44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much!! when I hear approve I got really excited. I really hope and yes I try my very best to relax and not panic. I am ready as well as my documents. I let you know all what's the result. Please pray for me (Quenie for k1 visa) god bless us to this journey!!

Timeline

The best you did was tell your fiancé, now do the same at the interview. Because to prove a bonified relationship is to tell your fiancé everything about you, the good and the bad, and that goes for both people involved.

Good luck to you!! I wish you the best!!!

I am the petitioner

I- 129f packet sent Jan 11 2014

Noa 1 Jan 15 2014

Alien registration number changed Jan 16 2014

NOA 2 June 16 2014 email and text

USCIS shipped petition to NVC June 19 2014 (Website update)

NOA 2 June 20 2014 Hard Copy Received

NVC case number received (via phone) July 1 2014

NVC forward petition to the embassy July 3 2014

consulate received petition July 8 2014

consulate received hard copy of petition(CEAC website update) July 15 2014

passed medical (took one day fiancee got there at 4:00am finished at 4:30pm) July 22 2014

CFO completed certificate issued (fiancee said people were very nice process very easy) July 30th 2014!!

Interview date scheduled for September 10th 2014!!

Interview approved!!!

Visa issued!! CEAC website September 16 2014!!

Visa received on September 18 2014 yeah!!!

POE September 21 2014!!! Yeeees!!! What a journey!!!!

Wedding day!! October 16 2014!!

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

First, you should really thank your fiancee.

Some folks may have called off the engagement. I know I would have.

That said, you know and admit your major screw up on this, so let's not dwell on that.

You were simply young and nervous to think better at the time.

So let's talk about recovery scenarios.

1. Thank god if doesn't come up during the interview, but I think you should prepare for it.

2. If it comes up, I think you should have documents to prove that sister adopted the baby

and has full legal custody. They might even want to see proof that you ex (father's baby)

agreed to giving up custody.

Yes, lying was bad, but I think USCIS is looking at legal marriageability for both of you,

and that you don't have any major contagious harmful disease, and that your US fiancee

can financially support you so that you don't become a public charge costing tax payer's money.

If you can meet and pass everything (minus this baby situation)...I think somehow...

you can still be approved.

I'm no expert in this, but logically speaking, if the IO is surprised of learning this fact,

they might also issue RFE to fully verify that baby has been legally adopted by your sister.

Getting upset and depressed ain't going to help anything.

So stay positive and prepare necessary documents to prove legal adoption.

My best prayers are with you...

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Just like everyone said, be honest because you'll be taking an oath before they interview you and they take that seriously. The doctor might mention about your child in her report so just make sure you explain to the officer your situation. I have a feeling that they will have to review your case one more time because in my opinion I don't think your past is an issue at all as you're only filing the visa for yourself so I think it's more to do with the fact that you weren't truthful on your application and they might see that as a red flag.

I don't mean to scare you but I hope you get approved (fingers cross). Good luck on your interview :)

Timeline

In order to get the consoles trust you have to tell them the truth as u know ur medical result will send to the embassy and they will know already that you gave birth base from the result i believed.

Keep praying and have faith that matters most.Best of luck..

Your very strong mom. I am a single parent also, but I never kept secrets to anyone else.

But, one thing I can advice just dont lose hope. Have faiith in GOD ask his guidance and pray always.! Tell everything if the cunsol asked about your kid and tell why you lie. Good luck! I wish and pray that everything's fine.! Godbless

Filed: Timeline

My fiancé observations during the day of her interview was some filipinas didn't know simple things about the petitioner. The state he lives in, the birthdate, how many brothers and sisters there are, parents, etc.

They are basically trying to get a 'fix' on your relationship, if you not feel prepared, take some time to study the details and have someone quiz you. My fiancé studied all night before the interview, she also made a 'bullet list' of details that she took to the embassy with her, but she never needed it.

Be prepared and confident...best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Are you sure this will come up?

Dont mention it, but if the CO asked about it then tell the truth at all times.

Maybe your first problem here is reconciling with your fiancee, immigration is #2.

On the other hand Im amazed that the Dr found this out.....in Thailand at the medical the doctors barely look. They just do the lab tests and X-rays and say Hi! and thats it. No significant physical exam at all for a young healthy person like yourself...unless there was an obvious Csect scar and they actually looked....

