OriZ

"Stop blaming Israel and wake up: The black flag of jihad is the REAL threat to the world"

293 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: Timeline

Same thing happening in the West Bank and Gaza today. They seize land piece-by-piece, evict the Palestinian inhabitants, colonize it with Jewish Israelis, and then announce it's part of the State of Israel. They want the land, but without the people who lived on it.

I agree.

They want the land, cause - according to them - it's THEIR land, since it was promised to them by God.

And that gives them an absolution of cleaning the land of its inhabitants.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I agree.

They want the land, cause - according to them - it's THEIR land, since it was promised to them by God.

And that gives them an absolution of cleaning the land of its inhabitants.

Seems God promised them the rainwater also.

Under the Israeli Water Law of 1959, all water resources in the region became the

property of the state of Israel. The drilling of wells and pools was prohibited in the

mid-1970s. Lake Ram, which collects 2-3 million m3 of water per year and was used

for livestock and local irrigation, was confiscated around the same time, and the water

piped to Jewish settlements

Fearful of further restrictions, the local Syrian farmers erected iron tanks in their apple

orchards as a way of accessing water. The Israeli authorities banned the construction

of these tanks between 1983 and 1985. Consequently heavy fines were imposed on

the farmers and several of the tanks destroyed on grounds that all water resources,

even rainwater, belonged to the state.

You think we have a right to judge and condemn these people for fighting?

Your propaganda has a storage area right behind you.

Gooooo Israel!!!!

I stand with thee.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Hamas is the Palestinian people's worst enemy.

The Erez border crossing on the border of northern Gaza is the only legal portal for people to travel between Israel and the embargoed Strip. Despite continued rocket fire and IDF attacks over the past several weeks, the Erez border crossing has remained open 24/7, allowing Palestinians with special passes to enter Israel for humanitarian reasons including for medical treatment.

"Sick and wounded Palestinians, including some children, try to come into Israel to receive medical treatment and Hamas fires on them," said the manager of the Erez crossing Shlomo Tzaban, referring to instances in which Hamas rockets were fired on the border crossing.

55373345930100490310no.jpg
Attempting to reach Israel (Photo: Assaf Kamer)

Managing a border crossing between two enemies during a war is no easy task. Workers at the Erez crossing put their lives in danger, under fire from Gaza in order to help the Strip's residents. It's an exceptional situation that creates confusion and anger from those watching from the sidelines.

Related stories:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4564025,00.html

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

Filed: Other Timeline

This was bad a_s_s. Watch 15 rockets fired by Ha_hide-behind-women-and-children-MAS blown from the sky. The only thing missing is the video footage of the "reply-to-all" message sent by Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9UhLt_J0g

Edited by ExExpat

Timeline

This was bad a_s_s. Watch 15 rockets fired by Ha_hide-behind-women-and-children-MAS blown from the sky. The only thing missing is the video footage of the "reply-to-all" message sent by Israel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e9UhLt_J0g

Looks like friggin' UFOs...lol...I like Hamas' new name

Timeline

Anyone thinking that boycotting Israel is going to help anything does not understand the reality of the Middle East. It might make some people feel better inside, but it's not going to improve the situation on either side. All it's going to do is create more antagonism in Israel cause when Israelis feel like they are with their backs against the wall and everyone is turning against them yet again 70 years later, they only tend to dig their heels in deeper. So those people are clueless and lack understanding of how to actually improve the situation and not just get "revenge". What would be more productive is to encourage both sides to reach a deal, cause Israel can not, should not and will not ever withdraw unilaterally. You need to encourage the other side to first acknowledge Israel's right to exist, which, contrary to what some may claim, has not yet happened. Boycotting will never be productive.

