Den/Tan

When can we expect our Green card - split from 5 year old thread

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

(response to 5 year old thread removed as post split off into its own thread - VJ Moderation)

WHEN SHOULD WE EXPECT DELIVERY OF OUR CR1 & CR2 GREEN CARDS

We received our visa package August 1st.
Booked Flights same day for August 2nd Flights.

During Flight I noticed a yellow letter attached outside of the Sealed Visa Package.
The letter said to go to a (USCIS Ellis) website and pay visa fee prior to arriving to USA. Or you won't receive your GC.

Using the Airline WIFI in mid air, I was able to access the website but couldn't find out how to pay per their directions.

Upon arrival, I tried to pay at JFK, But they said I didn't owe anything.
We received SS cards within a week, but still no GCards.
Only I551 good for a year on Visa. Is it possible that we due owe and need to try the website again?

Thanks

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove response to 5 year old thread

you need to pay via ELIS that's the only way to pay the immigrant fee.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.