Timeline

Thank you! By the way I have a letter from my fiancee stated that he is aware of my previous gave birth. Mix emotion I feel right now, thank you all for the comments guys. I will pray for this and be confident during my interview. Thank you all for the positive thoughts. Though I can't help it to feel nervous but I will do my very best not to. And of course I will tell them the truth no matter what. (Finger crossed)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I dont think this should stop you getting a visa. There is no ban on women who have children and lying about having given away a child in the past is not high level immigration misrepresentation.

That sort of lie will easily be forgiven by a CO and may not even matter at all, as its not the same as lying about your job history or presenting false documents, etc.

In the end it would not have made a difference to the USA if you did your did not have a child in the past, that is not something that makes you inadmissible...its not a crime of moral turpitude, its not illegal entry to the USA or presence, its not major misrepresentation....its a personal lie and the answer is not an immigration issue.

In other words, you lied about something thats not that important to immigration. So I dont think they will care.

I dont see it as a reason for your visa to be denied. Try to relax. Be honest for sure.

I can tell you that lies like this can easily be ignored by the officer....you are not lying about your past history of doing something that would make you inadmissible...and by the way, even that can be forgiven with a waiver.....

Even a person who lies about something that would make them inadmissible often will get slapped with needing a waiver, but the lie about the issue will be ignored or can be waived with the same waiver.

Your issue is not any of these types of issues.....it just speaks to immaturity, that is NOT grounds for in admission to the USA lol!!!

Good luck!

Edited by averageguy6

Timeline

Wow! I want to print screen your comment and read every hour, makes me feel that nothing to worry about my situation. Thank you! I will see how it goes, but if the CO ask about this I'm ready and confident to answer the truth. And I really hope it's not a problem at all.

Timeline

Hey quenie just relax... CO will obviously ask you if your fiancé knows about that you gave birth...and just tell him the truth that he is aware about it... Thats might save you... Thats good sign that you and your fiance able to resolve it before your interview.. Im proud of your fiance for giving you a chance to explain your side...

Just wonder how long you guys have known each other... Just curious...

And hey girl... I believe you can do it... Cheer up...

I was nervous too when i had my interview but i relaxed when i talked with consul as i can sense that everything is fine got exactly what they need and just answer their question...

They only gonna ask you many question about your child if shes traveling with you...

Your answer is just to verify your application if your answer match with what you have stated in your application or in documents...

Who knows consul might not gonna ask you that if he wont see doctors comment...

All as USIC concern really if you passed your medical exam...

In my own opinion... Well i hope you for the BEST...

Good luck again....

im single parent too but from the beginning of our relationship with my husband i told him everything including the worst things that i did and happened to me. Being more open to ur partner makes him/her trust u more. My husband lied to me with his education(lucky the CO didnt ask me about it) i didnt know the truth until i came to US. he has been hiding about it for 3yrs of our marriage cuz he is also afraid that i might not accept him. Ofcoirse i was really upset for not being honest but i had forgiven him because i love him...But i tell u, no matter how bad ur past was, be honest about it... if ur partner loves u, he will accept for who u are and what u hav in life. And theres no secrets that will be kept forever, the truth always prevails. Pray and at desame time ask forgiveness to God for lying, God will answer ur prayers. Have faith in Him! Godbless ur interview! My daughters interview will be on 5th just a day ahead to urs:)

Timeline

Thanks again! When I told my fiancee about it he was surprised and disappointed why I lied to him, and I knew he will. He felt deceived and lied to and I am very sorry about it. When our relationship begins I was really find a timing to tell him about it because I have to, but in my mind "how can I tell him?" "How will I start to tell him about it?" I was confused, and I just hope it never affect this in the visa process. But I was wrong, I'd ###### up during my medical so then after that I told him about it, and I explained to him from the beginning until why it takes longer I tell him about this. And He totally understand my situation before, and having a child its not a problem for him. So I was very thankful for and he never give up. He loves me with all his heart and I was so touch. I was just really afraid in the beginning and over think the situation. We known for each other 10 months He visited me 2times in my place. And we are one of those who want to be together, live together, being with each other everyday cos being away from your love one is hard. And I been praying for this that I will go home from interview happy and being together with your love that you crave for. I can do this, and I am excited to it. And I will relax for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.