So it's a failed policy and been proven as such for a very long time now, and not only because it just doesn't work and will never achieve the goal it is designed to achieve which is pressure Israel, but also cause it is simply impractical. Almost every person in the world pretty much uses at least 1 thing that was either developed, researched or made in Israel every single day, whether it be an invention in the field of technology, agriculture, medicine or other areas. So they can keep trying to boycott academia(a stupid mistake in and of itself) or fruits and vegetables, but unless they go live in a cave they can't really "boycott Israel". So it's a double failure, first it's impossible to do, and second instead of encouraging Israelis it only discourages them and creates antagonism. A different, more wise approach where they would actually try to converse with Israel eye to eye, try to understand its fears and reasonings, and try to come up with a solution that would satisfy those, would be much better for all involved.

xapi09.jpg

As far as Breaking The Silence goes, they are maybe several hundred soldiers out of hundreds of thousands that have served in the West Bank and Gaza. So, it's not even 0.1%. But, in a democratic society everyone is allowed to have their opinion and their point of view and they sure have theirs, and that's ok - they tell one side of the story, which has two sides. It is not their job to tell the other side, that's the job of Palestinians on that side, and many of them do, probably also about 0.1% - the others are afraid to. It's important to remember that.
Occupation can be very corruptive. I've said it in the past a million times and I will say it again - there are actions that happen that are disturbing. It is the exception to the rule, but it happens. And that's cause occupation corrupts, and most Israelis acknowledge that and do not want long term occupation. However, occupation cannot end till the other side acknowledges your right to exist. Cause unless it is done with the proper security arrangements - which so far they do not agree to - you are going back to indefensible borders and setting yourself up to get attacked again, and that cannot be allowed to happen.
Unfortunately, it has turned into a huge part of the propaganda by those who wish to bash Israel, which was definitely not their original intention. Even still, I'm pretty sure that while far from perfect - the IDF is probably the most moral army in the region if not the world. No experience of any other modern army of any western country in recent decades in different conflicts was any better, don't take my word for it - plenty of military experts say it. But yet again Israel is being held to different standards - it's damned if you do damned if you don't. Claiming or trying to portray the IDF as the New SS is nothing short of antisemitic, yes, I said it, how rude of me to say it, think about it - how is taking a victim for thousands of years, turning it into the aggressor, mitigating what has been done to it by comparing it to what it is doing even though it is nothing alike - how is that not hateful? At the very least it is ignorant at best.
But there again, we have the famous 3 D's of the pro Palestinian propaganda - Distract, Divert, Distort.
The IDF spokesman said in response: Breaking the Silence organization was asked in the past and present to present evidence and arguments to the IDF that it collected about the army's operations, before publishing them to the public in order to be examined and treated. In practice, the organization chooses not to transmit any material collected by it. It is understood that this conduct of the organization does not allow the IDF in general, and in particular military law enforcement personnel, handle the events raised immediately and in an ongoing fashion.
Accumulating evidence for a prolonged time and the organization's refusal to contact the authorities about these claims or allow the transfer of reference to the claims on their merits, unfortunately indicates that the organization has no intention to work for correcting the distortions that they reveal, apparently, and this we can not but regret. The IDF called in the past and even today on the organization to contact the relevant officials in the IDF immediately upon receipt of complaints and evidence that raise suspicion of improper conduct or offenses, to allow the IDF to look into the events as quickly as possible. IDF is obligated to check references thoroughly in the spirit of the IDF and its procedures.
Their criticism is indeed a very one-sided one. There is a cause and result-reason, and I have no doubt that some of the non-justified cases "of alleged brutality and cruelty" came as a result of similar actions and far worse from the other side, but they don't mention those. Soldiers are people too, and sometimes succumb to vengeance. Should not be that way, but that's how it is. If you see the same people a week before dancing in the streets and praising "a martyr" for exploding, and murdering innocent people, don't be surprised if that same soldier then feels the need to "abuse" those same people a little. There are incidents of rock and molotv cocktail throwing almost daily, in which people have been injured and killed, but most people never even hear about that. To them - everything that settlers and soldiers do happens in complete vacuum. Hell, just two days ago an Israeli civilian was seriously wounded when their car rolled over after rocks and bricks were hauled at it. So, rocks can kill. Some of those throwing them are "minors" - which are then portrayed so innocently - and even worse, the murderers of the Fogel family were a 17 and an 18 year old. What those "innocent children" did was murder a family of five in their beds - the parents, their 11 year old son, 4 year old son and their daughter, a 3 month old infant. So tell me some more about how the IDF abuses innocent children.
IDF Spokesman claimed that much of the evidence is based on rumors and hearsay. In Most cases the evidence is anonymous missing identifying information such as rank, first letter of the name, regiment, date and place, "and therefore an individual examination can not be made that would enable an investigation, confirmation or refutation of things. "
In response to these allegations the organization came out in 2011, with videos which exposed the soldier's full name, face exposed and grade. However, most of the cases are still reported anonymously.
The Association for NGO Responsibility (NGO Monitor) argued that "[...] The problem with the report is one-sided impression of situations. It ignores the efforts made by the army to warn Palestinian civilians from attacks in order to protect life. "Monitor NGO spokesman said on the book "occupation": "The vast majority of the evidence is from a time in which the suicide bombings were commonplace (from 183 witnesses, 143 are from the years 2000 to 2005). Dilemmas of fighting terror in the civilian population, the difficulty of finding the appropriate balance between the Palestinian way of life and the protection of Israeli citizens, and the stress and tension that the soldiers were in all the time, is almost never mentioned.
" According to IDF spokesman: "IDF soldiers acted according to the laws of armed conflict and international regulations, despite the complexity of fighting [...] the decision of Breaking the Silence to collect evidence in this way, and this type creates the sense that the organization is not really interested in the existence of reliable and comprehensive examination with respect to its claims.
"Amos Harel wrote in the Haaretz newspaper that the organization's members have a "clear political agenda, that the title" human rights organization does not quite cover. Those who describe it on their own website the "corruption in the military, due to service in the territories", cannot be a neutral observer"
According to NGO Monitor spokesman the book is based on sweeping allegations based on unfounded anecdotal descriptions that did not pertain to the IDF's policy makers. " Soldiers reported to their superiors alleged incidents in 16 out of 183 testimonies in the book, which emphasizes even more questions about the credibility and motives of the witnesses "[...]" alleged misconduct [...] rarely amounts to more than complaints of petty harassment and violations.
"Also other evidence is of misleading headings (eg testimony stating the encounter with the ambulance that" there were terrorists in the ambulance ", the title was" fired on an ambulance with a heavy machine gun "- which alludes to the alleged war crimes). In addition, "most of the evidence is at the height of Palestinian suicide terrorism against Israeli citizens (2000-2005) and are grouped together with the recent incidents. The failure to distinguish between them or analyze the different contexts of Israeli defense policy over the past decade, more-that reflects the ideological and political goals of "Breaking the Silence", which is hidden behind the rhetoric of morality and international law.

