msbau764

Fiancee Pregnant; Due Date Perhaps before Consular Interview [split topic]

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The benefit is if my fiancee has not had his visa approved/interview before the child is born, we are preparing so his last name can legally be placed on the birth certificate because he is acknowledging beforehad that he is the father of the unborn child. The information is sent to Texas Burea of Vital Statics. They match his information and my information. The representative told me this is in place to keep people from putting "Brad Pitt" as the father. However, if he is here then all he has to do is sign the paperwork at the hospital.

Exactly. Texas will not allow his name on the birth certificate unless he admits paternity. Here's more information--

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/AG_Publications/txts/paternity.shtml#acknow

I am lost. My fiance is pregnant, her due date is May 15, however we received our NOA1 for the K1 visa September 8. There is a chance that we may not receive a visa before her due date, so I was wondering what is this paternity thing you are talking about? How is it possible to acknowledge the rights to someone if they are not even born? should the baby's name be selected before filing.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If the child is born in Mexico, and you qualify, you can apply for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad(CRBA) and then get them a US passport to enter the US > http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/abroad/events-and-records/birth.html

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.