LibCampFireClub

Tempest over Obama's tea cup salute: Commander-in-chief sparks anger by saluting US Marines with drink in his hand

90 posts in this topic

don't get me wrong. i'm not saying that was the only reason that he was elected. i think most folks really wanted to have a black president and they supported his platform. i think the majority of this country would have liked to put our racial issues to rest and some of that majority were naive enough to believe electing obama could do the trick. i wanted him to end iraq, guantanamo - i certainly didn't want all the drones. i would have supported him strictly on the issue of healthcare alone in comparison to what republicans offered.

But I keep getting told Obamacare is the Repub plan.

What have you have got against drones ?

As for the Middle East and the world. It's so much safer now that Obama has everyone loving us right ?

As for the Middle East and the world. It's so much safer now that Obama has everyone loving us right ?

but the republican platform was offering nothing but an argument against obamacare during both elections.

i'm a hippie.

the world is not safe, i don't remember it ever being that way. i think we need to bring our focus back home, education and overall health as a nation should be our primary concern. i've met enough people from around the world to know that it's our humanity that unites us, not nationality. so i'm not really worried about safety in that sense.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm starting to think you're not fond of president Obama.

I'm starting to think you're not fond of president Obama.

What? I don't like a lot of what he does. I do not share the unhinged hatred like some.

Example-He made a ballsy decision to go after Obl. Had he failed and soldiers had died he would have been crucified. Those that were not willing to tip the hat or detract from that, need to take the glasses off.

Other than that he has been your usual corrupt lying sleaze bag like the rest of them

but the republican platform was offering nothing but an argument against obamacare during both elections.

i'm a hippie.

the world is not safe, i don't remember it ever being that way. i think we need to bring our focus back home, education and overall health as a nation should be our primary concern. i've met enough people from around the world to know that it's our humanity that unites us, not nationality. so i'm not really worried about safety in that sense.

I keep getting told by MBD and others that Obama care was the pub plan. Odd isn't it

As for bring the focus back home. I could not agree more.

Filed: Timeline

Why can't we just define Hillary by the issues. Yet many 100's of 1000's will still line up and vote for her because she is a woman.

Absolutely. Or vote for/against her according to her actual record of accomplishments as Senator or Sec. State. That won't go well...

There are some who will admit to that outright. Who are you then to deny that?

i'm sorry, what am i denying? you try so hard to twist everything i say i really have to pin it all down with you before responding.

Absolutely. Or vote for/against her according to her actual record of accomplishments as Senator or Sec. State. That won't go well...

i could be overstepping my bounds here as a woman, lol, but you really don't get to determine how others decide to cast their vote. i don't like hillary, i won't vote for her strictly because she's a woman because having a woman president isn't important to me. but, given my voting history, i might vote for her just to keep a republican out of office. guess i shouldn't have voting rights huh.

He likes that

it's super annoying

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

i might vote for her just to keep a republican out of office. guess i shouldn't have voting rights huh.

I'm pretty sure Bush wasn't elected because of his brilliant mind, visionary policies, and piercing wit

I'm pretty sure Bush wasn't elected because of his brilliant mind, visionary policies, and piercing wit

indeed. but he fit the mold no less..

Filed: Timeline
I keep getting told by MBD and others that Obama care was the pub plan. Odd isn't it

Look up the Republican 1993 health care reform proposal and compare it side-by-side with Obamacare. You'll be stunned.

KHN has done the side-y-side: http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/graphics/2010/022310-bill-comparison.aspx

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

And you assume my suggestion was some sort of command? :rolleyes:

not at all. just seems a waste of personal resources to complain and whine about how another person decides to cast their vote.