Timeline

The following is a letter written by Jonathan, a 24-year-old who grew up in suburban Maryland, to his family. He is currently in Israel serving in the Israeli Defense Forces as a sergeant in the Givati Brigade. He is one of hundreds of American volunteer soldiers known as “lone soldiers.” His unit has served in Gaza during Operation Protective Edge.

August 9th, 2014

I’ve wanted to write this since I left Gaza.

Since I came out of Gaza I have stopped reading the international news. Some say we act disproportionately and with disregard for Gazan civilian life, and some outright say we are monsters and commit genocide.

I want to explain what the IDF is as I know it. Two months ago I was having breakfast at a family friend’s house when I got a text telling me to come back to base as soon as possible. I returned to base on the other side of the country within a couple of hours to receive orders. We were on high alert on the Gaza border. Hamas had started shooting rockets again and were threatening terror attacks within Israel. Around me were soldiers from all walks of life: secular Tel Avivians, Ethiopians, Kibbutzinks, religious Jews from the West Bank, Americans, and city kids from Jerusalem. As we spent weeks guarding the Gaza border with Israel we received donations of food, clothing, and toiletries from Israelis and Jews all around the world. The donations poured in and the support letters and children’s drawings we received made us smile.

As the weeks continued and the rocket fire worsened we prepared for a ground operation. After not seeing home for over a month, we entered Gaza with the mission to destroy the elaborate tunnel infrastructure Hamas had built to infiltrate Israel and carry out attacks on settlements in Southern Israel. We would have rather been home with family and friends like normal kids our age in other countries; eating Mom’s cooking, playing guitar, going out to a bar with friends, spending a day on the beach. None of us wanted war, but when Israel was under attack we were proud to be able to defend the country we love.

Once in Gaza we were met with deserted villages, booby-trapped with explosives.

