3,165 posts in this topic

Hi,

F2B CATEGORY, PD 20 JULY 2008 (INDIA). Haven't heard a thing from NVC. Can anyone help?

U gonna heard soon because they are working on Jan 1st 2008, so u must be collecting all the documents tha NVC required so when they ask for them u have it and its faster..

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

My Priority Date : Jan 2009 in F2B category (India).

Current PD is : Nov 2007

When can I expect to get a letter from NVC? My current status shows case pending with NVC.

Thanks

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

PD- Jan 2009.

Current PD - Nov 2007

When can I expect NVC to contact me for further correspondence? Currently, status of the case shows pending with NVC.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

Since NVC is mostly moving towards the electronic processing - for beneficiaries in India - do they require submission of originals like Birth Cert, PCC, at NVC or you just scan the copies and bring originals and copies at Consulate?

Also, how likely applicants in India are getting AP(221(g)) for unknown reasons... I'm not referring 221(g) issued for missing documents etc...

Thank you stepmedina for sharing this info with us.

Puru - You're going for F2B to F1 opt-out. Did you finally did it and/or got approved for that? Would you mind sharing experience, and process for applicants/beneficiaries in India?

I received by July 30th and i submitted on August 1st.. And by August 5th i receive AOS fee and 15 days later IV fee...

Visa bulletin of July 2014 has F2B cut-off date of 01MAY07, where as your PD is Jan 2, 2008; so your PD was almost 8 months away when they sent you choice of agent form. Is that mostly the case?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Since NVC is mostly moving towards the electronic processing - for beneficiaries in India - do they require submission of originals like Birth Cert, PCC, at NVC or you just scan the copies and bring originals and copies at Consulate?

Also, how likely applicants in India are getting AP(221(g)) for unknown reasons... I'm not referring 221(g) issued for missing documents etc...

Puru - You're going for F2B to F1 opt-out. Did you finally did it and/or got approved for that? Would you mind sharing experience, and process for applicants/beneficiaries in India?

Visa bulletin of July 2014 has F2B cut-off date of 01MAY07, where as your PD is Jan 2, 2008; so your PD was almost 8 months away when they sent you choice of agent form. Is that mostly the case?

No, you can send scanned copies of documents to NVC but an applicant must bring the original ones at the time of interview. It is to verify by consular at the embassy or consulate during interview.

I haven't seen any one in India whose case goes to Administration Processing after the interview. It mostly happen with Pakistan's citizens but not with Indians unless ur not handy with the required document or missed something which is really important to show during the interview.

No, I am not looking a solution to move from F2B to F1, because I am already an F1. Actually, as per CSPA Opt-Out rule I wana go back to F2B from F1 but I am unable to find any solution to do that change. It seems very confusing and with lot of obstacles, its quite easier to convert from F2B to F1 though. I mean, in that process all you need to write an e-mail to NVC with attached scanned copy of Naturalization Certificate of Petitioner and you become F1 in just few days. But, this Opt-out seems very confusing and unclear to make it happen. Meanwhile, I am watching F2B very closely, I doubt there would be any retrogression happen in near future in this category as it is moving very fast.

Yes, it is a normal time to approach an applicant. Generally, NVC sends COA to an applicant about 9 or 8 months before they believe to make their cases will get current in Visa Bulletin as per their budgeting while allocating the visa numbers.

By the way, Whats ur Priority Date and category and which country you belong? Share some info with us, you seem to be a newbie to us.

Edited by puru444

Filed: Timeline

No, you can send scanned copies of documents to NVC but an applicant must bring the original ones at the time of interview. It is to verify by consular at the embassy or consulate during interview.

I haven't seen any one in India whose case goes to Administration Processing after the interview. It mostly happen with Pakistan's citizens but not with Indians unless ur not handy with the required document or missed something which is really important to show during the interview.

No, I am not looking a solution to move from F2B to F1, because I am already an F1. Actually, as per CSPA Opt-Out rule I wana go back to F2B from F1 but I am unable to find any solution to do that change. It seems very confusing and with lot of obstacles, its quite easier to convert from F2B to F1 though. I mean, in that process all you need to write an e-mail to NVC with attached scanned copy of Naturalization Certificate of Petitioner and you become F1 in just few days. But, this Opt-out seems very confusing and unclear to make it happen. Meanwhile, I am watching F2B very closely, I doubt there would be any retrogression happen in near future in this category as it is moving very fast.

Yes, it is a normal time to approach an applicant. Generally, NVC sends COA to an applicant about 9 or 8 months before they believe to make their cases will get current in Visa Bulletin as per their budgeting while allocating the visa numbers.

By the way, Whats ur Priority Date and category and which country you belong? Share some info with us, you seem to be a newbie to us.

Thanks puru for detailed response. I’m USC and not in any category but I’m helping my aunt (who is not very educated and doesn’t have any support from very immediate relatives in here) bring her two sons (my cousins). They are currently F2B with PD Jan 25, 2009. Also aunt has applied for naturalization and hence I was asking for F1 to F2B (I switched the order in my previous post). They will go to Mumbai consulate.

Thanks puru for detailed response. I’m USC and not in any category but I’m helping my aunt (who is not very educated and doesn’t have any support from very immediate relatives in here) bring her two sons (my cousins). They are currently F2B with PD Jan 25, 2009. Also aunt has applied for naturalization and hence I was asking for F1 to F2B (I switched the order in my previous post). They will go to Mumbai consulate.

Hi, so your aunt want to move from F2B to F1? Look by the moment F2B are moving faster than F1... F2B have like 5 months away from F1 and predictions said that it gonna cn¿ontinue moving faster than F1

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hiii! Im f2b Jan/2/2008... I already pay all the fees im on my 45day of 60 (AOS) but not heard nothing from NVC... Just a few days ago i fill my DS-260 on Oct 7 and on Oct 8 i send the Civil Documents (IV Package)... I hope i have CC for December that is when my priority date become current!

Hi stepmedina,

People are receiving interview letters in other categories. What about you??

Hi stepmedina,

People are receiving interview letters in other categories. What about you??

Not yet. first i have to get CC and then wait for the IL.. I think i ll wait for january

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi,

F2B CATEGORY, PD 20 JULY 2008 (INDIA). Haven't heard a thing from NVC. Can anyone help?

Hey Chubbs,

Its 01 Apr 08 in January bulletin. You are very near to get current, have you receive Choice of Agent form and other forms like DS-260 etc. ????

Guys please respond in this thread. Its been a long time no F2B seem to be active.

Timeline

Not yet. first i have to get CC and then wait for the IL.. I think i ll wait for january

Hi Stepmedina,

Its been more than a month, I hope ur case has been completed by now. You already gt current in December bulletin, so have you done with the interview or yet to attend and busy with paperwork?? Do share some info with us please.

Hi Stepmedina,

Its been more than a month, I hope ur case has been completed by now. You already gt current in December bulletin, so have you done with the interview or yet to attend and busy with paperwork?? Do share some info with us please.

Yes, but no CC yet.. I receive a checklist on Nov 5th for AOS so i have to wait 60 more daysss... Im just anxious..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.