decocker

Ferguson Feeds Off the Poor: Three Warrants a Year Per Household

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

my son's father got a simple possession charge in 2009. he's been paying fines related to that ever since. granted, he doesn't work regularly but in his defense (which i don't like to do) he lives with his parents in the middle of nowhere, his license was taken away so he can't drive to and from work when he does manage to pick up some. so..what does he do? takes his mom's car and drives anyway. for as much as he makes excuses, some of them are legitimate. plus, after you go a few years with no ability to handle any of your responsibilities - you get depressed you know? people get trapped in a vicious cycle.

He's better off just doing the time. Go live on their dime and eat their food. Then he can walk out a free man. There were a few times in my younger days where they wanted to give me probation and I turned it down. The judge and prosecutor were somewhat surprised by that. One time I did 4 Sunday nights in lieu of 2 years probation. Another time I spent a 4 day Thanksgiving weekend in the clink instead of 2 years probation. No point in doing life on the installment plan waiting for some probation officer to drop the hammer.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

He's better off just doing the time. Go live on their dime and eat their food. Then he can walk out a free man. There were a few times in my younger days where they wanted to give me probation and I turned it down. The judge and prosecutor were somewhat surprised by that. One time I did 4 Sunday nights in lieu of 2 years probation. Another time I spent a 4 day Thanksgiving weekend in the clink instead of 2 years probation. No point in doing life on the installment plan waiting for some probation officer to drop the hammer.

i don't know what his options were, and honestly there could be more to the story because he's not the most forthcoming with the truth. but all that aside, i think it's counterproductive to expect parole fee money/fines paid when you've taken away someone's license too.

Why? When I do, you don't read them. At least if I type my opinion, you are more likely to read it! :innocent:

so i don't read commentary from patriot or conservative tree house, etc. ad nauseum, sue me.

and don't feel too left out, no one reads my links either. it's almost like we're all just rattling on and on to hear the sound of our own typing.

Naw, not here. Folks here are not interested in facts.

I love facts(or lack thereof) in some cases.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://www.gofundme.com/SupportOfficerWilson

$235,000 raised and fund closed.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

http://www.gofundme.com/SupportOfficerWilson

$235,00 raised and fund closed.

I'd wager some folks here donated.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

zfx3vdnjqzrpxyic4xuq.png

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
Good Afternoon,

We (being the admins of the page) began this GoFundMe site after our Facebook page “Support Darren Wilson” grew and we saw that there was a need for an online donation site for those who wanted to donate. We set up this GoFundMe page and it quickly gained enormous support for Officer Darren Wilson. Then, once we located the local charitable foundation, Shield of Hope (a non-profit organization), that has been designated as the authorized charity for donations on behalf of Darren Wilson, we began working together to have a GoFundMe page set up to collect and disburse donations for Officer Wilson through the Charitable Foundation. Unfortunately, to do so requires us to end collection on the current page that you are viewing now. GoFundMe does not allow transfer of existing campaigns, even to charities. Please know that all funds received from our events, this GoFundMe site and our TeeSpring campaign will be donated to Officer Darren Wilson, and in the future, donations will still be donated to Officer Wilson, but will be tax deductible for donors as well. Shield of Hope is a Certified Charity on GoFundMe, is available via public search with GoFundMe, and has been designated by the IRS as a 501©(3) non-profit organization.

With the creation of a new page, the donation amount shown will initially reset to zero. Please do not confuse this with the current donation amounts received on this page. Shield of Hope has offered to post all funds received from this GoFundMe page, our TeeSpring page and our rally/t-shirt funds collected on the street on their site indicating they have received these funds from us, once we are able to send those funds to the Foundation. This will allow all of our supporters to confirm that funds collected on this page were sent to the correct place for Officer Darren Wilson.

We will continue to operate the “Support Darren Wilson” Facebook page and TeeSpring page independently. If there are any other changes, we will post updates via our Facebook page. We will also still be available for direct contact for any questions, clarification and t-shirt sales.

The Ferguson Police Department has requested that all donations that supporters may wish to mail be made payable to “Shield of Hope” and mailed to Shield of Hope, 9620 Lackland Rd., St. Louis MO 63114.

New GoFundMe site through Shield of Hope:https://www.gofundme.com/OfficerWilsonFundraiser

Mailing Address for All Mail in Donations:
Shield of Hope
9620 Lackland Road
St. Louis, MO 63114
Phone Number: 314-423-8003

Contact E-mail Regarding T-shirts and questions about the original GoFundMe page: istand4darren@gmail.com

Shield of Hope PayPal link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=35A4G6STMS3KW

As a group, "Support Darren Wilson" is comprised of many people who want to give others the opportunity to support Officer Darren Wilson during this time. Some of us have never met Officer Darren Wilson while others are close family friends or even family themselves. The funds collected through GoFundMe and through TeeSpring along with our fundraisers on the ground will be going directly to Officer Darren Wilson through the non-profit Shield of Hope. These funds will be used to cover potential legal fees, relocation and living expenses of both Officer Darren Wilson and his immediate family.

We truly hope that everyone who has donated understands the transition. If not, please reach out to us. We do not want this to become a hindrance of the support Officer Darren Wilson is receiving.

Thank you for your understanding. We truly appreciate your time, efforts, prayers, kind words and donations. It means more than you could possibly know.

God Bless