HeLiedToMe

He Says He Never Loved Me - Is It Fraud?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

?????

This could be the worst life advice I have ever heard of. Find evidence for what? Even if she presented solid evidence it's still a longshot ICE would deport him. It's like saying, live with a murderer, maybe he will kill somebody while you are there and then we got him. Immigration lawyer? For what? Don't waste money on immigration lawyers, there are no immigration issues that you should concern yourself with at this time. I know human nature is to try and make the wrong doer pay but in this case, it's smarter to just cut your losses and walk away.

Seriously, your reaction is a little over the top. I mean, really? The worst advice you've ever heard? That's pretty dramatic. It wouldn't be a "long shot" that he would be deported in light of solid evidence. That is what their entire job is for. Enough evidence = deportation. Plain and simple. Others have been able to do it and If this is what the poster wants, then she should go for it. If I were in her shoes, I would want his ### as far away from me as logistically possible; ideally thousands of miles, which deportation would legally ensure. Also, comparing him to a murderer is just completely nonsensical. He's not physically dangerous (based on the info provided, anyway). I mean dear god, she's married to him and has been living with him for some time. At least a year I'm guessing. Remaining in the same apartment would hardly put her in any sort of immediate danger, especially if he is never even around. And if she felt physically threatened, she'd probably have already left. In the chance feeling threatened is something she left out of her initial story, then I retract my advice of remaining anywhere near him. I'm not trying to defend anything because like I said, it is unorthodox and what the OP decides to do will be what is best for her. I don't mind either way and can't say for a fact even what I would do in the situation. All I did is provide an alternative option she may or may not have previously considered. Just because you don't agree and wouldn't do it yourself doesn't mean that any of the advice I provided was unhelpful.

The only thing I do agree with is that an immigration lawyer would be pretty pointless and a waste of money. As other people have said, making an INFOPASS appointment would be much more conducive and affordable.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well if we are looking at those sort of odds why not just buy a lottery ticket and then she can pay for him to be repatriated?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

In any case, I'd at least like to hear from an ICE agent regarding the odds before I decided what I was going to do. And If they said the same thing, I'd give them what I had and get the hell out.

I am the petitioner.

02/11/14 - Mailed I-129F petition to Texas Lock Box

02/20/14 - NOA1 Received Electronically

02/25/14 - Alien Registration Number changed

08/08/14 - Contacted Congressman/Senators

08/12/14 - NOA2 Received Electronically (173 days)

08/12/14 - Medical Exam in Blackrock

08/16/14 - NOA2 Hard Copy Received

08/18/14 - Case sent to NVC from TSC

08/26/14 - NVC Received

08/27/14 - NVC Case # Assigned

08/29/14 - NVC Left

09/04/14 - Dublin Embassy Received

09/04/14 - Packet 3 Received

09/08/14 - Packet 3 Returned

09/11/14 - Packet 4 Received

09/22/14 - Interview Date - APPROVED!

10/22/14 - POE (Dublin)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

The jerk only wanted a green card. I worked as a court interpreter for immigration. Several middle eastern men would marry American women to acquire a green card. Once their green card arrived, they would end up wanting a divorce because back home they had a wife. There were many instances were American women help their husbands go to college. Once they got their green card and degree, they would dump their American wife to marry a muslim woman. This guy is a loser and used you to get a green card. This person took advantage of your kindness. Unfortunately, not everyone is kind in this world. There are people like this man (I don't think he is a man because a true man takes responsibility) who took advantage of your good hearted person. These individuals thrive on people like you. He is probably using the other woman just like he used you. Perhaps the other woman has money, a home, or some other thing were he will use her and once he acquires it, he will dump her too. In otherwords, these type of men are free loaders. They don't like to work or man up and face responsibilities. They are seeking their next victim to see what they can acquire... Dump him and report him to ICE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The jerk only wanted a green card. I worked as a court interpreter for immigration. Several middle eastern men would marry American women to acquire a green card. Once their green card arrived, they would end up wanting a divorce because back home they had a wife. There were many instances were American women help their husbands go to college. Once they got their green card and degree, they would dump their American wife to marry a muslim woman. This guy is a loser and used you to get a green card. This person took advantage of your kindness. Unfortunately, not everyone is kind in this world. There are people like this man (I don't think he is a man because a true man takes responsibility) who took advantage of your good hearted person. These individuals thrive on people like you. He is probably using the other woman just like he used you. Perhaps the other woman has money, a home, or some other thing were he will use her and once he acquires it, he will dump her too. In otherwords, these type of men are free loaders. They don't like to work or man up and face responsibilities. They are seeking their next victim to see what they can acquire... Dump him and report him to ICE.

Women do it too, and easier. Been there done that. It is immigration fraud pure and simple. USCIS knows but doesn't have the resources to fight it. Does USCIS probably not. They have their hands full of outright illegals, car thieves, rapists, drug dealers, murderers, and human traffickers to really care much about the US Citizens Broken Hearts Club and Drained Bank Accounts Squadron at the hands of CON ARTIST foreigners.

We are pretty much screwed.

Sincerely,

VerySadGuy

30 year healthcare professional

Victim of heinous immigration romance scam

Father of a lovely little girl

And champion for those wronged by fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Women do it too, and easier. Been there done that. It is immigration fraud pure and simple. USCIS knows but doesn't have the resources to fight it. Does USCIS probably not. They have their hands full of outright illegals, car thieves, rapists, drug dealers, murderers, and human traffickers to really care much about the US Citizens Broken Hearts Club and Drained Bank Accounts Squadron at the hands of CON ARTIST foreigners.

We are pretty much screwed.

Yes, and with this case in particular the OP is her own worst enemy. She was willing to define her marriage by the terms he dictated: no intimacy, no semblance of romantic interaction - USCIS does not intervene in unfulfilling marriages, and if you wait this long - they're in.

Fraud, yes - but there's nothing to do but move on and learn that you take people at face value. You can't expect them to change into somebody else. I feel compassion for her - dashed hopes, all the effort down the drain. So now we learn not to be so naiive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.