a@c

Help my K1 same sex visa was denied

108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Cry me a river. The consulates are not mistake free either and lie all the time. Give me a break. He/she did what he thought was possible to bring the most important person in his life to the US. He didn't purchase his SO over the internet like some people have. His/her relationship is legitmate. His/her petition was denied in the past. He is NOT a criminal.

I'm not suggesting the relationship is not legitimate. To get a K-1 visa, however, you have to be able to prove that legitimacy to the US government and appropriate consulate/embassy. This is where the OP ran into problems, and now she is here trying to find out why.

What is in it for the consulates to lie or refuse visas to otherwise deserving applicants? Nothing. The vast majority hold no ill will towards people trying for a US visa and do not discriminate based on race, sexual orientation, age or anything else. And we all know posters can twist the details of their story when posting about it on VJ (not to say that's happened in this case, but it's possible). I still am not sure we have the OP's entire story about the relationship and the events leading up to the denial.

Finally, and I'll say this again, IF she tried to paint a picture of her fiancée being nothing more than a nanny for the purposes of bringing her to the US even for a few weeks on a tourist visa and even on the advice of a lawyer in the Philippines, that IS misrepresentation, that IS a crime, and it DOES have consequences, which we might be seeing now.

To the OP: you mentioned raising a child together with your fiancée. Is that child legally your daughter?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, so just to set something straight, I know you all are trying to help.. but be polite to don't respond at all. We are dealing with enough,when I applied for the b1/b2 it says to act as a nanny for 3 weeks. ( I still have all of the documents submitted) . not that she WAS my nanny ( I had one and have evidence of this as well). And yes we had a relationship prior to then.. In Manila you could not say to act as my babysitter while I work.. so there . Yes, we were together and have been for as long as I can remember. I lived and worked there for 9 years so we could remain together. As per the Philippine lawyer, Nanny was what she thought would be best on the application since I lived/worked and Maintained a residence in Manila and was ONLY Coming home for the holidays. I am trying to figure out what will happen next and not be grilled over and over again. That is not what this forum is for.. I will rely on my lawyer. Thanks for those that were helpful.

Timeline

and yes, my daughter is legally mine. If the CO thought there was any mis-representation or if they thought we were lying ( as so many of you have said) they would have marked that on the denial form and not that there was not a bonafide relationship. The CO didn't see it that way or did not mark it down as that. AND had she been approved for the b1b2 she would have watched our daughter while I was working so that is not a LIE.

Timeline

This "nanny situation is a HUGE problem for you".,.,.,.,.,as it is a huge red flag to me.

I just wish you had presented your situation in a more precise manner, as members had to ask too many questions, andto me, was poorly explained.,.,.,.,.,

To me.,.,.,,this "nanny" visit for 3 weeks..,.,if I understand corectly, and the "nanny" visited.,.,.,.,""is your problem""

The "Nanny" did not visit, the b1b2 was DENIED. I personally don't care if you think it was poorly explained.. with all of these questions like rapid fire you would not be able to keep up either. And as I stated before and will do so again, I asked that she "act as a nanny" while here. I lived in Manila for 10 years.. most b1b2 visas were because people were trying to bring there nannys for a visit. I can assure you all that this is a legitimate relationship.. more so than most people who meet someone online fly over there to take some pictures to petition their "wife" to come over here.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I'm not suggesting the relationship is not legitimate. To get a K-1 visa, however, you have to be able to prove that legitimacy to the US government and appropriate consulate/embassy. This is where the OP ran into problems, and now she is here trying to find out why.

What is in it for the consulates to lie or refuse visas to otherwise deserving applicants? Nothing. The vast majority hold no ill will towards people trying for a US visa and do not discriminate based on race, sexual orientation, age or anything else. And we all know posters can twist the details of their story when posting about it on VJ (not to say that's happened in this case, but it's possible). I still am not sure we have the OP's entire story about the relationship and the events leading up to the denial.

Finally, and I'll say this again, IF she tried to paint a picture of her fiancée being nothing more than a nanny for the purposes of bringing her to the US even for a few weeks on a tourist visa and even on the advice of a lawyer in the Philippines, that IS misrepresentation, that IS a crime, and it DOES have consequences, which we might be seeing now.

To the OP: you mentioned raising a child together with your fiancée. Is that child legally your daughter?

She put on the B2 application that she wants a B2 in order to help with the daughter, being a Nanny. That was not good advice from her lawyer.

A B2 is to visit not to give the impression to work or babysit or being a Nanny.

It was NOT a misrepresentation, she put it transparently on the application. It certainly was NOT a crime. It was counter productive.

If the findings of the K1 were misrepresentation she would have received a 221g with a PC marker on it and the CO would

not have stated the refusal was because of "lack of bona fide" relationship.

The CO may be confused about the Nanny worker/ fiance issue but did not find misrepresentation.

OP.... is there a P6C marker ( a combo of letters and numbers) on the letter (221g) you received from the CO after the interview in addition

to the "lack of bona fide" reason ? Is any box checked on it ?

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

212(a)5(a) is what checked, also the check next to the waiver, just says with this type of denial we can't do a waiver and then the disposition of the case. Saying it will be sent back to UCIS.

Unfortunately, the Phillippines don't allow SSM and there are very few countries that do which is why she opted for the K1.

