Vagabond1

Should I restart process

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I found this site after I sent my plug to USCIS( actually it is on its way to a friends so they can put the money order for feeding the pkg). In reading the checklist on the site I realize I made some mistakes. One I did not include a cover letter or index of contents. Two I only included my biographical page of my U.S. Passport, not all pages as the check list here says. How does my entire passport ( visa stamps) help prove I'm a US citizen. Doesn't the biographical page do that? I also included the 864. That can easily be redone I would think, or is USCIS going to get upset? Should I have my friend just return the entire package an start anew? Any advice would be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I-864 with I-130 ? Really ?

Nah - I say stop all, tell yer friend to hold off for two weeks,

whilst you make some time to read the guide and get more stuff done.

'all pages' on passport shows you showed up in that country . receipts on travel things in that country shows you and your wife did stuff. photos are secondary.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I didn't include a cover sheet or all pages of passport. I haven't received a RFE thus far (knocking on wood). My sister didn't include the cover sheet, she send a copy of her birth certificate and like you she sended her I864. She got her NO2 and it's at NVC, since USCIS has nothing to do with the affidavit of support, you have to do and submit everything to NVC when prompted. Take this time to be familiar and remember if they need something, they will ask. Good luck.

Timeline

@ Darnell,

I understand your point. However, the USCIS instructions are in regards to proof of citizenship. Ones passport is the holy grail for which country you ate a citizen of. I still fail to understand how border crossings of any country relate to citizenship. Now I did include all my visa stamps for all the countries I've been traveling to and from for the last several years. But it was in support of my temporary absence from the USA and my good faith promise to return to my domicile. Maybe they will connect a the dots

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

yah, maybe. depends on the adjudicator.

I put in timelines with evidence tagged - the photos matched up with trips and events listed, but

China , Guangzhou IV, is a tough sumb|tch and prefers to see that stuff - getting it in with USCIS , with USCIS approving it, supposedly keeps Guangzhou IV from dinging us later about bonafide marriage evidence [there are 6 types listed in the I-130 instructions] .

Still, is your choice, on what to do, how to do. Welcome Aboard ! And remember, you can sling stuff (bonafide marriage evidence) in with the civil docs submittal, later during NVC Intake on the IV set. [this is called side-loading] --The IV Unit will see it prior to interview day.

Go Get Em, And Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Darnell,

Shows how green I am at all this... I can hardly understand anything you said. All these acronyms etc. I'm just not use to yet. My word you sure know your way around this stuff. Thanks for the help!

I did not include cover letter and have no problem so far. Passport stamps provide the evidence that you had been in VietNam, hence you might have met your wife. However, it is difficult to prove that the passport stamps were printed from your passport. If you print all pages of your passport, then it might prove that stamps are your. Note that the boarding pass does not prove that you were in the plane. So passport stamps and picture together are needed in my opinion even pictures are secondary. The passport control agent in Vietnam usually stamps near to the visa page, which means this page will be enough because it has Vietnam visa and entry or exit stamps nearby. The visa itself has your passport number. I did not print the whole passport pages out but I did print biographical page and the page that has Vietnam visa and passport stamps near to the visa.

If you only want to prove that you are US citizen, then the biographical page is enough.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

That is what I thought. The portion of the form this referred to was proof of citizenship. I could provide my birth certificate, passport etc. I provided both. However just the biographical page. Thanks so much for the clarification.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K3 Progress Reports to IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

You got nothing to worry about. The cover page is just to make it a little easier for the officer, I'm sure they will still be able to navigate through your package. Passport bio page is enough to prove your US citizenship and the accidental I-864 won't make them upset. Just remember to create a new I-864 package when the time comes at NVC with updated information.

Edited by Ketsuban

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As the petitioner...at the USCIS stage...it is your background that is being looked into...what you did/do. Why not just comply. As well as follow the instructions. You'd be well served to familiarize yourself with the entire process...if you think that submitting the I-130 is demanding you will have a rude awakening. Your journey has just begun...you're in for a one year ride...perhaps longer...

Pay attention to detail to avoid delays...be proactive...the only way to do that is to know what the next step is before it happens...just sayin'!

In the meantime...utilize all of the resources here...

Edited by Ed and Gina

Timeline

Ed & Gina,

I suppose it is quite easy to get arrogant with others after you have found this site and have been familiar with the immigration process. And I am happy you are so proud if yourselves. So happy you made no mistakes, so so happy for you.

For your information we have tried to be careful. I don't think we have made any mistakes we can not easily recover from. Did get a little confused and sent the 864 prematurely. But I can redo it when the time comes. As for knowing the Immigrations process I was clueless how the different agencies interact and who is doing what where.

Most people on this site have been very helpful. But you folks are the exception.

But I am glad there is someone that new it all before they started. By the way, why are you even on VJ. Knowing all you two know I sure would not waste my time replying to us stupid careless folks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.