Kdw87

I-129F / K1,, RFE a second time??

54 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm confused; how did you go from not knowing what the first RFE was for to knowing in the span of like, 5 minutes?

How did your lawyer respond to the first RFE? What additional information was provided? How could your lawyer respond without getting necessary data from you and your fiancé?

No, it is uncommon to get two RFEs. Usually if the first is not sufficient, then they deny. There is a very small chance it is for something else, but I bet it's for the same thing and the lawyer did not respond properly.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm confused; how did you go from not knowing what the first RFE was for to knowing in the span of like, 5 minutes?

How did your lawyer respond to the first RFE? What additional information was provided? How could your lawyer respond without getting necessary data from you and your fiancé?

He responded by detailing how we met and when, and highlighted to them the evidence already submitted. As for not knowing to then knowing the reason for the first RFE, I emailed him and he replied, its like regular mail, only quicker :P

I just read this as a lawyer who is trying to cover his ### and put blame on others, all while risking your application and making you think you need the lawyer for his/her special inside knowledge. USCIS doesn't give out "wacky" RFEs. They give them when stuff is missing.

The lawyer just delayed your case for no reason because s/he wouldn't wait for the RFE letter to see what it is. Now it is coming again, you could have been in this position weeks ago.

Furthermore, had you replied to the first RFE then you would be approved by now. The RFE stage is also the adjudication stage - they went to approve you, but something was missing.

Oh no! Not about incompetent lawyer again.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Oh no! Not about incompetent lawyer again.

Are you saying I talk about incompetent lawyers too much? :) I do admit, it annoys me, the lying, the predatory nature, and the way they get their clients to defend them when they mess up.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Are you saying I talk about incompetent lawyers too much? :) I do admit, it annoys me, the lying, the predatory nature, and the way they get their clients to defend them when they mess up.

It would be mean of me to jump so quickly to call him incompetent, his communication has been great so far and the first RFE was dealt with super quick.

It would be mean of me to jump so quickly to call him incompetent, his communication has been great so far and the first RFE was dealt with super quick.

I know, but if he had dealt with it properly you wouldn't have gotten a second one.

AOS for my husband

ROC:

It annoys me too and thank you for brought it up because the last time I complained about that then I got attacked, :rofl: . At least you saved me from posted the comment about incompetent lawyer. :idea:

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

If you are talking about calling USCIS as dealing with the RFE instead of actually sending back what was asked, your lawyer never dealt with the RFE...and I hardly call it super quick.

This is probably why you still have an RFE.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Did your lawyer get your signatures on those statements of how you met? How is your lawyer pulling that together, rather than having it be in your own words? Did he show you what additional information was asked for in the RFE, and collect it from you? While there are circumstances where documentation, forms, evidence is lost, most of the time, the RFEs are asking for things that were not included the first time.

Unless your fiancé worked with the lawyer and nothing was deemed necessary from you, it seems highly unlikely that your lawyer was able to properly respond to the initial RFE.

...which is probably why you're getting another one.

Advice: demand to see the actual letters sent to you for both RFEs.

All of the evidence you listed earlier only proves you were in the same city/country at the same time. Did you submit photographs of both of you together? This may be what they're looking for if you haven't already provided it.

Michael S. Richardson, TX

09 July 2014: I-129F Sent USPS Express Mail

10 July 2014: I-129F USPS Delivery Confirmation

15 July 2014: I-129F NOA1, Alien Registration Number Changed

06 Aug 2014: I-129F Petition Approved!!!! Totally freaking unexpected, but one hell of a birthday present for ME!!!!!!!

08 Aug 2014: I-129F USCIS NOA2 Hardcopy received

11 Aug 2014: I-129F Notice that petition has been shipped to the Department of State

20 Aug 2014: SGP Case number assigned at NVC

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - In Transit

22 Aug 2014: CEAC Status - Ready

03 Sep 2014: Packet 3 Received

25 Nov 2014: Hong Kong finally sent the CNCC to the US Embassy in Singapore

28 Nov 2014: Mailed packet 3 checklist back to Embassy

01 Dec 2014: Checklist received by Embassy

03 Dec 2014: My fiancee completed her medical and vaccinations

05 Dec 2014: Packet 4 Received

23 Dec 2014: Interview, received request for additional documentation (Singapore Marriage Registry doc)

05 Jan 2015: VISA ISSUED!!!!!

06 Jan 2015: Visa Recieved

23 Feb 2015: POE Honolulu!!!!

11 Mar 2015: Wedding Day!!!!

16 Mar 2015: Applied for Social Security Card in married name

AOS

17 Mar 2015: Mailed (Express mail) AOS, EAD and AP package

18 Mar 2015: USPS delivery notification for AOS package

09 Apr 2015: Received e-notice of RFE

16 Apr 2015: Received mailed RFE letter (needed employment/income verification)

18 Apr 2015: Received Biometrics appt letter, scheduled for 28 Apr

20 Apr 2015: RFE response delivered

22 Apr 2015: Status changed to RFE Response received (decision or case update by June 21)

11 May 2015: EAD/AP Approval, Card being produced notification

15 May 2015: EAD/AP Card was mailed

16 May 2015: EAD/AP card delivered

25 May 2015: EAD/AP card in hand

22 June 2015: Notice of Potential Interview Waiver issued

02 Sep 2015: Notice of RFE 2 mailed

25 Sep 2015: Text/Email notice of approval, status update online

02 Oct 2015: Greencard received

Removal of Conditions

27 Jun 2017: Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

Timeline

If you are talking about calling USCIS as dealing with the RFE instead of actually sending back what was asked, your lawyer never dealt with the RFE...and I hardly call it super quick.

This is probably why you still have an RFE.

What was asked for was already included to my knowledge, which he then proceeded to point out to them. The status went from RFE to processing within a few days, so regardless of what you deem super quick, that was fast enough for me :)

Timeline

Did your lawyer get your signatures on those statements of how you met? How is your lawyer pulling that together, rather than having it be in your own words? Did he show you what additional information was asked for in the RFE, and collect it from you? While there are circumstances where documentation, forms, evidence is lost, most of the time, the RFEs are asking for things that were not included the first time.

Unless your fiancé worked with the lawyer and nothing was deemed necessary from you, it seems highly unlikely that your lawyer was able to properly respond to the initial RFE.

...which is probably why you're getting another one.

Advice: demand to see the actual letters sent to you for both RFEs.

We both provided notarised affadavits for the initial application so that should have covered anything needing signatures in regards to detailing how we met, and unfortunately we didn't take any photographs during out initial time together. We did send copies of emails from that period though. We have since spent time together in London and have plenty of pictures of that, but this was after the application was made. If I make it as far as an interview I guess I could take those with me along with other things like phone records, ticket stubs and the like Edited by Kdw87

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.