rosejosh

From post decision back to initial interview?????

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What happened?? August 4, the uscis website said that our petition was sent to nvc, now aug 20, it changed to initial interview. It says that today, there's a changed of address. But I don't think my fiancé changed it because he is still sleeping -.-

Any idea about this??

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-27

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-06-04

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-07-07

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-07-29

NVC Received : 2014-08-04

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2014-09-02

NVC Left : 2014-08-13

Consulate Received : 2014-09-02

Interview Date : 2014-10-20

Interview Result : Approved :dancing:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

The change of address may take time to process. Did your spouse and you move recently? Did you file a change of address a few days or weeks ago?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The change of address may take time to process. Did your spouse and you move recently? Did you file a change of address a few days or weeks ago?

My fiancé moved to his new apartment. I just don't know if he changed his address to uscis website. Will that affect the process? The last update was they sent it to nvc..

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-27

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-06-04

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-07-07

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-07-29

NVC Received : 2014-08-04

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2014-09-02

NVC Left : 2014-08-13

Consulate Received : 2014-09-02

Interview Date : 2014-10-20

Interview Result : Approved :dancing:

I believe it's just a quirk in the USCIS website. My wife and I have been in "Interview Scheduling" for over six months, and when we changed our address a few weeks ago, the timeline on the case status went back to "Initial Review" and the "Interview Scheduling" bubble in the timeline disappeared.

Our lawyer didn't seem to know about this but after giving them all the details and timing, they said they believe it's just the way the website works with an address change, and that the timeline won't update to your true current status until the next change of status, which for us will be the "Decision" stage after the green card interview.

Here's where we are according to USCIS even though we are really in "Interview Scheduling."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.