25 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You should make a new post instead of hijacking a current one,

so that you can get direct attention, otherwise it clutters up the original post.

Mods, open this question as a separate thread. Thanks.

Use the report button at the bottom right of the forum page to report a situation or make a request to the mods.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I wonder why the OP, with AOS, has not told us anything more of his problem, feel sorry for him.,.,.,.,.,

Maybe because it's none of our business. He has received the advice he needs, no need to rub salt in the wound.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello everyone.

I am having some trouble with my K1 visa status adjustment. My wife has refused to file my adjustment of status and my K1 visa entry is expiring on sep 13 2014.

Is there any other way where i can apply for my adjustment of status; if my wife does not apply. Please respond.

Please note I was married in USA June 17 2014 and have my SSN with me.

Regards

FAISAL

You never mentioned why she is refusing to help adjust your status. You entered on K1 and got married in June 2014 only for her to stop and refuse adjusting your status. Tell us what were your intentions and where she is refusing?

Filed: Timeline

She is NOT adjusting your status but you as the beneficiary are, she DOES however has to fill out a form I-864 and if there is an interview scheduled she will need to be there with you.

You can not adjust in any other way then with your wife, you need to address whatever issues you have with your wife before moving forward.

Good Luck.

Maybe because it's none of our business. He has received the advice he needs, no need to rub salt in the wound.

I don't know, while he doesn't need to air his dirty laundry, depending on why there might be different solutions. Maybe they are just short on cash, maybe she doesn't understand the I-864, or something.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@Kayceedee: The wife has refused to file the AOS which includes the I-864. So, what is the Op suppose to do? For a marriage barely 2months old its practically impossible to gather any type of documentation to show a good faith marriage at this point even for a vawa case

The wife does not file AOS for him. The AOS applicant files for their own AOS. The wife can refuse to help by providing the I-864 he needs, and/or attending the interview with him if he has one. I do not know what he is supposed to do. Talk to his wife? Ask her to fill out the I-864 for his AOS? See if their marriage is even viable?

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.