The Nature Boy

Far Left Climate Geeks Leave Mounds of Trash For Cities to Deal With

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, and listen to what people who research this stuff for a living. Am I sounding like a broken record yet?

The good news is, scientists aren't typically hippies.

The difficulty there is in knowing who to listen to (because even a crackpot can write a half convincing sounding science article, even if the research is total guff) and where it fits in with the prevailing school of thought. Hence a single article that refutes a marginal claim can become 'damning evidence' that its all BS. In short, scientific research isn't accessible to lay people.

Most people (especially here) have an agenda on this issue and will only look for evidence that supports their preconceived conclusions. And there can be no debate on it because no one really understands the research or how one study compares with another.

Filed: Other Timeline

More than that, how does a picture of some kerbside trash tell us anything? It could have been left by the protesters, or by any number of other people. It probably was left as a result of the demonstration but it's not exactly evidence of dirty deeds, just rather weak 'pictorial' argument that someone has dreamed up as if it makes a rational counterpoint to the real issues. If anyone is still in any doubt, it doesn't.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

More than that, how does a picture of some kerbside trash tell us anything? It could have been left by the protesters, or by any number of other people. It probably was left as a result of the demonstration but it's not exactly evidence of dirty deeds, just rather weak 'pictorial' argument that someone has dreamed up as if it makes a rational counterpoint to the real issues. If anyone is still in any doubt, it doesn't.

Rather it speaks to the bandwagoneers, hijacking the scientific message to push a political agenda, all the while detracting from the message itself by their actions. :(

So all we are left with are images of supposed hypocrisy from these gatherings, which only hurt the message these "environmentalists" claim to support.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: Timeline

So all I had to do was take a picture of some dirty spot around Ybor City during the RNC back in August of 2012 and post that on facebook claiming the Republicans that were in town did it? That would then prove that Republicans are pigs that rewarded Tampa's hospitality with piles of trash, yes? Strong case there. Congratulations!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Rather it speaks to the bandwagoneers, hijacking the scientific message to push a political agenda, all the while detracting from the message itself by their actions. :(

So all we are left with are images of supposed hypocrisy from these gatherings, which only hurt the message these "environmentalists" claim to support.

The bandwagoners are annoying. And usually dumb. Look at the environmentalist types and vaccinations. Despite all scientific evidence to the contrary, they think vaccinations are causing "insert issue here" in our children. But their opinion doesn't matter. Only the people who study and research the climate for a living. It is their global consensus we should be adhering to.

The bandwagoners are annoying. And usually dumb. Look at the environmentalist types and vaccinations. Despite all scientific evidence to the contrary, they think vaccinations are causing "insert issue here" in our children. But their opinion doesn't matter. Only the people who study and research the climate for a living. It is their global consensus we should be adhering to.

You've got a lot of patience. Fighting the good fight knowing good and well that it won't move the needle with the deniers.

Timeline

You've got a lot of patience. Fighting the good fight knowing good and well that it won't move the needle with the deniers.

It's important. And I don't know that I can't make any progress. I have to try.

Timeline

Agreed. :yes:

But, like the looters and rioters in Ferguson, these idiots obscure the message that we should be focusing on and the media couldn't give a damn about the issue, they just want to focus on the instant story.

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Timeline

Agreed. :yes:

But, like the looters and rioters in Ferguson, these idiots obscure the message that we should be focusing on and the media couldn't give a damn about the issue, they just want to focus on the instant story.

Well, you'll have that. I don't know what to say.

It's important. And I don't know that I can't make any progress. I have to try.

These folks deny science. They believe that science is corrupt and only out to get more of your hard earned money. They don't trust the elites in those universities. They're all liberals, you know? Meanwhile, they gladly toot the horn of deep pocketed business interests that are indeed out to get your hard earned money and that pizz on your future and that of your children. That's what you're up against.

Timeline

These folks deny science. They believe that science is corrupt and only out to get more of your hard earned money. They don't trust the elites in those universities. They're all liberals, you know? Meanwhile, they gladly toot the horn of deep pocketed business interests that are indeed out to get your hard earned money and that pizz on your future and that of your children. That's what you're up against.

Don't forget the idiots who trash the message, while furthering their own agenda. ;)

2011-11-15.garfield.png