24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Yes, if the letter you got from them about the 60 days has your documents being receive July 10 then your 60 days should be up by Sept 10th or sooner. There is another forum here on VJ that shows people getting stuff approve or check list from nvc over stuff nvc got between July 9th and 11th so you should hear something soon. ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That's exactly the time frame and information I was looking for to compare to! Thank you Adar1982! I almost ALWAYS get stuff approved and notified by e-mail exclusively on Fridays for some reason... So maybe I will get some good new this Friday, or next! Fingers crossed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

60 BUSINESS days... Another words, 60 days, NOT counting weekends. It's what they do on all other documents usually, or tell me. So 30 business days is 6 weeks. 60 business days is about 3 months... I feel like they were just rude a-holes the last 2 days. Just curious how close other people were, or how long they actually waited. If it's actually 60 days, still want to shoot myself, but still better then 3 months!

When I called they told me to wait 60 days, not 60 business day. Even the lady on the phone corrected herself.

Timeline

#######...? That status of my AOS fee now says "N/A" instead of "Paid"... I am suspecting odd movements on my case means activity and maybe someone is on my case now? Statuses are known for going haywire when activity is happening, or something is about to happen.

Timeline

Conclusion is, its 60 CALENDAR days from moment of them receiving the papers. Day 52... Approved, and sent to Embassy for interview. Don't worry! And by the way, the status of your fees being paid will switch from "Paid" to "N/A" on some stuff or other statuses going haywire all of a sudden, and then when that happens, CALL THEM, because there is a good chance it got approved, and passed on to the embassy for the interview... My thoughts of someone playing around with my case or even touching it, was exactly that. There is a few day delay getting the e-mail they told me when I called today. But they told me the interview date and everything. October 14. WHOO HOO!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

This all seems really kind of ridiculous, not to mention the hurt it is causing us and loved ones. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of a government to grant access to someone(s) we love. In actuality, this is not 60 days from receipt of NAO2 instructions by the NVC (or number generated by the NVC) extending to embassy interview which appears the NVC would like you to compare to its past performance. The NVC I believe is portraying it 30 days more than the prior average when the timing is more like 4-5 months. It appears the folks on the board are considering days from the package receipt to an interview being set up as the 60 days, which apparently is how long it is taking. When I went through the process 4 years ago with my wife it was about 45 days from beginning to end. Unfortunately it appears this is something we got to suck up as far as more time, and quite Frankly, the NVC was supposed to be the easy part, and I was truly taken back when the 60 day letter was received, despite a genuine effort and knowing that we are dealing with the USA. Where it should not take 5 months to look at a couple pieces of paper, especially after it took 7 months to year to look at the same stuff prior! I would love anyone to debate the current timing based on the input of others to show it to be less, less time would certainly help make my family feel better and I am sure a whole bunch of other folks going through the same!

7/19/2010 NOA1

12/13/2010 NOA2 Document Received

12/27/2010 Embassy e-mail Package 3.5 received

01/31/2011 Embassy Interview Date

01/31/2011 K1 Visa Approved 6 months, 1 week, & 4 days from NAO1

02/26/2011 In the US

05/26/2011 Married!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.