking at your case and gets need additional info to put in the file to approve.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

"I know I made a mistake here's the problem HOW AM GONNA GET THOSE PASSPORT PICS OF HIM HES IN BOSNIA (Europe ) will he have time to mail them ? Ughhh thank youuu though for the info"

He can take photo with his phone/camera and e-mail it to you and you can print it at Walgreens wallet photos $0.99. Then cut it. I did it many times and even for my US passport photo and each time worked. Let him send you few from different distances to match it perfectly. Good Luck!

:luv:

"I know I made a mistake here's the problem HOW AM GONNA GET THOSE PASSPORT PICS OF HIM HES IN BOSNIA (Europe ) will he have time to mail them ? Ughhh thank youuu though for the info"

He can take photo with his phone/camera and e-mail it to you and you can print it at Walgreens wallet photos $0.99. Then cut it. I did it many times and even for my US passport photo and each time worked. Let him send you few from different distances to match it perfectly. Good Luck!

They need 2 pics right ???

I didn't send pictures thinking we just need it for his interview lol I hope that's all they're asking for umm it's just nerve wrecking but on the bright side they at least looked into my file it's been not even 4 months since I filed ... I live in dallas and my case is here in TSC so I should get that letter in a day day or 3 lol .. Honestly I wish I knew about vj I think I wouldn't get a RFE if I knew about this site it's wonderful so many people sharing info and advices thank you for replying and ure right every case is DIFERENT .. I'll see what they need and of course I'll send it ASAP to them so I can get that noa2 thank u again

Take a ddep breath. Yoi will find out what is missing, if anything when you get the mail. In the mean time there is nothing you can do. I'm sorry this is happening to you. It happened to me also because I entered a date incorrectly by just one day. It added a few weeks to our journey but in the end we made it. All things happen for a reason. We usually can't see that at the time but most likely you will look back on this in years to come and realize that there was a reason. Good Luck and God Bless.

P.S. Prayer helped calm me as I waited. It can't hurt.

David & Zoila

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

For our RFE, it was just a box that we forgot to check "no" on. Very stupid, but it happens. They just sent a form with that question on it, my fiancé checked no and signed it, sent it in, and 8 days later we were approved.

Long story short, don't stress to much until you get the letter from USCIS. It can be any small thing :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got an RFE as well. Will wait for the mail to arrive. No use speculating what it is to be honest because my fiance and I spent 3 days checkingl double checking and triple checking :(

Anyone know how quickly they update our case after we've provided the information they're asking for?

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

For our RFE, it was just a box that we forgot to check "no" on. Very stupid, but it happens. They just sent a form with that question on it, my fiancé checked no and signed it, sent it in, and 8 days later we were approved.

Long story short, don't stress to much until you get the letter from USCIS. It can be any small thing :)

which box was it if you don't mind me asking?

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.