waka1

maxim #11... "stupid ex-wives"

42 posts in this topic

So that's what makes me feel special. First wife and hopefully the only wife/girlfriend/best friend/partner/companion/etc. Well, I'm confident enough to say this marriage will last a lifetime. He he just so grateful that a true blooded pinay like me(is that means JEALOUS?oh yeah), got to marry a man with no exs.

God bless to all our marriages. We all hope for the best and lifetime relationships.

Yeah, the wife loves to get ahold of my phone. :)

She loves to read this kind of thread. She realizes she's not alone in her feelings, she's a normal filipina. :)

Yeah, were kinda special. I'm 30, she'll be 26 this year, my first gf, her first real love, and neither of us have kids. Yet. ;)

I'm kinda glad I can't relate to y'all and the ex issues. Glad I got a good partner on the first try. :)

Edit:

No I'm not trying to brag. ;)

Edited by bendinlar

My fiancé just sent me a photo montage and in the corner of it was a generic list called, '15 ways to keep a good relationship'

I read them all, then tripped over maxim #11, "Don't talk about your stupid ex-wife". :o ....Question #11 seems more filipina than generic... :yes:

Well, in two weeks she will be moving into my house that my ex-wife and I designed and built. She and my (intelligent) ex-wife will inevitably meet at family gatherings at my daughters house, as my 'ex' is my granddaughter's step-mother.

My fiancé knows I am respectfully friendly with my 'ex', as I told her family gatherings need to be stress free for everyone sake. She agreed at the logic, but the enthusiasm wasn't there... :whistle:

I've always been good at sorting things out, but I smell potential trouble here.

Any one have some 'pearls of wisdom' on this subject ?

Thanks, Rob187

I can relate to that since my husband sees his ex wife on a very seldom bases. but even when they see each other because the x has kids with my hubby.. it didn't bother me at all.

First I would suggest..if u are in a family gatherings DONT talk about X,, then let ur wife now feel secure and give her more attention that way she would not feel alone .I never had issues with my hubby's x..though they seldom talk even on the phone. and btw... the house we bought after we got married was the house that my husband and x live together.. When we moved ..my hubby let me do and decorate what I wanted to in that house so it really did not bother me at all. he made me feel this is our new home.

Edited by danver

Filed: Timeline

First I would suggest..if u are in a family gatherings DONT talk about X,, then let ur wife now feel secure and give her more attention that way she would not feel alone .I never had issues with my hubby's x..though they seldom talk even on the phone. and btw... the house we bought after we got married was the house that my husband and x live together.. When we moved ..my hubby let me do and decorate what I wanted to in that house so it really did not bother me at all. he made me feel this is our new home.

Sounds like a winner :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I am filipina and my fiance had ex-wife and until now they are still communicating for the sake of their son. I've never been get jealous about it because I am very confident of myself that he loves me more than he loved any other woman. We both trust each other :)

Edited by mcr

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not what one would call a "mushy" guy, but when your Fiancee arrives.... let her be, let her do her nesting. Just smile and enjoy as any jealousy that shows is only fueled by her love for you. :)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.