chrismae

Seattle Office -N400 Timeline

32 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is an old post, but no responses. Yes...its slow we filed in May and just got notification for "in line" on September 12th. What is your timeline?

Hello,

I am just curious here, seems like seattle office has a long delayed on N400 processing. Any input from fellow applicants. Thank you

I was in-line for interview for 4 months.

They have a backlog due to the high volume of applicants.

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

hi guys,

I've been inline since Jun9, have you called the customer service yet?. I have called & they said will send message to the local office to follow up on my case and usually would take 2 wks for them to answer from the time I called , It's been 2 wks and nothing yet so far. Well glad to know from playwright. I suspect of a backlog, nothing to worry i guess.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

looks like it is taking very long. Before I submitted by application in early July, i had an info pass appointment and there was hardly anybody traffic in the Seattle office. They gentleman I talked to was very nice and told me that the applications are being processed very fast and taking at the most 3 months. I have been waiting for the interview call for about 2 months now. I don't think we can even do an info pass without calling the customer service first. All other processing centers are going pretty fast.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

UserName............|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice
wlmh65..............|04/09/14.|04/16/14.|04/15/14.|05/12/14.|10/02/14.|--/--/--.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA

Edited by wlmh65

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

UserName............|Sent.....|ChkCashd.|NOA......|Fprints..|Int Ltr..|Intview..|Oath.....|FieldOffice

wlmh65..............|04/09/14.|04/16/14.|04/15/14.|05/12/14.|10/03/14.|11/10/14.|--/--/--.|Seattle, WA

I filed november, got interviewed/approved february. took 3 months. ceremony took couple hours after interview.

Edited by shendon

Timeline

01/03/2017 N400 Priority Date
01/30/2017 Biometrics
02/01/2017 Case in Line for Interview
08/04/2017 Interview Scheduled. Waiting for mail notice..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

I filed in April, got the invitation letter for the interview about a week ago, interview in Seattle early November. So I think all you guys are fine.

I have a question -- the uscis website says that Seattle offers "same-day naturalization ceremonies". I took this to mean that one can do everything in 1 day -- interview in the morning, take the oath in the afternoon (if there are no problems with the interview), and go home to eat your first dinner as a citizen.

But I called the general USCIS number to ask if I should count on the oath ceremony being the same day, and the guy I talked to says it's typically ~1 month later so that you have time to invite friends and family ... (Seriously? People go watch other people's oaths? Anyway ...) Of course I'd prefer to just get everything done as quickly as possible.

Can one of you confirm when the oath takes place?

Thanks,

Kevin

Filed: Timeline

I believe the Seattle office does ceremonies at 11:20 am every day for people who have completed the interview by a certain time that morning. If your interview time is early, you would be able to do the oath on the same day, but if it's too close to 11:20 or later in the afternoon, you would have to do it the next day.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

My wife filed in January; still nothing.

Web site says "Initial Review." Tried an e-inquiry; they said still under review & gave no reason for the delay.

What's frustrating is that others who filed after my wife have already been processed.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I had a info pass appointment. The staff was extremely courteous and very helpful. They told me that there were a bunch of retirements in June/July time and they just hired 6 people in the last few months. The new people cannot do interviews as the interviewer needs to have at least 1 year experience. The process has slowed down and is currently taking 9 months from start to finish. No estimate on when this backlog would be cleared. They also told me that the scheduling is not done at Seattle as the file is sent to them by another office which could be in Missouri. There probably have been retirements in the departments across the board so no news. They said to continue to check the website.

Hope it helps.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Anyone inline for Interview for N400 Naturalization since May or June 2014 got their interview date yet? I have been in line since June 11 and no interview notice yet. Thanks for your response.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.