Beautifulday

relationship evidence for the interview (photographs)

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

hi guys. im taking about 50 photographs of me and fiance to the interview....there is a few of me and his family. is 50 too many or no?

also...i have fiance's initials tatted on my wrist which i did over a month ago and he got my name on his arm not long ago also. do u think photographs of these tattoes are good evidence?

i obviously have mine on me so that can be easily proved but when it comes to my fiance he has posted the photo on facebook and people liked it and commented it so i took a screenshot of that,

do u think that could be good proof? or should i not bother with this lol and it's silly?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In Facebook in the messaging part of it there must be a section where you can go back in time of your conversation, if you can than copy and paste into a word file your conversation. That is what i did but from another social site. It took me most of a day because there were 3 years of conversions but you have to have evidence so whatever it takes.

I think nothing is silly, why not?!?!? If the IO wants to see it than great, if not than you did not lose anything. People do say here though that pictures are secondary evidence. I think 50 is OK if you want to carry that much but no more i think. I wish you luck on your interview. :)

Edited by VFittipaldi

Timeline

In Facebook in the messaging part of it there must be a section where you can go back in time of your conversation, if you can than copy and paste into a word file your conversation. That is what i did but from another social site. It took me most of a day because there were 3 years of conversions but you have to have evidence so whatever it takes.

yeah there is, but isnt copying it into a word file not that good? i mean screenshoting the conversation does prove it's real and legit and you can just put anything in the word file..not that anybody would i guess but yeah. i wasnt gonna print out a bunch of screenshots anyway, just several of different times of talking. i do not have any that go back 2 or 3 years tho, and if i did it would take a very long time to find them...

guys, are conversations really that needed??

and what about the tattoos, good evidence or should i not bother

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

yeah there is, but isnt copying it into a word file not that good? i mean screenshoting the conversation does prove it's real and legit and you can just put anything in the word file..not that anybody would i guess but yeah. i wasnt gonna print out a bunch of screenshots anyway, just several of different times of talking. i do not have any that go back 2 or 3 years tho, and if i did it would take a very long time to find them...

guys, are conversations really that needed??

and what about the tattoos, good evidence or should i not bother

As for copying its better than nothing. I don't think anyone would easily fake a conversion because when you copy and paste the names and dates and possibly profile pictures still get carried over and i am sure the IO has seen a Facebook conversation before in his/her life otherwise we come to the conclusion that anything can be faked and no one would get approved. As for screenshots, yes that's a great idea. I have all my Skype video calls on a screenshots.

Filed: Country: Latvia
Timeline

I printed a bit more photos than that, quite a few to a page. They didn't ask to see them, or anything for that matter.

We had sent something like 200k facebook messages to each other, which has trouble loading well - I just took a screenshot on my slow work computer of it showing the number of messages we had sent when it lagged trying to view older messages.

Do you skype at all? There are skype history programs that can export your skype history fairly easily.

04/14/12 - First date in the U.S.

02/26/13 - Married

06/3/13 - Petition Filed (had been unsuccessfully trying to move to Europe)

06/6/13 - NOA1 (National Benefits Center)

12/19/13 - Transferred to Nebraska Service Center

03/3/14 - I130 Approved

03/18/14 - NVC Received file from USCIS

04/28/14 - Received/Paid AOS Bill

05/01/14 - Received/Paid IV Bill

05/14/14 - Sent AOS Package

05/30/14 - Sent IV Package

06/05/14 - Submitted DS-260

06/19/14 - Received checklist for AOS, resubmitted required corrections

08/09/14 - Case completed at NVC

08/14/14 - Received Interview Date

09/08/14 - Interview date - Approved!

09/11/14 - Raced into town, threw car into a parking spot, and ran down city streets to get to the courier company 2 minutes before the close to get passport back

10/10/14 - POE Entry

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

I copied and pasted various different conversations that we had on Skype plus one from Facebook, sent photos (4), sent receipts from the purchase of my wedding dress and alterations, along with a receipt of the down payment for the chapel and e-mails from the chapel.

I think that its best to bring anything and everything you have. You've came this far there is no such thing as having too much evidence I think, however, I do believe that it is better to bring 5 photos plus various other things than just photos. If you feel more comfortable printing off screen shots of your Facebook conversations then do that, but I copied and pasted.

Hope this helps.

