hagoyz

I-134 is hard....

36 posts in this topic

I'm in the process of learning about k1 visa and I'm getting stress and hopeless about it. I'm below the 125% poverty line for us two, me and my fiance and then I just learned that US Embassy in the Philippines rarely accepts co-sponsors. I'm still living with my parents there will be 5 of us plus my fiance, if we were going to accumulate my parents annual salary and mine too it will be ok but I always do my tax return they never had me as dependent. Do you guys think that i can still apply for K1 visa? or any advices if i can do something about it? thanks to everyone.. :crying::crying::cry:

Your parents don't count in your household count, but it doesn't matter I guess since you are also below the threshold for two people.

How are you going to support a wife on that amount?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How are you going to support a wife on that amount?

Modern women do not expect to be supported.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Modern women do not expect to be supported.

I agree, but the consulates at the u.s. embassy expects the petitioner to be able to support the Beneficiary, and that's all that matters!!

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think OP is female.

So modern men do not expect to be supported.

Men can be sponsored in PI.

Who would have known?

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm in the process of learning about k1 visa and I'm getting stress and hopeless about it. I'm below the 125% poverty line for us two, me and my fiance and then I just learned that US Embassy in the Philippines rarely accepts co-sponsors. I'm still living with my parents there will be 5 of us plus my fiance, if we were going to accumulate my parents annual salary and mine too it will be ok but I always do my tax return they never had me as dependent. Do you guys think that i can still apply for K1 visa? or any advices if i can do something about it? thanks to everyone.. :crying::crying::cry:

Yes getting a co-sponsor accepted at USEM is difficult at best with the K-1 visa. Not impossible but don't know that I would rely on a co-sponsor considering the odds. It would be better to get a part time job to raise your income. If the embassy will consider a co-sponsor having an immediate relative helps.

Another option being you have not started the visa process is the CR-1 spousal visa, the embassy has to accept a co-sponsor with that visa.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Boiler, you need a reality check.

The spouse will not be able to work for at least 6 months upon arrival in the U.S. With that and along with all the other expenses that a new spouse will generate, your beans better be in order.

I hate seeing couples trying to build a marriage on 30,000.00 USD petitioner salary.

Are you serious? I make way more than that and there are times where it is tough for me and my non-working wife.

Edited by altonbebe

Please keep in mind that some dates are only known after receipt of another document.
For example, the USPS Form 3811. The stamped receiving date was not know until the original Form 3811 was received on 07/13/2013 1:30 p/m CST.

07/05/2013 3:07 p/m CST I-129F pouch tendered to United States Postal Service in Houston, TX
07/09/2013 UNKNWN USPS Form 3811 / Signiture Receipt Card / Stamped and Received at USCIS Dallas Lockbox *
07/09/2013 UNKNWN USCIS / WEB SITE / receives petition and mails notice
07/12/2013 UNKNWN I-129F Check Presented to bank for payment
07/12/2013 2:51 p/m CST Text Message Received / G-1145 / I-129F Form / VSC - Documents sent to VSC
07/12/2013 2:51 p/m CST Email Received Received / G-1145 / I-129F Form / VSC - Documents sent to VSC
07/12/2013 UNKNWN I-129F Check coverted to ACH Payment to USCIS DALLAS PAYMENT
07/13/2013 1:30 p/m CST USPS Form 3811 / Signiture Receipt (GREEN) Card received from USCIS Dallas Lockbox *
07/13/2013 4:24 p/m CST USCIS / WEB SITE / Set up user account to track case status / https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/logon.do
07/15/2013 4:24 p/m CST USCIS / WEB SITE / Indicates "ACCEPTANCE"
07/16/2013 7:30 p/m CST USCIS / WEB SITE / Log in to check site / Indicates "INITIAL REVIEW"
07/17/2013 UNKNWN I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA1) / Received in mail today. (Notice Date : 07/11/2013, VSC) (Stamp date on envelope : 07/15/13)

* Advising case has been opened.
07/18/2013 8:31 p/m CST Email Received / USCIS / Advising Alien Registration Number has been changed
07/18/2013 8:35 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

07/18/2013 8:31 p/m CST Email Received / USCIS / Advising Alien Registration Number has been changed
07/18/2013 8:35 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/07/2013 6:45 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/07/2013 6:47 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/07/2013 7:00 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/09/2013 6:30 p/m CST Email Received / USCIS / Case has been transfered from VSC

08/09/2013 UNKNWN I-797C, Notice of Action (NOAT) / Rcv'd in mail (Notice Date : 08/06/2013, VSC) (Stamp date on envelope : 08/07/2013)**

** Advising that the case has been transfered from VSC to TSC

08/09/2013 7:30 p/m CST USCIS / WEB STIE / Logged in to check site / Indicatted "INITIAL REVIEW

08/26/2013 8:45 p/m CST Email Recieved / USCIS / On 08/26/13, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E).

08/26/2013 8:47 p/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/26/2013 8:48 p/m CST USCIS / WEB STIE / Logged in to check site / Indicatted "POST DECISION ACTIVITY"

08/27/2013 7:15 a/m CST Text Message Received / USCIS / Advising "My Case Status" has been updated at www.uscis.gov

08/27/2013 7:15 a/m CST Email Received / USCIS / On August 27, 2013, we shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing.

08/29/2013 UNKNWN I-797C, Notice of Action (NOA2) / Rcv'd in mail. (Notice Date : 08/26/2013) (Stamp date on env. : 08/27/18) / Advising i-129F has been APPROVED.

09/05/2013 UNKNWN Phone Call to NVC / Petition received and MNL Number issued

09/06/2013 15:58 EST Documents shipped out via DHL AWB 8774193982 ( http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/302190-dhl-tracking-from-nvc-to-us-embassy/ ) EXCELLANT

09/09/2013 10:45 MNL Documents rcvd at Embassy signed for L Bernardion

Summary : Date mailed : 07/05; Docs rcv'd USCIS : 07/09; NOA1 issued : 07/11; NOA2 issued : 08/26, NOA2 rcv'd in mail : 08/29; NVC Rcv'd : 09/05/; MNL Emby rcv'd docs : 09/09

Total Number of Days : 67 days (Mailing date of I-129F at U.S. Post Office to Receipt of documents in Manila Embassy)

Projected Dates (Not Actual Dates) : Based on research on VJ Website, other members statements, and documents going to VSC Service Center
07/18/13 : Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between December 11, 2013 and December 24, 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

The spouse will not be able to work for at least 6 months upon arrival in the U.S. With that and along with all the other expenses that a new spouse will generate, your beans better be in order.

I hate seeing couples trying to build a marriage on 30,000.00 USD petitioner salary.

Are you serious? I make way more than that and there are times where it is tough for me and my non-working wife.

Not able to work for at least six months? Where did you get that number from?

And there are plenty of married couples who can live (albeit within their means) on less than $30,000/year. The fact that it is tough for you doesn't mean everyone else is in the same situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

If you get married the minute you get into the states, and file for AOS shortly after, you can start working approx 3 months from the day of arrival. 6 months is way off. Also 30K is plenty for the average american family depending on where you live.

yes, i know what's reality and what's not..I'm not here because i'm dreaming that i can still apply for k1 visa. I'm here to ask what alternatives that I have.

$30K where I live will get you precisely nothing. I find living in the US very, very expensive, I mean property taxes of $5,000 a year for a very average house.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

$30K where I live will get you precisely nothing. I find living in the US very, very expensive, I mean property taxes of $5,000 a year for a very average house.

Again it depends on where you live. Not every city or state in the US has an average of $5,000 for property taxes. Matter of fact I believe in Alabama there is no property tax.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.