Hypnos

General FAQ: Filing for Adjustment of Status

47 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please guys i am about to file my application for adjustment of status but i wanted to know if i could include my sponsors W2 instead of his Tax Returns because he hasnt filed his Returns for this year yet.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I was hoping to get some ideas from the forum in or clarifications. 

First off about me. I am a US citizen that got his Citizenship from his dad. I was born in 1985 in Colombia and the process was rather painless in 1999 when I first moved here 

My fiancé is a visa b2 holder. We first met in September 2018 and have traveled back-and-forth during our almost 1 year relationship.  We  plan on getting married in February 2019 (wedding ceremony)  and would like to begin our life together immediately after. 

My question begins in regards to her visa should she be applying for a fiancée visa or she can use her visitor be to visa while we are in the process of getting married. The second question would be where/when we should get married and under what condition/visa, we are having the wedding ceremony in February in Colombia and would like to get things straightened out as much as possible by then since we plan to begin our life together right after the wedding (Feb 2019). 

In regards to sponsorship I am single soon to be married, never married before, making over six figures. Neither of us have kids.

My sincere appreciation in advance

D

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2018 at 1:31 AM, Marypinay06 said:

I used to be a trainee on a j1 visa and then now i got married to my fiancee and now were filing or doing the forms by ourselves we didn't hire a lawyer to save money.Anyone who had the same experience as me who could me help or walk me through the process. I would appreciate all your help.

Thanks,

Mary

Hey, you can dm me anytime and I will give you any advice I can. Ok? I am almost done with my process. I will be sending in my adjustment of status tomorrow. Finally got my waiver after two years of trying with a lawyer. But I got a lot of experience from the process.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I entered on an ESTA and was already going through the K1 process, which is at the final stages (petition approved and sent to US embassy). However, due to few issues that have recently occurred, I’m thinking about abandoning the K1, getting married and filing for Adjustment of status before my 90 days on the ESTA is up. I was also advised to do this by an immigration attorney.
Questions - Has anyone else done something similar? Would I need to advise on the adjustment that we had a K1 case which we abandoned? How can I prove that we spontaneously got married? Thanks in advance. 

• 1 month later...

*** one hijack post split from thread

VJ Moderation 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have so many questions. Please feel free to refer me to any thread or post or copy paste the answer to this post or inbox me.

My fiance entered the USA on a K1 Visa on Jan 7th 2020. Our 90days is up on April 1, 2020. We are getting married in the court Jan 17th 2020... with that being said here are my questions:

1) The 765 EAD (Working Permit Application Form) does it only allow someone to work within the 90 days of the K1?

2) I wanted to file the EAD (I-765) and the AOS (I-485) together. What is the exact address that I send it to and how do I find the list of accompanied fees to pay for each form? If filed together when how long does the EAD last and when will it expire?

3) When is my fiance allowed to apply for a SSN and driver's license? Does AOS need to be processed before SSN? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/13/2020 at 6:10 AM, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I have so many questions. Please feel free to refer me to any thread or post or copy paste the answer to this post or inbox me.

My fiance entered the USA on a K1 Visa on Jan 7th 2020. Our 90days is up on April 1, 2020. We are getting married in the court Jan 17th 2020... with that being said here are my questions:

1) The 765 EAD (Working Permit Application Form) does it only allow someone to work within the 90 days of the K1?

2) I wanted to file the EAD (I-765) and the AOS (I-485) together. What is the exact address that I send it to and how do I find the list of accompanied fees to pay for each form? If filed together when how long does the EAD last and when will it expire?

3) When is my fiance allowed to apply for a SSN and driver's license? Does AOS need to be processed before SSN? 

I only need help answering question #3

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good Morning y'all,

Please can someone tell me the vaccines I need to take for my Adjustment of Status application? 

I just got a letter requesting for medical examination and there are a lot of vaccines in the form I-963. 

Please which vaccines should i take?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 7/5/2020 at 5:40 AM, Larryholmes said:

Good Morning y'all,

Please can someone tell me the vaccines I need to take for my Adjustment of Status application? 

I just got a letter requesting for medical examination and there are a lot of vaccines in the form I-963. 

Please which vaccines should i take?

Thanks

The Civil Surgeon will know which ones you need based on your age, vaccination records, and technical guidelines. You can read more information here: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements and here: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/technical-instructions-civil-surgeons.html

The vaccines required can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Look for your age range and check which vaccines are need for your age range. 

