Kdw87

I-129F / K1,, RFE a second time??

54 posts in this topic

What was asked for was already included to my knowledge, which he then proceeded to point out to them. The status went from RFE to processing within a few days, so regardless of what you deem super quick, that was fast enough for me :)

Even if you include everything that is required, stuff can still get lost or misplaced on the way. All your lawyer did was point out that the original submission had everything submitted. It did not change the fact that your file, which is sitting on the desk of your adjudicator, is missing something.

If it was dealt with super fast, you would have been approved already. Quick status changes online don't mean anything.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Even if you include everything that is required, stuff can still get lost or misplaced on the way. All your lawyer did was point out that the original submission had everything submitted. It did not change the fact that your file, which is sitting on the desk of your adjudicator, is missing something.

If it was dealt with super fast, you would have been approved already. Quick status changes online don't mean anything.

I just wouldn't have thought that an adjudicator would change the status of my case for no reason? If they hadn't received the info then I just assumed they wouldn't change the case status?

Timeline

If something has genuinely been lost I guess I'll cover my back when this RFE arrives to say what's missing and send a replacement. Hopefully it's something small, iv worried that our proof of meeting is weak, but what can we possibly do? I mean other than pictures which we don't have, it's hard to give solid proof of meeting someone. Best we could do was provide evidence that we were in the same place at the same time and proved sworn affadavits that were notarised.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What was asked for was already included to my knowledge, which he then proceeded to point out to them. The status went from RFE to processing within a few days, so regardless of what you deem super quick, that was fast enough for me :)

Typically you just send in the same information again. USCIS doesn't like to be told they already have what they are requesting. It doesn't sound like your attorney has much experience dealing with USCIS. When I got my RFE, we re-submitted some things that were originally submitted as well as some other things to make sure everything was covered. Our petition was approved a few days after they received our response to the RFE.

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If something has genuinely been lost I guess I'll cover my back when this RFE arrives to say what's missing and send a replacement. Hopefully it's something small, iv worried that our proof of meeting is weak, but what can we possibly do? I mean other than pictures which we don't have, it's hard to give solid proof of meeting someone. Best we could do was provide evidence that we were in the same place at the same time and proved sworn affadavits that were notarised.

For our RFE, as I mentioned previously, we resubmitted some stuff as well as some new stuff, including notarized affidavits explaining the circumstances of how we met. We provided two affidavits, one written by me, and notarized, and the other written by fiancee, also notarized and she had to send the original document to me (which took awhile *sigh*)...

Just wondering, did you both provide original, notarized affidavits?

K-1 Visa

**AOS**

09/03/2014 AOS packet (I-485, I-765, I-131) delivered to Chicago lockbox

09/08/2014 NOA1 received for AOS, EAD, AP

10/01/2014 Biometrics

11/04/2014 I-485: Status changed to Testing and Interview

11/12/2014 EAD & AP Approved, combo card in production

11/22/2014 EAD/AP Combo card received

02/04/2015 AOS Interview - approved! Card in production

02/12/2015 Card received!

Timeline

Typically you just send in the same information again. USCIS doesn't like to be told they already have what they are requesting. It doesn't sound like your attorney has much experience dealing with USCIS. When I got my RFE, we re-submitted some things that were originally submitted as well as some other things to make sure everything was covered. Our petition was approved a few days after they received our response to the RFE.

I will demand this time round that anything they ask for is resubmitted. Really don't want to chance it. Really peeved that it could have been approved by now :-/ oh and yes we both provided notarised affadavits. I still have an original duplicate as I got two just incase. Edited by Kdw87

Yes, having two RFEs is possible, but I don't know how common it is. Happened to us even though we didn't miss to include anything in the first place, so the fault is not always of those applying. Called them and told them they already have what ask for and they said it is not uncommon for them to ask for the same documents again (?!). We responded quickly and waited patiently and when the 60 days after the second RFE almost was up we got help and the same day they confronted/explained what was wrong they approved us and our case was sent over quickly to NVC... But still they wasted four months of our time as they should have approved us in February instead of giving us RFEs, so I know exactly what you mean by the delays getting to you. So wish we had asked for help earlier so maybe we would have been further ahead in the process now. You already have a lawyer so get him/her to work so you don't get unnecessary delays whether you missed something or not. Good Luck to you!

You don't need to show proof that you both dined at the same restaurant at the same time or anything. You need third-party proof that you were in the US, or he was in the UK, or you were both in a third country.

So affidavits, letters, photos, etc, don't have a date on them from a third party, and don;t help. You need things like boarding passes, receipts, stamps in your passport. I saw you at least had some boarding passes, so I would focus on that. Itineraries or tickets booked don't prove you went on the plane. Stamps in the passport are also good. A visa, not as much, because the date range is large and doesn't when you used it.

