3,165 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

This thread is to track the updates of all F2B Queue.

Lets share about our progress like

- Priority Date

- Documentation and other matters

- Interview Letter status

- Interview Experience

- Day you received your visa etc

- and anything like questions, queries, updates related to F2B category.

Thanks

Edited by Zayed Khan

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello Zayed Khan,

My PD is June 2007.

Is ther any F2B applicants on VisaJourney site. How is it going for other F2B's, whats the status of ILs and Interviews, and approvals. Do update.

Edited by G_One

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
hello there,
I just sent all the civil documents, for 3 months and I received an email said that all documents are correct and nothing is missing.
also forms aos.
but until now I have not received.

Priority Date: 27Apr2007

Category: F2B

i wait a letter from nvc for case complete.

thank you for your reply

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI! My name is april from the Philippines and my priority date is 12MARCH2010 with preference category of F2B.

The Consulate sent me a letter last September 2010 regarding my Case number.

I would like to ask because i just saw in the US consulate website regarding the ff:

One Year Contact Requirement

After you receive notification that the NVC is processing your case, you must contact them at least once a year. If you do not contact the NVC for one year, all documents and fees on your case will expire and you must resubmit them to resume processing.

If my parents wasn't able to follow up then that means that my petition is now invalid.?

attached is the NVC's message when i checked my case status, what does it mean literally.?

It really makes me sad. can anyone please help me with this.

I am currently living and working in Dubai would it be possible to forward my petition from the philippines to here.?

I will wait for anyone's help. Please kindly reply. Thank you very much.

post-189379-0-24811500-1405353395_thumb.jpg

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone received RFE on their case? Specifically for father/daughter?

I have a question: My brother has been very lackadaisical in getting the required docs for his case, I work 8-5 and he's currently unemployed, yet I have to be the one making phone calls and taking time off from work to track down records. I'm the oldest, and on better terms with my father tho my brother is named after him. What are the chances my petition is approved and my brother's isn't? I have more proof than he does (because of his laziness, I tried to help but most places ask for the person who the record concerns to show up with ID.)

I'm nervous that once we send the reply, even tho we did the DNA test, his case may be denied because of insufficient proof, which may or may not impact my own :/

Edited by phoenyxx

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My brother's priority date is JULY 31, 2007, I called NVC yesterday and case was completed last Thursday, now waiting for interview letter until priority date is current. Visa bulletin for the month of August is showing JUL.1 2007, so I am guessing to hear from NVC on or before September. :innocent:

**Helping my brother with his F2A visa petition for his wife in Ecuador*

USCIS PROCESS

• 3/24/15 - sent I-130 package via FedEx priority
  • 4/04/15 - NOA1 received
  • 5/07/15 - NOA2 received **Priority date 3/25/15**
  • 6/09/15 - NVC email with case & invoice # (no further processing until case is current)
  • 1/20/16 - NVC welcome letter rcvd , along with AOS invoice
  • 1/21/16 - Agent of choice sent
  • 2/02/16 - IV Fee invoice rcvd
  • 2/05/16 - Paid AOS & IV Fees
  • 2/10/16 - DS-260 completed and submitted
  • 2/10/16 - AOS & Civil supporting docs sent to NVC via FedEx
  • 2/12/16 - docs arrived to NVC
  • 2/17/16 - NVC Scan Date (letter via email stating all docs rcvd on 2/12 , will take 30 days to review docs.)
  • 3/15/16 - Case Complete via phone
  • 3/22/16 - Case Complete via email
  • xx/xx/xx Interview Date Received
  • xx/xx/xx NVC shipped out case to Embassy
  • Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Medical Completed
  • xx/xx/xx Package received at Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Interview result
  • xx/xx/xx Visa in hand
  • 3/18/16 ...<---to this date April Visa bulletin currently processing 10/22/14 - F2A category (5 months till PD is current)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey guys! :)

I have a question, the country my parents petitioned me is Philippines my priority date is March2010, i am now currently working in Dubai, UAE, I would like to ask if it is possible to forward my petition here in UAE..?? will it be faster since there is less people filing for immigrant petition from here than Philippines right..??

I will wait for anyone's advice. ^_^

Thank you so much!

April

Timeline

HI! My name is april from the Philippines and my priority date is 12MARCH2010 with preference category of F2B.

The Consulate sent me a letter last September 2010 regarding my Case number.

I would like to ask because i just saw in the US consulate website regarding the ff:

One Year Contact Requirement

After you receive notification that the NVC is processing your case, you must contact them at least once a year. If you do not contact the NVC for one year, all documents and fees on your case will expire and you must resubmit them to resume processing.

If my parents wasn't able to follow up then that means that my petition is now invalid.?

attached is the NVC's message when i checked my case status, what does it mean literally.?

It really makes me sad. can anyone please help me with this.

I am currently living and working in Dubai would it be possible to forward my petition from the philippines to here.?

