Mellylamelle

Is there anything I can do?!?!

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

First post, feeling quite frustrated. I filed an I-130 for my husband last December - actually I originally had my father file it in November for me (we're in Abu Dhabi) but for some reason he put the wrong payment in so it got returned and wasn't accepted until December 19.

We heard NOTHING until the end of June, when we received a request for evidence, which, as luck would have it, was sent just days after we left Abu Dhabi for a 2-month break. Luckily I was able to get a friend to access the letter for us and it turned out we were missing passport photos. (I am CERTAIN I included them in my original packet but hey ho.)

We received a letter stating that our response had been received and we would have a reply within 60 days. Well 60 days was up last week and so far... NADA.

I called the USCIS number today and they agreed that we have waited an extraordinarily long time for our i-130 approval and an inquiry was filed... which apparently we won't hear a response to for up to 30 days!

AAAAAGGGGH!!!

I feel so powerless to do ANYTHING to speed this along. Our case should be relatively straightforward; I'm an American citizen, he's a Brit, we've been together for 12 years and married for 3. I truly don't understand why it's taking so long and I'm worried about how long it will take after this bit - we were really hoping to move to the States by next summer.

Can anyone offer any advice as to what I can do, if anything?

Thanks!

Mel

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow, December!! That must be so frustrating. As much as we'd like to hope that USCIS approves the I-130's in order, it is clear they don't. I'm not sure what else to tell you, other than to wait (as unbearable as it is). Have you chatted with others in the December filers thread? It might help to talk to others in the same boat.

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.