Kdw87

I-129F / K1,, RFE a second time??

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

This may sound stupid, after reading all the reply's and then reading your last answer. I just wonder on proof of meeting did you send any pictures of the two of you together with dates on them? You sent in a lot of things showing you were possibly in the same area but without a picture the clerk at USCIS has no idea if you met or not.

And you really do not need a lawyer to do this paper work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Unfortunately no pictures from when we first met, pictures since then though none are dated, can't imagine many people use cameras anymore let alone date stamped cameras, it's all on our phones. We hired an attorney just to make sure everything goes right and to be honest, nothing is!

Not having any pictures was not the reason you were issued an RFE. Pictures are not required evidence, and they are only secondary evidence of meeting. From what you indicated earlier, you did include proof of meeting, which I'm betting was lost and now they are just asking you to resubmit it.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

Not having any pictures was not the reason you were issued an RFE. Pictures are not required evidence, and they are only secondary evidence of meeting. From what you indicated earlier, you did include proof of meeting, which I'm betting was lost and now they are just asking you to resubmit it.

If its the same request im going to really be annoyed, and he will definitely be getting an email from me lol

What did you do to get them to explain and approve? Thanks, need all the luck we can get!

A lawyer contacted them and proved to them they had the right document, so when they realized their mistake they sent us off to NVC within a week. Now we seem to be stuck in NVC's workload, but that is a different story. Hope you soon find out what the RFE is about so you and your lawyer can start working on it. Best of Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Unfortunately no pictures from when we first met, pictures since then though none are dated, can't imagine many people use cameras anymore let alone date stamped cameras, it's all on our phones. We hired an attorney just to make sure everything goes right and to be honest, nothing is!

Really what you have provided is great evidence of you being there... passport stamps and boarding passes (proving you actually did travel) are excellent and you have all of that.. Photos together are good but anything with his name (credit card or any other receipts showing he paid for items at that same location) are all good. Wait till you get the new request. Speculation is exhausting and stressful. You sound like you know what you're doing.. All the best and double check back here if you need to...

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

Thanks guys that's really nice of you all to guide me! We did send his hotel bill/receipt off too so hopefully there was enough. Maybe like someone earlier said, things may have been lost or misplaced and new copies need sending

Timeline

So turns out the uscis just wanted a written letter to say in which state we intend to marry. Looks like they are being wacky! As that info was definitely included!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So the case status has been updated online and again says a decision will be made within 60 days, does it usually take the full 60 days? What happens after this decision, does it take much longer till I get the visa in hand?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.