Hawknick

Is it faster if my Fiancée in Vietnam is pregnant?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My Fiancée in Vietnam wants me to get her pregnant on my next visit because she believes that it will speed up the process. She has a friend that did it and got a faster interview, but she says she has 2 other friends that are not pregnant that are waiting, and she said that the wait can be over 2 years for an interview if she is not. I don't think this is a great idea for several reasons.

My questions are: Would this do any good at all? Could this make things more complicated? Are there other and better ways that can help her to get a faster interview? Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

^tell her having a baby in order to get a visa is a terrible idea. You should have children because you want them.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

I don't know, it maybe be part of the mythology that surrounds the Visa process in some places. Sometimes, if the petition takes quite a long time to process, or there is AP, the lady ends up having her baby at home anyway.

I think she is a little off as well, in her belief that it would take two years to get an interview.

If you go to the top right of the page, where it says Search, typing in the question about pregnancy speeding things up or not, you will find heaps of answers.

There is a country specific forum for Vietnam as well, here is a link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/136-vietnam/

Edited by cdneh

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Good idea, thanks for the advice.

No worries, be sure to check out the forum for Vietnam as well:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/136-vietnam/

^tell her having a baby in order to get a visa is a terrible idea. You should have children because you want them.

He didn't say she was getting pregnant to get a visa. He said she had heard that it would speed the process up.

Oh wow, it did not help that guy at all. Coming on here is making me even more sure that it is a bad idea. I don't want her to wait a long time, but now I am even more sure that this is not a good idea.

I'm not sure what guy you mean, but I have certainly seen the difficulties over the years I have been here. Try and talk to her about it, perhaps you can help her to understand not only will it not speed the process up, but may in fact slow things down. Have a look in the Vietnam forum as well, you may be able to get a feel for how long until interview from approved petition.

I wish you all the best!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It doesnt speed up ur visa one of my cusin's wife getting pregnant she is the citizen of USA her hubby tried to get even visting visa for take care during CR1 processing but embassy never approved their visiting visa even she was in critical condition in her last months of pregnancy. My cusin getting their visa in 3 years atleast just becsuse of three times denied in visiting visa interview it cause delay in their review processing...

Best of luck both of u hopefully ur wify doesnt wait like that

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Your relationship should be forefront to having a child. I know she believes it will speed up the visa process, which is false. The only time I could see there being an expedite is if something during the pregnancy caused a major health issue that could not be resolved or put her life in danger. It's definitely not worth that risk and that's still a big IF.

Since the relationship is already long distance, having a baby would be so tough. My fiance and I discussed the idea of having children prior to our engagement and recent month-long trip. We decided against it and even decided to put off discussing the option until a year after he's been here with me. It's just not worth it - you will both want to experience the pregnancy together and do it as a couple.. not trying to make up for it and help her through it being so far away.

Good luck!

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Getting pregnant speeds up nothing. It can complicate things if she ends up having the baby before entering the US, as you would need to go through the process of getting US citizenship for your child. I have no idea why anyone would be waiting 2 years to get an interview for a K-1 visa in Vietnam. You schedule your own K-1 interview, so depending on availability, it should only be maybe 1-3 months to an interview after the consulate receives your approved I-129F petition. http://photos.state.gov/libraries/hochiminh/231771/PDFs/K-INSTRUCTION.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Your relationship should be forefront to having a child. I know she believes it will speed up the visa process, which is false. The only time I could see there being an expedite is if something during the pregnancy caused a major health issue that could not be resolved or put her life in danger. It's definitely not worth that risk and that's still a big IF.

Since the relationship is already long distance, having a baby would be so tough. My fiance and I discussed the idea of having children prior to our engagement and recent month-long trip. We decided against it and even decided to put off discussing the option until a year after he's been here with me. It's just not worth it - you will both want to experience the pregnancy together and do it as a couple.. not trying to make up for it and help her through it being so far away.

Good luck!

Wow, that makes me feel terrible. My fiance is 7 weeks along and I sent my petition the 1st week of september.

K1 Visa Event Date Service Center : Texas Service Center Transferred? No Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014

I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014

I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014

I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014

I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014

I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014

I-129F: Crickets as of today

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, that makes me feel terrible. My fiance is 7 weeks along and I sent my petition the 1st week of september.

Everyone's situation is different. For some it was planned, for others it just happened. I don't know what your situation was, but I'm assuming it's the right one for you and your fiance. Don't get too hung up on my words, I was responding to the OP.. and since he asked specifically, that's how I answered. My personal situation we felt it was better to wait. For both of us it's our first child, we aren't that far off an approval (6 months at worst.. unless AP), and we really wanted to have that experience together.

Good luck :)

Edited by Megan & Luke

Our K-1 at Texas Service Center

I-129F Sent: 07-02-14 (USPS Overnight Express)
I-129F Rcvd: 07-03-14
NOA1: 07-08-14

NOA1 Hardcopy: 07-14-14

ARN Changed: 07-16-14

NOA2: 01-23-15 (199 days)

Sent to NVC: 01-27-15

NOA2 Hardcopy: 01-30-15 (No consulate listed, inquiry opened)

NVC Received: 02-06-15 (Case # assigned)

NVC Sent: 02-19-15

London Embassy Received: 02-23-15

Readiness Submitted: 03-02-2015

Packet 3 Received: 03-03-2015

Packet 4 Received: 03-12-2015

Medical: 03-04-15 (Passed)

Interview: 04-10-2015 (Approved!)

Visa Issued: 04-15-2015

Visa In Hand: 04-21-2015

POE: 05-03-2015

Wedding: July 10, 2015

3,419 miles (L) Distance means nothing when your heart says "I love you"

YVjFm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.