(10.04.2014) AOS Package Sent

(10.08.2014) NOA-1 e-mail & text messages received
(10.14.2014) NOA-1 hard copy received in mail

(10.20.2014) Biometrics appointment notice received in mail

(10.29.2014) RFE received

(10.30.2014) Biometrics appointment

(11.03.2014) USCIS Local Office appointment

(11.13.2014) Sent RFE response

(12.19.2014) EAD/AP Approved, card being produced

(12.24.2014) EAD/AP Official approval notice received in mail

(12.29.2014) EAD/AP sent to address

(12.30.2014) EAD/AP received in the mail

(01.20.2015) Potential interview waiver notice received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

hi guys. im taking about 50 photographs of me and fiance to the interview....there is a few of me and his family. is 50 too many or no?

Depends on the content and the rest of your relationship evidence.

also...i have fiance's initials tatted on my wrist which i did over a month ago and he got my name on his arm not long ago also. do u think photographs of these tattoes are good evidence?

No, I could get your initials on my arm and it doesn't mean we have a relationship.

i obviously have mine on me so that can be easily proved but when it comes to my fiance he has posted the photo on facebook and people liked it and commented it so i took a screenshot of that,

Whatever, means nothing towards a relationship.

do u think that could be good proof? or should i not bother with this lol and it's silly?

I wouldn't include it.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I don't think 50 is too much at all, however just because you bring 50 doesn't mean they will look at all of them or even any of them. We brought 2 albums, with probably close to 200 pictures total, and we only showed a few to the CO.

Photos of a tattoo don't prove anything. It's better to have pictures of you 2 together, alone, with friends, and with family.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Take as many photos as you like, they CO may or may not have any interest. Typically the CO already knows whether you're approved or not before you even go in there, it's more of a fail safe, in case they find something on the beneficiary or for the high fraud countries, to try and find the inconsistencies that would indicate fraud.

Tattoos mean nothing to the CO, you can get a tattoo of anyone's name and say it means something. You can show them, but I highly doubt the CO will think it's evidence.

You should bring with you all the required documents, like proof of income of the USC, birth certificates, divorce certificates, paystubs, tax returns, any employment contracts, etc.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

take everything as long as it makes you more confident :P I took lots of different stuff like screenshots (of course, a MUCH better thing than word files), photo album, skype calls records... Also there's an app on Fb that;s called "Message count" and it shows how many messages you exchange, you can use a screenshot of that.

I brought a ton of stuff with me and needed not a single piece of paper :P but knowing that I have it all with me really made me more confident

K-1 visa, TSC:

NOA-1 - January 24, 2014

NOA-2 - July 25, 2014

Case shipped to NVC (Department of State actually) - July 31, 2014

Paper copy of NOA-2 received - August 2, 2014

NVC Case Creation Date - August 11, 2014 (as it says on CEAC website)

NVC Ready Status - August 18, 2014

Administrative Processing status - August 28, 2014

Medical - September 8, 2014

Interview - September 12, 2014 . Approved!!! :dancing:

Visa in hand - September 17, 2014

Flight to the USA - October 1, 2014

Wedding - December 6, 2014 (L)

Adjustment of Status:

Documents sent - April 12,2015

USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (email, text) - April 27,2015

Biometrics for AOS - May 20, 2015

RFE in the mail - May 23,2015

Biometrics for EAD (yep, sh*t happens) - June 23,2015

Notice of approval for EAD in mail - June 30,2015

EAD in mail - July 13, 2015

Avance Parole in mail - July 24,2015

Ready to schedule for interview - July 20, 2015

USCIS letter with interview date - August 22,2015

AOS interview date - September 24,2015

Approved! :dancing::dancing::dancing:

Welcome letter in mail - September 29,2015

Green card in mail - October 2, 2015

Filed: Timeline

Hey guys, after filling out form DS 160, we realized that we need to provide the embassy with our NOA2 from USCIS. Do they accept the copy as well, or they only need to original. I can scan and email it to my fiance. Mailing it would take so much time.

Timeline

i guess you guys are right that 50 photos are too many. ill take around 20, the best ones. i've also got boarding passes and a lot of cards that we sent to each other, ill get a few screenshots of conversations, i've got all the required documents, and i think that it is true that they make their decision before even talking to me. but i'll be prepared just in case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.