Personally I would get married and file DCF at Manila.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Timeline

My question to you and anyone else with common sense, how many people would MARRY a Nanny for the sake of having a Nanny. Seems crazy, I hope the Embassy would see it that was as well. NO matter how desperate anyone is, Marrying so you could have a full time Nanny to a child who no longer needs one seems insane. Use your brains people. This is love, Ive never been married before but I will walk to the edges of earth to make sure we are together.

My question to you and anyone else with common sense, how many people would MARRY a Nanny for the sake of having a Nanny. Seems crazy, I hope the Embassy would see it that was as well. NO matter how desperate anyone is, Marrying so you could have a full time Nanny to a child who no longer needs one seems insane. Use your brains people. This is love, Ive never been married before but I will walk to the edges of earth to make sure we are together.

I know you are feeling down about the denial, but people are here trying to help you. People don't questioned your relationship but based on all facts you have presented here, they were trying to see a big picture why your fiancé's K1 visa was denied. I would think you are being nicer replied back to them.

If you think people have questioned your genuinely relationship then it is not for the first time happened ever. Many people had the experience including mine. But I wouldn't set a fire just because people don't believe my relationship to my husband is a real one. Swallow good advises and take a lesson from the tough ones.

Good luck!

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

helpful comments are appreciated but I am done being called a lier. That got old real quick.. so anyone with HELPFUL advise please continue to post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

i am sorry that this happened...i guess sometimes they don't tell the truth either, cuz u mentioned that they told u that your fiancee got denied cuz of lack of evidence ? but they wrote down something different...i just know that a tourist visa has very many limitations, ive read about that visa once and the person who is on it isn't even allowed to volunteer...that is kind of weird and all but that's just what the law says i guess. hopefully you can hire a good lawyer and get this fixed. best of luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

No one is calling you a liar. What you did (apparently without realizing and with bad advice from a lawyer) is try to apply for a visa under fraudulent terms. She is not your nanny, was never your nanny, and would not be acting like a nanny. She was in a relationship with you, coming to visit, and acting in the capacity of a parent. Parents aren't nannies or babysitters. Again, I am not calling you a liar. I am explaining why your initial visa was denied and why the K1 is denied, with the assumption of labor fraud. There is good, solid advice here that you are taking as an insult rather than constructive information.

07/19/12 - Married

Adjustment of Status from F-1 Student Visa: Day 00 - 07/20/12 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

Day 03 - 07/23/12 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Chicago - signed for by D Colonna

Day 11 - 08/03/12 - Acceptance confirmation texts and emails

Day 14 - 08/06/12 - Checks cleared

Day 18 - 08/10/12 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 08/06/12 for appointment on 08/30/12)

Day 22 - 08/14/12 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there!)

Day 25 - 08/17/12 - Received NOAs

Day 36 - 08/28/12 - Notice via text of interview on 10/02/12

Day 38 - 08/30/12 - Received interview notice hard copy

Day 65 - 09/24/12 - Notice via text of I-131 approval

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Interview

Day 71 - 10/02/12 - Text messages of APPROVAL of I-130 and I-485 - Card in Production

Day 78 - 10/09/12 - Received Welcome Notice

Day 80 - 10/11/12 - Received Conditional Green Card

Removal of Conditions: Day 00 - 07/07/14 - Sent I-751

Day 03 - 07/10/14 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in California

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Check cleared

Day 07 - 07/14/14 - Received NOA (dated 07/10/14)

Day 14 - 07/21/14 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 07/17/14 for appointment on 08/01/14)

Day 18 - 07/25/14 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office (We were the only ones there...again!)

Day 38 - 08/14/14 - Text message of APPROVAL of 1-751 - Card in Production

Day 43 - 08/19/14 - Notice via text indicating card has been mailed

Day 44 - 08/20/14 - Notice via text with USPS tracking number

Day 46 - 08/22/14 - Received Permanent Green Card

Naturalization: Day 00 - 08/21/15 - Sent N-400

Day 03 - 08/24/15 - Confirmation from USPS that package was received in Arizona

Day 07 - 08/28/15 - Check cleared

Day 10 - 08/31/15 - Acceptance confirmation text and email

Day 14 - 09/04/15 - Received NOA (dated 08/28/15)

Day 24 - 09/14/15 - Received biometrics appointment notice (dated 09/05/15 for appointment on 09/21/15)

Day 28 - 09/18/15 - Completed biometrics via successful walk-in at Columbus, OH office

Day 32 - 09/22/15 - Notice via text and email indicating in line for testing and interview

Day 35 - 09/25/15 - Notice via text and email indicating interview is scheduled

Day 41 - 10/01/15 - Received interview appointment notice (dated 09/28/15 for appointment on 11/03/15)
Day 73 - 11/03/15 - Interview

Day 74 - 11/04/15 - Text message of APPROVAL of N-400 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Day 75 - 11/05/15 - Received Oath Ceremony appointment notice (dated 11/04/15 for appointment on 11/17/15)

Day 87 - 11/17/15 - Oath Ceremony - US CITIZEN

Timeline

there is a lot of great advice and I will take it.. but there is also a lot of negativity that quite frankly I don't need or have to listen to. I am not blind and I can see there are genuine people trying to help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.