23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello,

I desperately need some solid advice. I am a natural born U.S. citizen. I brought my foreign wife and her children to the United States on B-2 visas in October 2013 to visit my family and I returned to my job in Saudi Arabia and planned to return to visit again at Christmas 2013 and take them back to Saudi Arabia. When I returned to Saudi Arabia I found out my contract would not be renewed and decided to file AOS for them when I came home in February 2014. We knew it would take a little longer to save the money for their AOS (about $6000 for all four of them). So, I began to search for work here at home. It has been very difficult and I have been unable to find work. We are living with my family and they are helping as best they can.

They will have been in the U.S. since October 2013 and I am worried that if their documents are not filed by October 2014 they will be declared illegal and be deported.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Craig

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from IR1/CR1 Process to WST-based AOS Forum~

~inquiry about adjusting from visitor visas~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You family is probably already in an overstay. They should have been given no more than 6 months stay when they arrived. Does your family make enough to co sponsor

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I also wonder how they got 12 months, not usual on a B and certainly not for this sort of situation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So what has October 2014 got to do with anything?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

No such time limit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My understanding was that there is a "grace" period. I may be incorrect in that. But that "grace" period would expire 12 months after arrival.

There is no grace period the day they stay pass that 6 months expire stamp its an overstay. Not considered illegal stay because she is married to a USC.

However they are in lock down kids can't go to school, she can't work. So the sooner you can file the Adjustment of Status the better. I know with no job that's like impossible.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Not on a B, but that is moot as the B is no more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Uhm, overstay is overstay and it is considered unlawful presence, even if married to a USC. Being married to a USC gives no legal status in the US. Once you file for AOS, they will be in a new period of authorized stay while waiting for the green card approvals, and the unlawful presence will not be an issue for filing or being approved.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Timeline

Y not start with your wife and older childs first. they R all under illegal status

after 6 mths, many will consider breaking the line ahead of those waiting

including ICE, start on the adults petition first...there are a few community colleges

that will allow out of town tuition for some undocumented and U pay cash

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.