How were you working in the US when you had a student visa? OPT?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

We both provided notarised affadavits for the initial application so that should have covered anything needing signatures in regards to detailing how we met, and unfortunately we didn't take any photographs during out initial time together. We did send copies of emails from that period though. We have since spent time together in London and have plenty of pictures of that, but this was after the application was made. If I make it as far as an interview I guess I could take those with me along with other things like phone records, ticket stubs and the like

Your lack of pictures together in your petition is probably the hangup. I would go ahead and send the pictures you have now, accurately dated and identified. Even though taken after the petition was submitted, it might be enough for them to go ahead and approve based on your other evidences.

Edited by Mike&Lin

Michael S. Richardson, TX

09 July 2014: I-129F Sent USPS Express Mail

10 July 2014: I-129F USPS Delivery Confirmation

15 July 2014: I-129F NOA1, Alien Registration Number Changed

06 Aug 2014: I-129F Petition Approved!!!! Totally freaking unexpected, but one hell of a birthday present for ME!!!!!!!

08 Aug 2014: I-129F USCIS NOA2 Hardcopy received

11 Aug 2014: I-129F Notice that petition has been shipped to the Department of State

20 Aug 2014: SGP Case number assigned at NVC

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - In Transit

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - Ready

03 Sep 2014: Packet 3 Received

25 Nov 2014: Hong Kong finally sent the CNCC to the US Embassy in Singapore

28 Nov 2014: Mailed packet 3 checklist back to Embassy

01 Dec 2014: Checklist received by Embassy

03 Dec 2014: My fiancee completed her medical and vaccinations

05 Dec 2014: Packet 4 Received

23 Dec 2014: Interview, received request for additional documentation (Singapore Marriage Registry doc)

05 Jan 2015: VISA ISSUED!!!!!

06 Jan 2015: Visa Recieved

23 Feb 2015: POE Honolulu!!!!

11 Mar 2015: Wedding Day!!!!

16 Mar 2015: Applied for Social Security Card in married name

AOS

17 Mar 2015: Mailed (Express mail) AOS, EAD and AP package

18 Mar 2015: USPS delivery notification for AOS package

09 Apr 2015: Received e-notice of RFE

16 Apr 2015: Received mailed RFE letter (needed employment/income verification)

18 Apr 2015: Received Biometrics appt letter, scheduled for 28 Apr

20 Apr 2015: RFE response delivered

22 Apr 2015: Status changed to RFE Response received (decision or case update by June 21)

11 May 2015: EAD/AP Approval, Card being produced notification

15 May 2015: EAD/AP Card was mailed

16 May 2015: EAD/AP card delivered

25 May 2015: EAD/AP card in hand

22 June 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver issued

02 Sep 2015: Notice of RFE 2 mailed

25 Sep 2015: Text/Email notice of approval, status update online

02 Oct 2015: Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

27 Jun 2017: Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

Photos are not a requirement and do not show that a person met in a specific time, just that they met.

I have never submitted photos of us together to USCIS. Not required.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I sent copies of my passport pages showing dates travelled and plane tickets, boarding passes and dates pay cheques from my US job. I was on a j1 visa. I'll wait to see what this second RFE is for and ask my lawyer to call them to clear anything up if need be.

Timeline

Yes, having two RFEs is possible, but I don't know how common it is. Happened to us even though we didn't miss to include anything in the first place, so the fault is not always of those applying. Called them and told them they already have what ask for and they said it is not uncommon for them to ask for the same documents again (?!). We responded quickly and waited patiently and when the 60 days after the second RFE almost was up we got help and the same day they confronted/explained what was wrong they approved us and our case was sent over quickly to NVC... But still they wasted four months of our time as they should have approved us in February instead of giving us RFEs, so I know exactly what you mean by the delays getting to you. So wish we had asked for help earlier so maybe we would have been further ahead in the process now. You already have a lawyer so get him/her to work so you don't get unnecessary delays whether you missed something or not. Good Luck to you!

What did you do to get them to explain and approve? Thanks, need all the luck we can get!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Harpa is exactly right! Lawyer, not doing his job..,.,.,.,.,AS..,..,.so maany immigration attorneys do not do their jobs, just give them your money.,.,.,.,..,.

I would trust this info. on this site first and only if I had a "significant" problem would I consider and attorney.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The first RFE was for evidence if our meeting. I was working in the USA at the time and I sent pay cheques from the place I worked and copies of the student visa from my passport and plane tickets/ boarding passes to place me at the same place and time as my fiancé. He provided hotel bills and we both had affadavits to say how and when we met. I hoped that was sufficient?

You mentioned everything but photos, did you include photos of you and fiancé as you traveled from place to place together? They may just want to see photos of a happy couple.

Edited by Six-Twelve

I sent no photos for anything, not K1 not AoS, I don't feel they are important. The sort of stuff we sent was boarding passes, restaurant reservations made online and then credit card receipts with our names on them, hotel reservations, flights when we went on holiday together. Photos are not good evidence in my view, who knows when they were taken and where, and of who come to that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.