saicho

Fallen in love with an Algerian man

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The Maven, You can feel its judgemental and condescending all you want. The POINT I am making is that she need to not just having a chat based relationship - if said relationship is heading towards marriage - then she needs to A. Meet the Person face to face more than one time and then move on to evaluating if this is a real marriage prospect for her. As you don't know my personal history - let me clue you in - I have tried the online marriage websites - everything from Single Muslim, Half Our Deen to Muslima .com -- and its completely the same but different for Muslims than it is for non Muslims.

There is a cultural and religious subtext that you may or may not be aware of as someone who is married to an individual from the UK where the most popular baby name is Mohammed.

So I don't really care that you feel what I am saying is judgemental - I am being completely honest with her about A what she can do to make sure this guy is 100% on the up and up and B. What she needs to be prepared for when it comes to doing the IR/CR1 visa process in the North African region.

Its not as easy as the London Embassy/Consulate - its much longer and more difficult especially post 9/11 with Homeland Security absorbing USCIS and other branches use to be independent functioning parts of the immigration process.

Ally

I met my husband online, I am 20 years older, not Muslim, I am divorced with children and he is from a so called "high fraud" country. With lots of evidence we had not one single hiccup throughout the entire process. Our 3rd wedding anniversary is in 3 weeks and he has been in the US for 2 years, we are now removing conditions. We just bought a home and we are living happily ever after. It is commonplace for people to meet over the internet in the digital age and the consulates are very aware of this, as they are well aware of the culture in the countries of the consulates in which they work. There is no need to scare this woman needlessly. There is nothing easy about the immigration process, no matter the country you are from, the burden of proof is there for everyone. In the end all of the work, preparation, waiting, worry and tears is worth every second. I wouldn't change a thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.