Kathy and Jesse

Suggestions for labs to conduct DNA testing

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, we are planning to resubmit a 1-130 petition for my step-daughter as our first petition was denied. This time we plan to have the DNA testing done first and submit the DNA results with our petition. So we are doing this alone without USCIS requesting it. Has any onedone this before? If so can you recommend a reputble company that can do the testing for us. We are planning to travel to the Philippines the first part of June and would like to have it already set up so that we can have my step- daughters done while we are there. Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

What good is a DNA profile for a step-daughter (who is totally unrelated to you by blood)? Like I said in your other post, DNA proves blood relationship and not the degree of relation (mother-daughter or siblings)

Port of Entry : Los Angeles
POE Date : 2013-05-23
Married: 2013-09-16

Adjustment of Status
CIS Office : Dallas TX
Date Filed : 2014-03-24
NOA Date : 2014-04-02
Bio. Appt. : 2014-04-24
Testing and Interview : 2014-05-06
Interview Appt. : 2014-11-24. APPROVED.

Removal of Conditions

CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2016-08-29
NOA Date : 2016-09 -01
Bio. Appt. : 2016-10 -13
Testing and Interview : 2016- -
Interview Appt. : 2016- - .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The USCIS doesnt believe that she is my daughter.. she had a problem with her BC. My parents was lsited as her parents instead of me the biological mother. We got it fixed and the USCIS wants more proof.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

why don't you seek for an immigration attorney to help you with these matter, you are Filipina right? aren't you watching atty.Gurfinkel show on TFC he helps a lot of Filipinos having hard time on their petitions just a suggestion... God bless and good luck on your petition. :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah i think he is but worth it naman kasi if you sum it up lahat ng gagastusin mo baka mas malaki pa magastos mo kesa mag file ka without an atty., you can call their offices madami silang office just look at their web site, good luck.

Kathy please consult a lawyer . This is not a DYI case. You can't provide/submit a DNA test result unless requested by USCIS or the embassy.

January 18, 2012 - N400 sent

Biometrics waived

April 25, 2012 - interview/ same day oath ... officially a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If you do choose to DNA testing make absolutely sure you absolutely do not obtain just a maternity test as this only proves you share DNA with the child which will mean nothing as you also share DNA with your sister. A maternity test WILL NOT establish that you are the mother of the child and not her sister. The lab will have to do special testing to determine the difference between sister and child.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.