rorysspeed

Fear for my fiance in Ukraine

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would like to know if there are any US citizens who have filed a petition for a k-1 visa for their fiance in Ukraine. My fiance and I are very nervous with the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. We are uncertain when we will be approved and everyday seems to be a ticking time bomb. We filed in May. Does anyone know if there is a way to expedite this process in such a time? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Timeline

You can call USCIS and request expedite process over the phone. They will give you list of the options under which you would consider your situation to be eligible for expedite review. I called as my fiancee lives in eastern part of Ukraine and lost of income falls under financial hardship plus I have sent her money by westernunion, I also explained that current war was going all over around her and that food, electricity, and water were in short supplies making it also Humanitarian reason for case expedite. They approved my request in 5 days and my petition in 2 weeks time

I would like to know if there are any US citizens who have filed a petition for a k-1 visa for their fiance in Ukraine. My fiance and I are very nervous with the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. We are uncertain when we will be approved and everyday seems to be a ticking time bomb. We filed in May. Does anyone know if there is a way to expedite this process in such a time? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I've been waiting for 6 months. Even though we asked for expedition. If you fiance is not in Donetsk she /he must be pretty safe.

Timeline

Thang you so much for this info. I tried calling uscis today and it was all automated. Can you direct me to a phone number where I can talk to someone?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You can call USCIS and request expedite process over the phone. They will give you list of the options under which you would consider your situation to be eligible for expedite review. I called as my fiancee lives in eastern part of Ukraine and lost of income falls under financial hardship plus I have sent her money by westernunion, I also explained that current war was going all over around her and that food, electricity, and water were in short supplies making it also Humanitarian reason for case expedite. They approved my request in 5 days and my petition in 2 weeks time

How long after your NOA1 did you call to ask about the expedite?

Thank you!

Timeline

You have to listen to automated messages and wait for an option to speak with an agent

I waited 5 months to request expedite request, however if you think you have the case that is deserving of expedite review you should call immediately

Timeline

Thank you so much! I called and they are going to look into it. Apparently they are beefing up the military in Kiev. On her way to her mom's she passed like forty or so various heavily armed vehicles. This whole thing is very very unsettling.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancée is from Nikolaev, I'm hoping since our K1 was transferred from the TSC to CSC we will be processed within the next month. It is good to see some approvals already happening for other K1's that were just transferred to the CSC !

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes, it can be done. I know a couple who expedited their IV case based on Ukrainian conflict, but it was already at the NVC stage and their family is from Slavyansk and Donetsk. You can definitely request USCIS to expedite it. Send a service request through a tier 2 officer to the corresponding service center, you will receive your answer pretty soon. You have a good case here. Also try to do the same in the NVC stage, it might work.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No doubt events in the east would be cause for major worries. If its any consolation, just remember most of the process is handled here, not abroad, and everything there (medical, and interview) is handled in Kyiv. The east is the hot bed right now. Kyiv still functions as close to normal as possible. My wife had to navigate some of the perils of Maydan when it was at its worst. Embassy was still open everyday even with some protesters outside, not to mention what was happening in the city center.

To expedite...yes you can try, and some succeed, but its the government. Realize that for what its worth. Kyiv is ok. the US embassy is ok. This is all you need for visa process to be successful.

WIsh you the best, and God's speed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.