Harpa Timsah

Woman shoots grandson; thought he was an intruder

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

funny, i want the same thing and yet i'm constantly told that i actually want to ban guns.

It is because some see everything in black and white. Lateral thinking is not their forte.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

funny, i want the same thing and yet i'm constantly told that i actually want to ban guns.

Funny how that works, eh?

Timeline

I said you want to ban guns, not me and you knew what I meant. You, Harpa and MBD started the idiotic comments in this thread, not me.

In that case, would you be kind enough to return the favor and show me where have I ever even remotely said anything about banning guns?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I said you want to ban guns, not me and you knew what I meant. You, Harpa and MBD started the idiotic comments in this thread, not me.

In that case, would you be kind enough to return the favor and show me where have I ever even remotely said anything about banning guns?

The ole switcheroo! Well played!

You're right, I forgot how pro gun you are and how you always make such wise statements in these types of threads. You're initial comments were very wise and insightful.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

You're right, I forgot how pro gun you are and how you always make such wise statements in these types of threads. You're initial comments were very wise and insightful.

You could simply be honest and say I never said anything about banning guns - you did.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Well, in all fairness, the 7-yo kid should have announced his presence lest she might think - as she did - he was a burglar. What in the world was he thinking?

Duh! Everyone knows that. You shoot first, to quell your fear and to assert the power a gun confers, and then you ask questions. Heroes always shoot first!

Seriously, it could always be Obama breaking into your house to take away your guns and ammo!

Absolutely. I blame Obama's war on guns for depriving this 7-yo American from his 2nd amendment rights...

I don't. There is nothing idiotic about those who pander to the fears of others and market guns to them. They are making a bundle of money and couldn't care less about the number of deaths by GSW in our country.

It is easy to recite the mantras of the NRA and other groups and pretend we have nothing to do with it. As a society we are responsible for those who get hurt by unfit gun owners. As a society we enable them and look the other way hiding behind the constitution and pretending it has nothing to do with us.

As a society we are not responsible for what they do but we become accessories when we shrug because it was not our child who was molested, or a woman we know who was raped, etc. Yes, because these individuals you cite do not exist in a vacuum. What I am saying is the opposite of what you propose. I am not proposing we blame someone else, because blaming someone after the fact won't bring back the dead. I am saying we are responsible for finding ways to prevent these 'accidents' from happening.

That is one of the great fallacies the NRA sells when they say guns don't kill people. The problem in fact is neither the gun not the individual, it is the combination of both.

Alcohol is not a problem, neither are automobiles. Drunk driving however is a problem.

That is what I said. The problem is not the gun on its own or the individual alone. The problem is the combination of both, a combination we enable, facilitate and condone by looking the other way, until of course, it gets too close to home.

But then again, the solution it not ban it altogether. There have to be measures in place to ensure that one's 2nd amendment doesn't infringe on another's right to life and liberty.

You could simply be honest and say I never said anything about banning guns - you did.

You're correct. I don't know how I ever came to that conclusion. You consistently post how we can solve the problem. This grandmother was not an idiot, it is society's problem. Your posting is identical in every thread of this type. Have fun with your word play, I'm done with it.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015