darth vader

Calling all VJ veterans for help

21 posts in this topic

Hi,

My fiance is an Indian citizen. His k-1 visa was denied at his interview last week, on the grounds that our relationship was not 'credible.' Is there anyone who was able to get a second interview after a denial?

I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback.

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If you can get in touch with the consulate and get a supervisor to review the case you have a chance. If the petition is returned to USCIS there is little hope. Most K1 end up back in USCIS hands after the validity date and are declared expired ending the process ( and not requiring any more effort from them ) You will get a letter you are free to refile without prejudice . Which means a second K1 or get married and apply for the CR1.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

If your parents call the consulate and offer their support, does that help?

No.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Hi all,

My fiance was denied a K1 visa at Mumbai recently. We have been engaged for nine months before the interview and had met over an year before the interview date. The officer was super rude at the interview. He had a note saying "Extra Evidence required case" on the file even before he had asked any questions. He didnt asked many questions and refused to see the evidence. He said towards the end that he thinks relationship is not credible.
We are planning on getting married now and apply for IR1 and move to a different country while we wait. Any suggestions on how to approach things now are welcome. Thanks in adavance.

Hi,

We need help.

My K1 visa was denied at interview. Officer already had a note on our file saying "Extra Evidence needed case". Odd. He asked me 4 or 5 very basic questions. I got them right may be I was a bit nervous seeing that note. He concluded that reationship was not credible enough and gave me a letter saying that petition is being sent back to USICS for review and possible revocation. He asked me how many times my fiance had visited me, I told him 4 times!!! He was amazed and asked how much money she made. Told him $35k annualy. Looked ike he couldnt believe someone making that much can afford 4 visits within a year!

Anyway here are my analysis of a few possible red fags :

1. I have been active online, have talked to girls from all over world, Itay,Germany,Bangladesh,US,UK etc. It was during college and for fun. Never anything serious or more than a few messages.

I met my fiance online years after, but officer asked me "If I was looking for someone from the US?" , I said no as I never intended on falling in love with someone I met online. But I did, and I cant thank god enough for that. I absolutely love my fiance to death.

2. She was still married when she met me. But her marriage was a wreck and divorce was already discussed, she officially filed for divorce a couple weeks after we met. Divorce decree came a month before our I-129f for K1 application.

3.Her ex was a non-american on H1, but she did not file for his green card.

Officer did not look at any of other evidence that I carried with me. When I tried to chug the evidence down his throat, he refused to look at it.

We are panning on getting married and filing for IR1, any advice on how to frontload the IR1 and address these(possible) redflags is appreciated. Cant trust awyers, they all want money. I'd rather take advice from people who have been through this.

Peace.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

So sorry to hear ur news. How did the embassy found u were talking to other people online.. Well i am an artist and i have fans and follower all over the world. I get quite a flirt msz on my blog but i hardly reply. I am worried about that.

Are you saying u r applying for IR1? As far as i know for ir1, u need to be married for 2 yrs

k3 is no more processed thats what i found out while researching

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She visited you but you never visited her?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We can reasonably discuss whether or not I am a genius.

I have never claimed to be a pyschic.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi boiler.. After reading ur question.. I was feeling low about our case.

I never visted my wife.. She came to see me always. Its not easy for me to get visitor visa. And i was feeling that they will reject us on this basis.

Oh man not seeing her is killing both of us and then reading and knowing the process and people's trouble with visa is driving me nuts.

I dont know what the is going to happen.. This visa is stopping me to take assignments for 2015 coz i dont want to be in middle of assignments in mountains or village or some crazy place and miss anything related to visa. Dammm this is just insane.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.