DavenRoxy

White Veteran Stabbed To Death By Group Of Thugs

70 posts in this topic

Amazingly, I heard nothing about this when it happened. Kind of a "death in passing in the night"...

In Lakewood, Washington, a 20-year-old soldier named Tevin Geike was stabbed to death in a parking lot. According to reports, he was walking along the Pacific Highway SW with two other white soldiers when a group of black men drove by and yelled at the group.

Allegedly, the men driving by were yelling racial slurs, and when one of the soldiers responded, the car turned around. Then, the driver of the vehicle recognized that they were fighting soldiers.

One of the suspects bumped into Geike, and the soldiers saw him fall to the ground. Meanwhile, the car sped away into the distance. Geike bled to death from multiple stab wounds.

“He was already dead in my brother’s arms,” Glenn Zimmerman, a friend of Geike, told reporters.

The group of soldiers had been at a party that night, celebrating the end of Geike’s contract, and honoring his service to his country.

“I don’t understand how someone can do this—that man, he almost gave his life for people to enjoy the freedoms they have and he was just stabbed for no reason,” Zimmerman continued.

Given the racial implications of the incident, investigators are considering whether the killing is classified as a hate crime. In the meantime, Police are searching for the vehicle and the five suspects, all five of whom are black men in their 20s.

http://theuspatriot.com/2014/05/14/white-veteran-stabbed-to-death-by-group-of-thugs-yelling-slurs-media-ignores/

But later, it was decided that race was not a factor. How is it that in the reverse scenario, it would be automatically a racist event, but this one isn't? I just don't get it...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tevin-geike-murder-race-not-main-issue-in-stabbing-death-of-us-soldier-in-wash-police-and-prosecutors-say/

Amazingly, I heard nothing about this when it happened. Kind of a "death in passing in the night"...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/07/tevin-geike-stabbing-death_n_4055490.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
"We are exploring the possibility that this could be a hate crime or racially motivated

It is like this is the most important part. I don't give a #### if it's a hate crime. This is a murder and thats what it should be treated as.

Isn't almost every death in this country a 'passing in the night'?

Almost, yes. I can think of a couple this past year that stirred a lot of public unrest. Edited by DavenRoxy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I vaguely remember this but sadly a murder is not all that uncommon.

I agree on the hate crime thing - who cares, it is a murder - should I get a lighter sentence if I killed someone "just cuz" ??

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

I have a question. Why are black youths referred to as thugs, but when a white person goes on a shooting rampage, they refer to them by name?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

In Lakewood, Washington, a 20-year-old soldier named Tevin Geike was stabbed to death in a parking lot. According to reports, he was walking along the Pacific Highway SW with two other white soldiers when a group of black men drove by and yelled at the group.

Allegedly, the men driving by were yelling racial slurs, and when one of the soldiers responded, the car turned around. Then, the driver of the vehicle recognized that they were fighting soldiers.

One of the suspects bumped into Geike, and the soldiers saw him fall to the ground. Meanwhile, the car sped away into the distance. Geike bled to death from multiple stab wounds.

“He was already dead in my brother’s arms,” Glenn Zimmerman, a friend of Geike, told reporters.

The group of soldiers had been at a party that night, celebrating the end of Geike’s contract, and honoring his service to his country.

“I don’t understand how someone can do this—that man, he almost gave his life for people to enjoy the freedoms they have and he was just stabbed for no reason,” Zimmerman continued.

Given the racial implications of the incident, investigators are considering whether the killing is classified as a hate crime. In the meantime, Police are searching for the vehicle and the five suspects, all five of whom are black men in their 20s.

http://theuspatriot.com/2014/05/14/white-veteran-stabbed-to-death-by-group-of-thugs-yelling-slurs-media-ignores/

But later, it was decided that race was not a factor. How is it that in the reverse scenario, it would be automatically a racist event, but this one isn't? I just don't get it...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tevin-geike-murder-race-not-main-issue-in-stabbing-death-of-us-soldier-in-wash-police-and-prosecutors-say/

Of course race was not a factor. It only works one way, the hate crime law that is

I have a question. Why are black youths referred to as thugs, but when a white person goes on a shooting rampage, they refer to them by name?

Because black culture and in particularly the black music industry glorified young black criminals as thugs. Thug Life, Thuging, Thug Ni**er. You ever listen to Tupac. Thug mansion ? Young Thug, Thug Love. All portray an urban style black teen with baggy pants, T-shirt, usually dread locks.

It's everywhere. I guess we just borrowed the term from Black culture, it's black cultures self discrptior, but yet you get testy when we use the word, you coined.

Of course race was not a factor. It only works one way, the hate crime law that is

That could be because when a white person kills a black person, the sentencing tends to be more lenient. When it's the reverse, that doesn't happen.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Because black culture and in particularly the black music industry glorified young black criminals as thugs. Thug Life, Thuging, Thug Ni**er. You ever listen to Tupac. Thug mansion ? Young Thug, Thug Love. All portray an urban style black teen with baggy pants, T-shirt, usually dread locks.

It's everywhere. I guess we just borrowed the term from Black culture, it's black cultures self discrptior, but yet you get testy when we use the word, you coined.

i don't know how old you are, but you're out of touch. this is not 'black culture'

I'm sorry, did I coin the word thug?

So, what you're saying is because of rap music, we're going to call every single black teen a thug. Nice.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg