mister007

OMG, it happened! I-130 typographical mistake…

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everyone! I hope somebody can give us advice...

My wife (petitioner) and I (beneficiary) sent out our paperwork early June 2014. We checked all the filling blanks many times but it actually still happened:

In form I-130 the date of birth of my wife (petitioner) was accidently filled with a wrong date somewhere around 2014… (I guess automatically by the computer where we filled it)

My wife tried to get a hold of an officer via the USCIS hotline and talked to some of them. Finally on August 6, 2014 she received this letter:

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear …

On 07/22/2014 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at the time was the following:

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services concerning your application to notify us about an informational or typographical error on your notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Only the officer reviewing your application can make the corrections that you have requested. Therefore we have forwarded your concerns to your file and they will be reviewed by the officer at the time of adjudication.

No corrections have been made at this time, we regret the inconvenience. If the error is minor and the document is still valid, you can continue to use the notice you have now.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Does anyone have any experiences with a mistake like this? What can we do? We can’t really get a hold of somebody at USCIS that could tell us what to do. Is it a minor mistake and the form still valid? How long would it usually take to get an update of this corrected mistake from USCIS?

Thank you so much for your responses!

NVC: USCIS:

May 06, 2015: Scan Date AOS/IV package Jun 02, 2014: I-130 sent

Jun 05, 2015: Checklist for sponsor's AOS (wrong income amounts) Jun 04, 2014: NOA 1

Jun 10, 2015: received email of Checklist dated June 05, 2015 Nov 24, 2014: RFE

Jun 15, 2015: Checklist corrections mailed (took sooooo long due to post office strikes!) Dec 12, 2014: RFE sent

Jun 26, 2015: Scan Date Checklist Dec 16, 2014: NOA 2

Jul 22, 2015: Case Completed (CC email Jul 28, 2015) Jan 02, 2015: NVC received

CONSULATE:

Aug 25, 2015: P4 Interview Letter via email

Sep 08, 2015: Medical

Sep 17, 2015: Interview in Frankfurt !approved!(changed from Sep 29 on Sep 11)

USA:

Sep 26, 2015: Visa in Hand

Oct 07, 2015: POE (MIA)

Nov 03, 2015: received SSN in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone! I hope somebody can give us advice...

My wife (petitioner) and I (beneficiary) sent out our paperwork early June 2014. We checked all the filling blanks many times but it actually still happened:

In form I-130 the date of birth of my wife (petitioner) was accidently filled with a wrong date somewhere around 2014… (I guess automatically by the computer where we filled it)

My wife tried to get a hold of an officer via the USCIS hotline and talked to some of them. Finally on August 6, 2014 she received this letter:

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear …

On 07/22/2014 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at the time was the following:

The status of this service request is:

Recently, you or your representative contacted U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services concerning your application to notify us about an informational or typographical error on your notice. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Only the officer reviewing your application can make the corrections that you have requested. Therefore we have forwarded your concerns to your file and they will be reviewed by the officer at the time of adjudication.

No corrections have been made at this time, we regret the inconvenience. If the error is minor and the document is still valid, you can continue to use the notice you have now.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Does anyone have any experiences with a mistake like this? What can we do? We can’t really get a hold of somebody at USCIS that could tell us what to do. Is it a minor mistake and the form still valid? How long would it usually take to get an update of this corrected mistake from USCIS?

Thank you so much for your responses!

Well they told you what they will do. All you can do is wait. Hopefully they will get the information and correct. At worst case you would get a RFE and have to send an updated form. Or they will just approve and you move on. All you can do is wait now.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you very much dwheels! I hope everything will go fast and lead to a good end!

If anyone else has any experiences, it would be nice to read about them...

Thx a lot! And best regards!

NVC: USCIS:

May 06, 2015: Scan Date AOS/IV package Jun 02, 2014: I-130 sent

Jun 05, 2015: Checklist for sponsor's AOS (wrong income amounts) Jun 04, 2014: NOA 1

Jun 10, 2015: received email of Checklist dated June 05, 2015 Nov 24, 2014: RFE

Jun 15, 2015: Checklist corrections mailed (took sooooo long due to post office strikes!) Dec 12, 2014: RFE sent

Jun 26, 2015: Scan Date Checklist Dec 16, 2014: NOA 2

Jul 22, 2015: Case Completed (CC email Jul 28, 2015) Jan 02, 2015: NVC received

CONSULATE:

Aug 25, 2015: P4 Interview Letter via email

Sep 08, 2015: Medical

Sep 17, 2015: Interview in Frankfurt !approved!(changed from Sep 29 on Sep 11)

USA:

Sep 26, 2015: Visa in Hand

Oct 07, 2015: POE (MIA)

Nov 03, 2015: received SSN in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.