The first week we did not see a single soul, only the traps they had left for us. We slept in an empty house and made the place into a fort. The commanders gave orders to do what we needed to make the house safe but nothing more. We were warned not to take anything from the house. Thirty of us slept in one room in a house. I felt uncomfortable sleeping in a stranger’s house but I understood the circumstances. The owner had chickens in his yard and a fish tank in the house. One of the soldiers made it a point to feed the chickens the three days that we were there. An officer would feed the fish daily. One day another soldier came to feed the fish about half an hour after the officer, not realizing they had already been well fed for the day. I let him know and he went on to his post to guard. My friends talked about how worried their mothers were and what they were going to eat when they got out.

During our downtime we drew pictures on a piece of paper we found.

One day a few Palestinian men tried to come to the house where we were posted. It was the owner of the house and seven of his sons and nephews. We took them inside and talked with them. One of the sons was affiliated with Hamas and was sent to interrogation but the father seemed to be an innocent man. He said it was hard to keep track of what all of his children were up to. He said before relations between Gaza and Israel went bad he used to work in Israel in Petah Tikvah. He said he used to make good money and from that was able to afford the nice house. He talked about a hummus restaurant in Petah Tikvah and my commanders agreed with him that it was the best hummus in the area. He mentioned a shakshuka restaurant in that area as well that we didn’t recognize but he said we had to try when we went back home.

A couple days later we spotted a Palestinian teenager walking close to the neighborhood, a place where the Gazans were warned to leave days earlier. Our company commander went out with three other men to take him in and interrogate him. Our commander played the tough guy, and, using the little bit of Arabic he knew, tried to get information out of the teenager. After a few minutes it was clear the teenager did not have any information. He was looking for food for his family who was in the next neighborhood over and was hungry. The company commander sent his radio control operator into the house. He gathered the food supply intended for the 30 soldiers for the rest of the day and put it into a cardboard box, including cans of olives, corn, chickpeas, beans, and tuna. On his way back to the commander he passed the front gatepost. I was on duty with a man named Hadar. We had just opened a pack of gummy worms we had gotten from a donation of sweets from Israel. We put the gummy worms in the cardboard box for him to carry out with him. The commander gave the teenager the box and sent him home. As we sat in the house later in the day munching on bread, the company commander reassured us we’d have a resupply in 12 hours.

A few days later, an hour after a ceasefire came into effect, the company commander Benaya Sarel, his radio operator Liel Gidony, and Hadar Goldin were killed in an ambush by a suicide bomber who came out of a hidden tunnel exit. Our battalion commander says that we are a nation that loves life and are fighting an enemy that loves death.

I want to apologize to the innocent Gazans whose houses were left a mess by IDF units, and apologize to the Gazans who were injured and killed in the crossfire. War is sad and terrible and I don’t wish it upon anyone.

I’m not sure what Israeli army the BBC, CNN, the U.N., EU, and many people around the world are talking about.

I am proud to fight for the most moral army in the world.

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/183163/letter-from-an-idf-soldier-in-gaza?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Post&utm_content=Letter+From+an+IDF+Soldier+in+Gaza&utm_campaign=August2014

This is the IDF.

Edited by OriZ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Wall o'Text!

If I drove people from their homes then limited their access to even rainwater I'd try to bury that as far back behind as many walls of text as I can.

God also promised them all the fishing rights, even the fishing rights off of their neighbor's coasts.

THIS is the IDF:

Under the Oslo Agreements, the fishing range was 20 nautical miles (approximately 37 km). However, over the years, the Israeli military gradually reduced this range, severely damaging the livelihood of thousands of families and the availability of this basic and inexpensive food in the markets, which had served as a significant nutritional source.

Anyone but me thinking these Israelis are some bad neighbors?

Edited by Expat1

Filed: Timeline

These Israelis want to get rid of all the Palestinians/other nations who live on the land promised to the Israel by God. No matter the cost. Period.

IMHO they're doing what's been done to them right before the WWII.

Seems like they forgot how it's to be treaten like a garbage.

Timeline

These Israelis want to get rid of all the Palestinians/other nations who live on the land promised to the Israel by God. No matter the cost. Period.

IMHO they're doing what's been done to them right before the WWII.

Seems like they forgot how it's to be treaten like a garbage.

If they wanted to do that they would have easily done it by now.

Comparing Israel to Germany can either be out of ignorance or anti semitism, there is no third option.

I see people here practice the Three D's well...Distraction, Diversion, Distortion.