My current Timeline:

June 9, 2020 - Form I-130 filed electronically through USCIS.gov

June 10, 2020 - Form I-130 Accepted

June 11, 2020 - Form I-130 I-797 PDF available for download with priority date of June 9, 2020

June 16, 2020 - Mailed I-485 packet* along with I-131 and I-765

June 18, 2020 - USPS confirms packet delivered

July 20, 2020 - Credit Card charged

July 27, 2020 - I-797 letters received for I-485, I-765, and I-131 with a received date of June 18, 2020

August 10, 2020 - Notice of RFE for I-485 mailed. 

August 13, 2020 -  Red RFE notice received via mail. Notice requested proof of residence for 864A sponsor. 

August 13, 2020 - Mailed RFE response to USCIS**

August 17, 2020 - USPS confirms that RFE response was delivered

August 18, 2020 - USCIS Notification confirming receipt of response for RFE

September 24, 2020 - Received I-693 Deficiency Notice

January 19, 2021 - Form I-130 Approved and notice sent to beneficiary with notice available immediately online

January 22, 2021 - Form I-130 Approval Notice received by mail

January 29, 2021 - Biometrics notice received for the I-485 and I-765 dated for February 17. 2020 at 1pm

February 17, 2021 - Code 3 Biometrics taken for I-485 and I-765. Case updated to show biometrics applied to both I-485 and I-765 the same night. 

February 18, 2021 - I-485 case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 

April 19, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "New Card is Being Produced"

April 20, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 case status changed to "Case was approved"  

April 22, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

April 23, 2021 - Approval notices received for I-131 and I-765 via mail

April 23, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Picked Up By The United States Postal Service" with a delivery date set to Monday, April 26, 2021, by 9:00 PM

April 26, 2021 - I-765 case status changed to "Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office" and card picked up in mail box

April 29, 2021 - Visit to Social Security Administration for SSN Card

May 4, 2021 - SSN Card arrives in the mail 

December 20, 2021 - Send I-765 and I-131 Renewal via FedEx

December 22, 2021 - I-765 and I-131 Renewal received in Chicago

December 30, 2021 - I-797 notice received for I-765 and I-131

May 24, 2022 - AOS Interview Sacramento

May 26, 2022 - Status updated to "New Card is being produced" Green Card Approved. 

*Packet was mailed without I-693 medical. Will wait for an RFE and take it to the interview. Also, tax transcripts were not available at the time so copies of the tax returns were sent and a cover letter explaining why. 

**Included tax transcripts in RFE response since I was now able to gain access since sending the application. 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/28/2020 at 4:19 PM, E_pluribus_unum said:

The Civil Surgeon will know which ones you need based on your age, vaccination records, and technical guidelines. You can read more information here: https://www.uscis.gov/tools/designated-civil-surgeons/vaccination-requirements and here: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/technical-instructions-civil-surgeons.html

The vaccines required can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Look for your age range and check which vaccines are need for your age range. 

Hi everyone. I have some general questions about AOS and hope you can help. My husband and I had an interview scheduled for April 17th for the C1 VISA but it was cancelled. He is here with me in USA and we have been waiting for interviews to reschedule and not looking real promising. We are considering AOS but wondering if we are eligible. And how long it will take? Do you have to file in a certain amount of time? Before your days are up? I realize we will basically be starting over but he’s be able to stay here with me wouldn’t he while we wait for approval? Any information is appreciated. Thank you 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi, 

Need urgent help! I am the US Citizen, - my husband is canadian and in the US currently on a TN-work visa. We just filed the i-130/AOS  concurrent package this past week to chicago lockbox. Received UPS delivery confirmation but no receipt notice from USCIS. 

Realized we made one minor mistake. At the time of filing, I was an unemployed student so we had a joint sponsor complete the i-864 affidavit of support (my father/his father-in-law). But I see on the USCIS site it says even if you have a joint sponsor, the petitioner must still submit an i-864 along with whoever is the joint sponsor. Is there any way I can submit my i-864 now? I don’t want them to reject the whole thing because of this - should I submit the form now (late/separate from whole package) or wait til receipt from UCIS and then contact them about it?

Not sure how to proceed. Thanks in advance! 

@SMBH I do not think that the whole filing will be rejected. (Though, it's possible). Most likely, you will get an RFE down the line asking you to submit your I-864. I would just wait for the RFE. Either way, you will know soon enough if you included the G-1145 form to get a text notification. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

18 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@SMBH I do not think that the whole filing will be rejected. (Though, it's possible). Most likely, you will get an RFE down the line asking you to submit your I-864. I would just wait for the RFE. Either way, you will know soon enough if you included the G-1145 form to get a text notification. 

Thank you for the reply! I did include the g1145 - is there any way to send them additional forms or explain what happened  before they reject it or before they send an RFE? I’d rather send now then wait months, possibly delaying it longer or even being rejected. I tried calling the USCIS # but couldn’t connect with a human 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.