I will wait for anyone's help. Please kindly reply. Thank you very much.

Dont get disheartened, Just email the NVC right away once for some query, that should be fine.

Just in case you didnt contact NVC for more than 1 year before your case was completed, then they will ask you to pay the fee and submit the documents again, however your application will be active and processed as usual after submitting the docs and fees.

Hey guys! :)

I have a question, the country my parents petitioned me is Philippines my priority date is March2010, i am now currently working in Dubai, UAE, I would like to ask if it is possible to forward my petition here in UAE..?? will it be faster since there is less people filing for immigrant petition from here than Philippines right..??

I will wait for anyone's advice. ^_^

Thank you so much!

April

It only takes into account country where you have citizenship or something like that.. if you are in some other country as a visitor/work permit it doesnt take you out of the Phil queue. However you can take your interview in other countries, but I am not sure of the rules for that.

The above are as per my limited knowledge, do your own research from authoritative sources too :idea:

Timeline

Hi everyone!

My brother's priority date is JULY 31, 2007, I called NVC yesterday and case was completed last Thursday, now waiting for interview letter until priority date is current. Visa bulletin for the month of August is showing JUL.1 2007, so I am guessing to hear from NVC on or before September. :innocent:

I am pretty confident that the next F2B PD will jump to 14Aug 2007, so he may be getting the Interview Letter soon, try calling the nvc after a week if you dont get the IL in the meanwhile.

see the predictions here

http://blog.mygcvisa.com/

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi Cynthia, can u share how long it took nvc from reviewing your documents to completing your case. thanks. nvc received by documents on July 1st. my priority date is August 2006.

hi Cynthia, can u share how long it took

nvc from receiving your documents to

completing your case. thanks. nvc

received by documents on July 1st. my

priority date is August 2006.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Mrmyrie:

See below the dates I have listed :

NVC process

8/31/09 - NVC Received case #GYQ..... brothers received notification letter in Ecuador

4/01/14 - NVC email with Invoice# , called and I was told to wait 15 days until they enter case in their system

4/22/14 - NVC email with Invoice ID & Beneficiary #

4/22/14 - received DS261 via email and submitted online same day

4/23/14 - AOS bill issued but unable to pay online, called NVC they said to wait few days

4/29/14 - DS260 bill received

5/01/14 - AOS bill shows online, paid bill.

5/01/14 - AOS package sent via FedEx 2 day

5/02/14 - DS260 bill paid

5/05/14 - DS260 documents sent via FedEx 3 day service

5/05/14 - AOS I864 documents arrived to NVC per Fedex tracking information

5/06/14 - AOD & DS-260 bill shows "PAID"

5/06/14 - DS-260 form submitted online

5/08/14 - DS-260 documents arrive at NVC via FedEx

5/30/14 - Checklist email for I864A (Part 1 Item #4 - place of residence was in blank)

5/30/14 - false checklist for DS-260 documents

6/02/14 - checklist with new I864A sent via FedEx

6/03/14 - called NVC regarding fake checklist, they are reviewing documents

6/04/14 - checklist arrived at NVC

6/16/14 - NVC entered checklist in the system, will take 30 days to review documents

7/17/14 - Case completed at NVC!!!

7/24/14 - email from NVC case completed , waiting for interview letter .

**Helping my brother with his F2A visa petition for his wife in Ecuador*

USCIS PROCESS

• 3/24/15 - sent I-130 package via FedEx priority
  • 4/04/15 - NOA1 received
  • 5/07/15 - NOA2 received **Priority date 3/25/15**
  • 6/09/15 - NVC email with case & invoice # (no further processing until case is current)
  • 1/20/16 - NVC welcome letter rcvd , along with AOS invoice
  • 1/21/16 - Agent of choice sent
  • 2/02/16 - IV Fee invoice rcvd
  • 2/05/16 - Paid AOS & IV Fees
  • 2/10/16 - DS-260 completed and submitted
  • 2/10/16 - AOS & Civil supporting docs sent to NVC via FedEx
  • 2/12/16 - docs arrived to NVC
  • 2/17/16 - NVC Scan Date (letter via email stating all docs rcvd on 2/12 , will take 30 days to review docs.)
  • 3/15/16 - Case Complete via phone
  • 3/22/16 - Case Complete via email
  • xx/xx/xx Interview Date Received
  • xx/xx/xx NVC shipped out case to Embassy
  • Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Medical Completed
  • xx/xx/xx Package received at Embassy
  • xx/xx/xx Interview result
  • xx/xx/xx Visa in hand
  • 3/18/16 ...<---to this date April Visa bulletin currently processing 10/22/14 - F2A category (5 months till PD is current)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is there anyone here who knows or has done this: opt out of FB1 category and move back to F2B category ?

Phillipines applicants should be familiar with this, since their F2B PD was ahead of FB1 Priority date. Can someone give some info on how to go about it please respond soon :help: ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.