Crystal

To mention the internet or not to mention?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's a big world out there but it gets smaller every day... no need to be paranoid about having met 'online' - most of us did! Somebody did a poll on the old forum and it was something like 70-30%! So USCIS sees it every day :) The only reason to be remotely worried would be if you met on a board called 'Looking for Love' or 'Have Citizenship, want wife'. lol And even then it's not a bar to getting a visa or there wouldn't BE any marriage brokers for them to regulate...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I would wager a guess that 80% to 90% of us met online...it doesn't have any bearing on it. All they want to know later on is if this is a bona fide relationship. :)

:thumbs:

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Be darn sure you say that you were on a free public, chat forum (maybe even give web address). You don't want USCIS to ding you because they thought you violated the new mail order bride laws that just went into effect.

2/1/2006 Mailed I-129F to NSC

2/2/2006 I-129F delivered to NSC

2/6/2006 NSC NOA1 - Received!

2/8/2006 NSC NOA2 - Approved!

2/10/2006 NSC mails K1 to NVC

2/20/2006 NVC received K1

2/27/2006 NVC Mail K1 to Kiev

3/9/2006 Kiev Receives K1

3/10/2006 FAX'ed appointment letter to Kiev

3/14/2006 Scheduled interview in Kiev

4/10/2006 Appointment in Kiev

4/10/2006 K-1 Visa Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the digital era. Meeting online has become a fact of life. Most important, do not lie or conceal facts!

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Your answer seems about right. I've heard the less detail you give, the less chance of it looking suss. I wrote something like 'met online in 2002, met in person in 2005' and that's it.

There's nothing wrong with meeting online, if they dig deeper with us they'll find we met playing an online video game, I'd rather admit to a chatroom relationship than tell strangers we played Everquest together!!!!

Don't worry about it. He's from the UK, it's not like many people here are desperate enough to marry just to get over there ;).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Crystal,

Whatever you do, do not lie or try to hide things.. they have tricky ways of finding out later. However, you may want to include a longer statement than what you just wrote. Make it a half page or one page or whatever you feel. Be specific, make it sound like a luvey duvey story. Mine ended up being two pages.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.