tnh9479

An interesting Arabic Movie to see, "Hello America"

22 posts in this topic

You can only get it on the DISH network as a special package. That was Hicham's treat when he got his new job.

Twila

P.S. I think I might be resorting to French to speak to his family too!

I wish Majid's family spoke French! Of course, then I'd have *no* motivation to learn Arabic or Berber. But I'm going to focus on the Arabic, as it seems more useful than Berber :hehe:

Sharon

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

You can only get it on the DISH network as a special package. That was Hicham's treat when he got his new job.

Twila

P.S. I think I might be resorting to French to speak to his family too!

I wish Majid's family spoke French! Of course, then I'd have *no* motivation to learn Arabic or Berber. But I'm going to focus on the Arabic, as it seems more useful than Berber :hehe:

Sharon

I think I am going to be getting DISH network so I can get ART. Maybe I will even learn more Arabic by watching it. LOL, I actually studied French for a few years . . . does this mean that if I go to Morocco, that I would be understood? I also have that movie "Hideous Kinky" on DVD, so I think I better watch it again for the scenery.

So many things to do!!!

Catherine

I'm the opposite. I found Arabic easier because I don't already have sounds associated with the letters. French is so hard for me because it's like they take all of our letters, add in about 20 extra of every vowel, throw them up in the air, and when the letters come down they're in a bunch of 2 and 3 letter words that are pronounced as one long word, with none of the sounds we associate with those letters. I know it really isn't that bad, and some French words I don't have any trouble with, but it has just come hard to me.

LMAO! So thats why my southern drawl wont work with French!

I know what you mean about Arabic being easier, though. Originally I was dead-set on learning French because I would pick it up faster, since Arabic looked more like spahgetti-o's than words. I was way wrong, not only did my mastery (or lack there-of) of English work against me, but so did my Spanish skills. After a year's worth of trying all I can muster is "Le poisson mange le autobus".

Once I gave up on French, Arabic seems to pose little problem. I guess I figured I couldnt butcher it any worse than French.

I know what you mean about Arabic being easier, though. Originally I was dead-set on learning French because I would pick it up faster, since Arabic looked more like spahgetti-o's than words. I was way wrong, not only did my mastery (or lack there-of) of English work against me, but so did my Spanish skills. After a year's worth of trying all I can muster is "Le poisson mange le autobus".

Once I gave up on French, Arabic seems to pose little problem. I guess I figured I couldnt butcher it any worse than French.

Where are you in the south? I'm in Savannah Georgia, but the only person even close to me on here is Georgia Peach, and she's over 1 hour away. We seem to work such different shifts that meeting has been impossible. It would be nice if we had enough of us around here to actually have a meet-up.

By the way, I was looking at your pictures and noticed you have such long slender fingers! I played piano and always dreamed of long slender fingers that could actually reach the long stretches of more than an octave. I finally gave up on it years ago. Do you happen to play? If not, too bad. With those fingers you could be a virtuoso. Yeah, I know, I notice weird things. Sorry.

Where are you in the south? I'm in Savannah Georgia, but the only person even close to me on here is Georgia Peach, and she's over 1 hour away. We seem to work such different shifts that meeting has been impossible. It would be nice if we had enough of us around here to actually have a meet-up.

By the way, I was looking at your pictures and noticed you have such long slender fingers! I played piano and always dreamed of long slender fingers that could actually reach the long stretches of more than an octave. I finally gave up on it years ago. Do you happen to play? If not, too bad. With those fingers you could be a virtuoso. Yeah, I know, I notice weird things. Sorry.

Ahm frum Texus. I live in Cleburne, about 20 minutes south of Fort Worth. However, I grew up in Greenville, Texas about 45 minutes northeast of Dallas. A meeting sounds like a fantastic idea! Id even be willing to drive a couple of hours if others are amenable to finding a "central point".

I never noticed how slender my fingers are until now, LOL. Thank you for the compliment, Im tickled pink to hear you say it. Yes, I do know how to play the piano, although I have not practiced in years. My mother has promised me her beautiful piano as a sort of wedding present, so I suppose I should brush up a bit. Ironically I have always wanted to play the violin, but never got around to it.

Ahm frum Texus. I live in Cleburne, about 20 minutes south of Fort Worth. However, I grew up in Greenville, Texas about 45 minutes northeast of Dallas. A meeting sounds like a fantastic idea! Id even be willing to drive a couple of hours if others are amenable to finding a "central point".

I never noticed how slender my fingers are until now, LOL. Thank you for the compliment, Im tickled pink to hear you say it. Yes, I do know how to play the piano, although I have not practiced in years. My mother has promised me her beautiful piano as a sort of wedding present, so I suppose I should brush up a bit. Ironically I have always wanted to play the violin, but never got around to it.

Yeah, I noticed Texas on your profile right after I posted that. I'm afraid we're about 19 hours apart. My grandmother lived in Stephenson for years and we actually drove out for her funeral. That was a very long ride.

I'm still hoping we can find somebody that is a little closer so Abdel could make some friends. Of course he seems to be doing ok at that anyway, and he always tells me, I don't need friends here, I have you, but I know he could use some male companionship too. My youngest son was over last night for dinner and he was really enjoying having a guy to talk to for once.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hidious Kinkey...the daughters are so so so beautiful!

Sarah and Otman

Naturalization interview: August 25th

Oath Ceremony: September 17th!!! woo hoo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.