13 posts in this topic

So, I was anxious and thinking all was moving well

Apr 26, 2014 Documents filed at Lewisville TX lockbox

Aug 9, 2014 Account transferred Tx to CA

Sept 9.2014 Receive Notice Case was transferred on August 11 back to TX

and then BAM!!

Sept 16 -"we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case"

Called on Sept 17 and Tier 2 officer showed no information having been uploaded about the letter or what the RFE contained

I am en route to my partner in the DR...and have no way to receive mail or respond. Is it true that RFE are a good sign? or is this a ominous roadblock? I was concerned when case got move around the country - but I understand that is kinda normal.

All inputs are appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

From what I've read before RFE means Request for Evidence.. so essentially it pushes you back a little because they are requiring you to send more evidence of your relationship. I don't know how long though but I'm sure someone with more experience will answer that question better :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

It is pure speculation to comment on the substance of the RFE letter without the benefit of actually viewing the letter. You have to wait for the actual RFE letter to find out their specific request. When you receive the actual RFE letter, respond to it thoroughly and promptly.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Called on Sept 17 and Tier 2 officer showed no information having been uploaded about the letter or what the RFE contained

I am en route to my partner in the DR...and have no way to receive mail or respond. Is it true that RFE are a good sign? or is this a ominous roadblock? I was concerned when case got move around the country - but I understand that is kinda normal.

I hope someone is there to pick up your mail then and possibly help you respond to it. It is a good sign, mainly because you know someone worked on your petition and its not lost in some unknown parts of the office. It can be something simple as forgetting to tick a box, or forgetting to sign something. We will never know until you get the letter. Hope its something easy. Good luck on your visa journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

and then BAM!!

Sept 16 -"we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case"

They wouldn't have anything since it's too early.

I am en route to my partner in the DR...and have no way to receive mail or respond. Is it true that RFE are a good sign?

It means they tried to adjucate your petition but something was wrong or missing.....so it means something was wrong or missing. If that's a good sign, then it is. Most folks don't have RFEs because nothing was wrong or missing.

or is this a ominous roadblock?

Depends

I was concerned when case got move around the country - but I understand that is kinda normal.

Yes

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

and then BAM!!

I hope you will be back home in time to receive and respond to the RFE. You have a limited time to reply to the RFE, and if you fail to respond your petition may be denied.

If you have a copy of your I-129F petition packet, you can scan through it to see if you have missed anything. Other than that, its just wait for the letter in the mail to see what your RFE contains.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I hope you will be back home in time to receive and respond to the RFE. You have a limited time to reply to the RFE, and if you fail to respond your petition may be denied.

If you have a copy of your I-129F petition packet, you can scan through it to see if you have missed anything. Other than that, its just wait for the letter in the mail to see what your RFE contains.

Generally RFEs have a limit of 12 weeks to reply. I wouldn't say it is that limited. The OP should be fine, assuming s/he isn't planning to be in the DR for more than a couple months and doesn't have anyone back home to receive his/her mail.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

THANKS to ALL.... I called USCIS today. Absolutely useless. There is no number for any processing center. Neither the call center or even a Tier 2 person knows what was in the letter...only the letter knows. So, now I am turning around and heading back to take care of it. Cannot take a chance on losing it or delays that may drag on...

Guess I will find out soon...

Mira a mi me paso lo mismo...

Pero ya me aprobaron después del RFE solo tomo 8 días y ya mi caso esta en nvc.. Si estas en Sto. Dgo trata de traer dos fotos 2x2 de tu novio.. Pues eso me lo pidieron, y una carta de intent to marry para q así no vengas aquí. Sin eso y tengas q esperar q te la mande

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

and then BAM!!

You can see my signiture timeline below. I had to provide a lot of stuff for my RFE but to me it was relatively a quick turn around time..

08-27-18 :  I-129F package sent

08-29-18 : Package delivered

09-05-18 : text from USCIS 

09-11-18 : NOA1 hardcopy

02-01-19 : Notice of approval

03-11-19 : NVC Received Package

03-13-2019  Received Case Number from NVC

04-02-2019  Package Left NVC to Consulate 

04-08-2019   Notified by Consulate received Package and received Package 3 via email.
06-04-2019   Interview

07-31-2019 Received VISA

You can see my signiture timeline below. I had to provide a lot of stuff for my RFE but to me it was relatively a quick turn around time..

Very encouraging... I am actually en route back to NYC Wednesday to get my hands on the RFE documents.

I want to keep everything moving, as best I can.

Thanks!

Timeline

Mira a mi me paso lo mismo...

Pero ya me aprobaron después del RFE solo tomo 8 días y ya mi caso esta en nvc.. Si estas en Sto. Dgo trata de traer dos fotos 2x2 de tu novio.. Pues eso me lo pidieron, y una carta de intent to marry para q así no vengas aquí. Sin eso y tengas q esperar q te la mande

Please, English only in the main forums. local languages are permitted in the regional forums.

Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.