Beautifulday

to those who go thru ustraveldocs.com or those who know what it is..

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

hi guys! so today i decided was the time to finally pay for the interview. poland uses ustraveldocs.com to pay and schedule the interview so i logged in and tried to make a payment and, well, did, but..something is wrong and im really confused and worried. there were a few options as to how i could pay - either an online money transfer from ur bank's website or with a debit card or by going to a bank and giving them cash and making a payment that way. so my dad had a bank account that he could use to pay for stuff online so we paid for the interview that way...dad went to his bank's website and made the payment, but then i saw that the ustraveldocs asked me for a "receipt number" and i cant proceed without typing it in it seems. but...i have no idea what receipt number they are talking about. somebody on a polish forum told me that it is the receipt nr of the online transfer payment thing but my dad didnt get any receipt/confirmation number....he did get a confirmation that the payment was succesfully done but no receipt number. im kind of scared cuz i cant even go further without that number and idk what to think. i hope somebody can help me out...im afraid that the money is gone to waste and it is non-refundable...and i also really wantd to have the interview this thursday or friday cuz i know these dates are open.

8U4VDQU.png

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

i've read it all a few times by now and i still dont know what is the receipt nr they are asking for. if it the same as the CGI nr or what? im extremely confused

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

2. After you have selected debit card as an option for your payment please write down your receipt number. The receipt number will be used to schedule your appointment. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.

polcard2.png

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If you did a bank transfer, then it appears the CGI is what you need >

2. Make only one payment per CGI Reference number as the payment is non-refundable. It is critical that you keep the CGI Reference number that you use to make your online bank transfer. You must have this number as proof of payment in order to schedule your visa interview appointment. It is the applicant's responsibility to save this number.

bank_xfer2.png

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Europe regional - topic specific to paying and scheduling for Poland ~

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If you did a bank transfer, then it appears the CGI is what you need >

2. Make only one payment per CGI Reference number as the payment is non-refundable. It is critical that you keep the CGI Reference number that you use to make your online bank transfer. You must have this number as proof of payment in order to schedule your visa interview appointment. It is the applicant's responsibility to save this number.

bank_xfer2.png

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Europe regional - topic specific to paying and scheduling for Poland ~

i hope you are right! cuz i was so worried that something went wrong with the payment, thought i needed some receipt nr from the bank. thank you!! tho i will call the infoline tomorrow just to make sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i've read it all a few times by now and i still dont know what is the receipt nr they are asking for. if it the same as the CGI nr or what? im extremely confused

so if not pay inside the cgi/secure thingie,

then

all of that energy was wasted. smells like he sent off an electronic payment inside of his bank portal, instead.

sorry.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so if not pay inside the cgi/secure thingie,

then

all of that energy was wasted. smells like he sent off an electronic payment inside of his bank portal, instead.

sorry.

huh????

Timeline

dad went to his bank's website and made the payment, but then i saw that the ustraveldocs asked me for a "receipt number" and i cant proceed without typing it in it seems

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

dad went to his bank's website and made the payment, but then i saw that the ustraveldocs asked me for a "receipt number" and i cant proceed without typing it in it seems

Yes..he did it thru online transfer thing...there were several ways to do it, this one required that my dad goes to his bank's website and make a online payment from there.

Online Banking Funds Transfer Instructions -

• You may pay your MRV Fee using your online bank account. Your bank may apply charges to your account for EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) transactions.
  • Enter the beneficiary details as shown above into your online banking transfer form. Put your personal CGI Reference Number in the field, "Purpose of Transfer", if not the payment cannot be allocated to you. Do not alter the CGI Reference number or include any other information. If you do not include the CGI Reference, your payment will not be recognized.

i just need to know if the receipt nr is the same as CGI number, or if it's something else cuz if it is, i need to know how to get it.

Timeline

It says the CGI Reference number is what you need for proof of payment and to schedule your interview, so if you have that, then you should be good.

Timeline

CGI Number is in the profile section at ustraveldocs

and

no, CGI Number is not the same as a receipt number.

This may help, this was from another forum I saw: http://www.***removed***/forum/showthread.php/106653-How-to-get-MRV-receipt-after-NEFT

one of the responders to the question said:

"In my case, i paid the fees at 8AM, and it got reflected by 3PM. And i dint manually enter any receipt numbers ( infact the receipt number is the unique account number with the first 5 characters removed ), it got populated when i logged in after the receipt got activated. so wait for sometime.

This is out of my personal experience."

So possibly once the receipt is activated you can log back in and it should show up.

Adjustment of Status:

CIS Office: Fresno, CA

• 2016-04-01 AOS Package Sent
  • 2016-04-07 I-485 NOA1
  • 2016-05-09 Biometrics Appt.
  • 2016-05-19 Interview notice arrived in the mail!!
  • 2016-06-17 Interview Day

Timeline

CGI Number is in the profile section at ustraveldocs

and

no, CGI Number is not the same as a receipt number.

No, they are not the same. The instructions stated if you paid with debit card, then you get a receipt number and use that to schedule the interview. If you paid via bank transfer, then you use the CGI number as proof of payment to schedule the interview.

5. Once we receive your payment, you will be sent an email to notify you. Once you receive the email, you can then return to your profile to schedule your appointment with the CGI reference number.

http://ustraveldocs.com/pl/pl-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Timeline

Thank you all for help! I just chatted with an assistant from the ustraveldocs and she told me that the CGI is the receipt number, for me at least since i paid with an online transfer thing. so glad i have this figured out, guess the interview will be tomorrow!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.