Jacque67

James Wright Foley executed -RIP

126 posts in this topic

did they ever tell you to kill them if they dont convert ?

i wouldn't have to. i would have a special seat in heaven, at the right hand of god, and i would be able to watch with glee the excrutiating deaths my foes and dismissers had coming to them from our god of love and peace. <_<

and i'm not exaggerating. kids are coached to witness in school and they are prepared to deal with other kids making fun of them. what i've stated above is our consolation prize for being the annoying goody goody kids.

From the transcript, it sounds like the killer is following a political ideology rather than a specifically religious one.

Do you believe what he says? Do you think his speech is from the heart, or for the purpose of getting more people to join?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

i wouldn't have to. i would have a special seat in heaven, at the right hand of god, and i would be able to watch with glee the excrutiating deaths my foes and dismissers had coming to them from our god of love and peace. <_<

and i'm not exaggerating. kids are coached to witness in school and they are prepared to deal with other kids making fun of them. what i've stated above is our consolation prize for being the annoying goody goody kids.

I was told that I would get the clicker and the seat closest to the tv.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do you believe what he says? Do you think his speech is from the heart, or for the purpose of getting more people to join?

Do I think he's sincere? I have no idea, I'm sure he believes some of it. I think you'd have to in order to be willing to saw someone's head off as a statement.

Then again, who really knows.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Its not like we have to guess at ISIS goals: Strict Sharia law and killing those in their domain who do not believe or will not convert. I read they plan on crucifying the next person instead of beheading them.

Are we really trying to convince ourselves there is not a heavy-duty religious driving force here?

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Its not like we have to guess at ISIS goals: Strict Sharia law and killing those in their domain who do not believe or will not convert. I read they plan on crucifying the next person instead of beheading them.

Are we really trying to convince ourselves there is not a heavy-duty religious driving force here?

I read news that ISIS forced a Christian man at gunpoint to convert to Islam and then beheaded him.

So how? Convert or not convert still die.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Timeline

I think whats interesting is that ISIS is on the line between Terrorist Group and State (Similar to Hamas actually).

I think the West (and the US specifically) doesn't really have the stomach to actually go after terrorist groups after a decade of war on terror. But as ISIS begins to act more and more like a legitimate state the dynamic changes.

If a State continues to execute citizens of another State is there any choice left but total war?

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think whats interesting is that ISIS is on the line between Terrorist Group and State (Similar to Hamas actually).

I think the West (and the US specifically) doesn't really have the stomach to actually go after terrorist groups after a decade of war on terror. But as ISIS begins to act more and more like a legitimate state the dynamic changes.

If a State continues to execute citizens of another State is there any choice left but total war?

Well again, this is why the Iraq war was a bad idea. It was widely known exactly what would happen and here we are...

If we went in for the oil fields, we'll go in again, if only to annex those areas of the country.

Edited by Hail Ming!

Filed: Timeline

war that will no doubt create more and more recruits for isis - or whoever eventually takes their place.

You say that and yet two states already are in a full scale war with ISIS - Iraq and Syria

Two states are in a pitched conflict with ISIS - US and Iran

And a future independent state is also in a full scale war with ISIS - Kurdistan.

FYI I am not advocating for full scale entry by the US at this time.

Edited by Sousuke

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

The common denominator with these terrorist groups is not religion, it's territorial advantage. Educated people who go back to their roots to support 'their' people are not really doing so primarily because of religion but from a sense of affiliation with the cultural heritage. It's a fairly easy thing to work out if you ask yourself the mathematical question, which group is the subset, muslims or terrorists? Concentrating on bashing the muslim religion will fail entirely to provide a solution to the ISIS crisis.

Edited by Curmudgeon

FYI I am not advocating for full scale entry by the US at this time.

well good, we've got a couple issues here at home that we might want to spend a little time correcting.