2,417 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi MQL in your last post you mentioned that nvc told you to call on 1st July so they will give some update do you call them again or not

One more question Any member on this forum who get welcome letter

When NVC tells you to call back what they are trying to say is that they may have an update and not that they will have an update.

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When NVC tells you to call back what they are trying to say is that they may have an update and not that they will have an update.

yes I know that's why I asked did he call so there may be an update

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yes I know that's why I asked did he call so there may be an update

Hi neel,

Yes I called in Nvc, but again they said there is no visa number available and I call back on 1st August,

I think again there is no movement of f3 or may be only 1 week movement.

Let's see new bulletin what it say .

Timeline

Hi neel,

Yes I called in Nvc, but again they said there is no visa number available and I call back on 1st August,

I think again there is no movement of f3 or may be only 1 week movement.

Let's see new bulletin what it say .

OK thanks let's hope for best

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone, i need your advice on something.... My friend is filed for under the F3 visa category and her priority date is 10June2005. Her case has been completed sine may 2016 and the case complete letter told her she will get an interview date after 60 days. I know that it is a fact that she will not get an interview date unless her priority date is current (and its not) but she is convinced that she will get one soon because the case complete letter said so. My question is, is there any possible way for her to get an interview date before her priority date is current on the visa bulletin?

also she will be 21 soon, before her priority date becomes current, will this affect her chance at getting a visa? (she is a derivative beneficiary, not the principal beneficiary)

Timeline

hello everyone, i need your advice on something.... My friend is filed for under the F3 visa category and her priority date is 10June2005. Her case has been completed sine may 2016 and the case complete letter told her she will get an interview date after 60 days. I know that it is a fact that she will not get an interview date unless her priority date is current (and its not) but she is convinced that she will get one soon because the case complete letter said so. My question is, is there any possible way for her to get an interview date before her priority date is current on the visa bulletin?

also she will be 21 soon, before her priority date becomes current, will this affect her chance at getting a visa? (she is a derivative beneficiary, not the principal beneficiary)

no it is not possible unless the priority date will up or current the cc letter which given to the applicant is a computerized letter the same will send to everyone if she will be 21 there will be no worry because she will follow the cspa rule

Timeline

no it is not possible unless the priority date will up or current the cc letter which given to the applicant is a computerized letter the same will send to everyone if she will be 21 there will be no worry because she will follow the cspa rule

thank you for replying. do you know when her priority date may become current?

Timeline

thank you for replying. do you know when her priority date may become current?

my priority date is 8 February 2005 and got my cc on 20 January 2016 Iam also waiting for the interview and we can't predict anything about nvc

Timeline

Your friend will not get an interview before her priority date becomes current. Since she is a derivative beneficiary she will be processed under CSPA. This will not come into effect until a visa is available for her (when pd becomes current). Her age will be frozen at that point and so long as her age under CSPA determination is under 21, she will be eligible for a visa and the one year "seek to acquire" time will become active from the first day of the month for the visa bulletin in which the pd became current. Since NVC cannot determine when a pd will become current, they cannot determine when CSPA processing will be completed.

EOT

Priority date 9th December 2004. Interview email received 31/08/2016. Medicals completed 12/09/2016 and received 20/09/2016. Interview done at Montreal on 03/10/2016. Visas issued 17th November 2016. Passports received 21/11/2016.

Filed: Timeline

Your friend will not get an interview before her priority date becomes current. Since she is a derivative beneficiary she will be processed under CSPA. This will not come into effect until a visa is available for her (when pd becomes current). Her age will be frozen at that point and so long as her age under CSPA determination is under 21, she will be eligible for a visa and the one year "seek to acquire" time will become active from the first day of the month for the visa bulletin in which the pd became current. Since NVC cannot determine when a pd will become current, they cannot determine when CSPA processing will be completed.

EOT

Hello friends,

Priority date November 22, 2004 (F3 category) received IL through email on July 1, 2016 after completion of CSPA process.

Interview scheduled on August 4, 2016

Edited by mcm2004

Timeline

Hello friends,

Priority date November 22, 2004 (F3 category) received IL through email on July 1, 2016 after completion of CSPA process.

what do you think in this bulletin 1 week movement or no movement

Timeline

Hello friends,

Congratulations. I take it your whole family is scheduled for the interview on that day? Seems like they took quite a while to process the CSPA side of things.

Timeline

what is the CSPA process?

See this link https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa. Since your friend is a derivative beneficiary who will be turning 21 shortly, she will be processed under CSPA. Her age will be taken on the date a visa becomes available for her. From this age the waiting time for petition approval will be subtracted to give her CSPA age. Here is a simplified example:

Age at time of application (priority date) is 10 years old using a pd of December 2004

Age at time of visa becoming available (current date) is 22 using a cd of October 2016

Petition approved by NVC in March 2010 so approval time was 5 years and 3 months (March 2010 minus December 2004)

CSPA age = 22 minus 5 years and 3months = 16 Years and 9 months. This is less than 21 so visa should be available.

If the CSPA age was more than 21, then the applicant would have aged out.

EOT

Timeline

See this link https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/child-status-protection-act/child-status-protection-act-cspa. Since your friend is a derivative beneficiary who will be turning 21 shortly, she will be processed under CSPA. Her age will be taken on the date a visa becomes available for her. From this age the waiting time for petition approval will be subtracted to give her CSPA age. Here is a simplified example:

Age at time of application (priority date) is 10 years old using a pd of December 2004

Age at time of visa becoming available (current date) is 22 using a cd of October 2016

Petition approved by NVC in March 2010 so approval time was 5 years and 3 months (March 2010 minus December 2004)

CSPA age = 22 minus 5 years and 3months = 16 Years and 9 months. This is less than 21 so visa should be available.

If the CSPA age was more than 21, then the applicant would have aged out.

EOT

okay, thanks for explaining

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.