Totallyinnlove

fiancé in removal proceeding

51 posts in this topic

Hello guys I am new to the community and I have a very concerning issue going on I hope I can get some advise on.

My fiancé and I have been together for 2 months he is to appear in immigration court in January and he is worried that he will be deported, he has a domestic violence charge which has been reduced to obstruction of services and also a dwi charge he also has 2 us citizen children who are pretty young this he does not want immigration to know about has he already broke up with their mother all this is very concerning to us and I was wondering if me being a us citizen marries him if this will stop him from being deported .

Looking forward to your replies thanks.

He will have to declare the children. You cannot lie as part of immigration process. All decisions after a lie has occurred can later be revoked. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485.pdf this form requires that he lists all children, us citizen or not.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to Effects of Major changes, which seems the best fit *****

How did he come here?

Edited by Penguin_ie

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

He came here legally 8 yrs ago on a work visa been married once but was denied the permanent residency card so he divorced his wife

**** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to Effects of Major changes, which seems the best fit *****

How did he come here?

He came here legally 7 yrs ago on a work visa he was married once got his 2 yr residency card but was later

Denied the permanent residency his wife would not cooperate

He will have to declare the children. You cannot lie as part of immigration process. All decisions after a lie has occurred can later be revoked. http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485.pdf this form requires that he lists all children, us citizen or not.

i figured as much but got him he thinks declaring the kids will put immigration to question our marriage even more

Why doesn't he want Immigration to know about his children?

He loves his kids he is just scared that they will scrutinize our marriage since the kids are so young and he only separated from their mother recently she is not a us citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

He came here legally 8 yrs ago on a work visa been married once but was denied the permanent residency card so he divorced his wife

He divorced because he was unable to get a green card through her? And he is in deportation proceedings and you want to marry him so he can possibly get the green card this time? You will have a hard time convincing the USCIS that you have a valid relationship/marriage that is not just for the sole purpose of immigration.

http://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigration-benefits-eoir-removal-proceedings

You need to contact a good immigration attorney for help.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

He loves his kids he is just scared that they will scrutinize our marriage since the kids are so young and he only separated from their mother recently she is not a us citizen

How did he get conditional GC (2 years card) in the first place if mother of his children is not US citizen? Edited by Super King

February 28- AOS package sent. ( I-130, I-485, I-765)
March 5- Package delivered to USCIS Chicago.
March 11- Email and text notification with Receipt Numbers.
March 14- Hardcopy of NOA1 for all three applications.
March 21- Received biometrics appointment letter for 04/04/2014
April 2 - Completed Walk in Biometrics appointment successfully. (Original Appointment was for 4th April)
April 9- I-485 Case status has been updated to " Testing & Interview "
April 16- Text and email alert for case update for AOS interview on 22nd May 2014.
April 18- Hardcopy of Interview notice received in mail.
May 22- AOS interview, approved on the spot and got stamp in my passport.
May 27 - Approval notice of I-130 and I-485 in mail.
May 29- Received GC in mail.

ROC Timeline:

03/28/2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

03/29/2016: Package delivered.

03/31/2016: cheque cached.

04/02/2016: Received NOA1 in mail, dated 03/29/2016.

04/13/2016: Received Biometrics notice for the date of 04/25/2016.

04/21/2016: Early walk in Biometrics

09/28/2016: Text and email alert about approval of ROC

10/06/2016: Received 10-years green card in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

How did he get conditional GC (2 years card) in the first place if mother of his children is not US citizen?

He didn't get a green card application was denied/

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

She wasn't a citizen but she sent in a petition for him to get a green card. There was nothing for her to cooperate with she can't petition for him within the US she has to be a citizen.

To answer your question. No you marrying him doesn't stop deporartion proeeedings. You two need a lawyer badly. You marrying him now as you say he just separated with the mother and the kids are young. It will look like he is marrying you just for green card.

Don't you think during his deportation proceedings it would maybe benefit him to disclose he has children here. Right now he looks like a single guy with no ties to US. But yet he does. Matters not about the mom he has children here.

He needs a lawyer fast.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

To answer the question he was never married to the mother of his kids, he was married to a us citizen he got his conditional. Residency and when it was time to remove conditions the wife bailed on him so his petition was denied

Now he needs to start over with me so yes I guess a good lawyer is top of the list now but does anyone think there is a chance??

She wasn't a citizen but she sent in a petition for him to get a green card. There was nothing for her to cooperate with she can't petition for him within the US she has to be a citizen.

To answer your question. No you marrying him doesn't stop deporartion proeeedings. You two need a lawyer badly. You marrying him now as you say he just separated with the mother and the kids are young. It will look like he is marrying you just for green card.

Don't you think during his deportation proceedings it would maybe benefit him to disclose he has children here. Right now he looks like a single guy with no ties to US. But yet he does. Matters not about the mom he has children here.

He needs a lawyer fast.

He was never married to the mother of his kids he was married to a us citizen, got his conditional then when it was time to remove conditions the us citizen wife bailed on him hence the denial

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

They're going to scrutinize it anyway and lying this case is absolutely dumbest thing he can do - it can earn him permanent ban.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

To answer the question he was never married to the mother of his kids, he was married to a us citizen he got his conditional. Residency and when it was time to remove conditions the wife bailed on him so his petition was denied

Now he needs to start over with me so yes I guess a good lawyer is top of the list now but does anyone think there is a chance??

He was never married to the mother of his kids he was married to a us citizen, got his conditional then when it was time to remove conditions the us citizen wife bailed on him hence the denial

This is how it sounds:

He got married to a US citizen right after (read: while actually) being in a relationship with another woman he had kids with. Dumped the US citizen wife after he could not remove conditions based on bonafide marriage to her (read: because that wasn't a bonafide marriage in the first place). No wonder he does not want to declare he has young kids from the non-citizen woman (which is out of question, anyway, as explained in the comments above).

You are going to have a pretty hard time convincing immigration that he's not just getting married for the green card (again).

Edited by a+j

- I am the beneficiary -

Timeline

Okay he has been here 8 years. By chance were these children conceived or born during his marriage?

How long was he married. You say he divorced after he couldn't remove conditions so I would thing at least 2 years he was married. How old are the children?

I ask all this because you have to look at this like immigration would?

I mean why is it he doesn't want to mention he had children here (which I assure you they know)? I find that very troubling.

Hope you both have lots of money to seek a lawyer this is not going to be a DIY kind of thing.

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.