Marilyn.

Brokeback Mountain in 30 Seconds

20 posts in this topic

the whole "gay cowboy" theme doesn't set well with me. if i want to watch gay people, i want to watch them in something like ... broadway shows .... or rock bands. .... something that doesn't give me the heebie-jeebies :mellow:

I don't know. I think it was a good movie. Didn't bother me.

Right, because gay people are only useful as the cute singing-and-dancing kinds of queers!

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Filed: Timeline

the whole "gay cowboy" theme doesn't set well with me. if i want to watch gay people, i want to watch them in something like ... broadway shows .... or rock bands. .... something that doesn't give me the heebie-jeebies :mellow:

I don't know. I think it was a good movie. Didn't bother me.

it must have been good to have won so many oscars ... and really, that was the first i'd ever seen/heard of it. i guess what bothered me the most were the "strowng cuuntree acsaynts" (strong country accents) .... i hear them enough on the street ... i watch movies for escapism :whistle:

Edited by nijusjaanu

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

anyway Marilyn the bunnies are hilarious as always!!

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Right, because gay people are only useful as the cute singing-and-dancing kinds of queers!

:lol: good line ther pax..

i always enjoy the bunnies :thumbs:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
owl-lold_tb.jpg

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

it didn't bother me, I just didn't like the movie.

And to think michelle williams got nominated for an oscar from it? Ugh. no way - she said like 4 words

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ahhhhh Bunnies always funnnnny :lol:

09/05/2005 Met Tik thru my brothers Thai Wife

12/01/2005 First meeting in Thailand

12/12/2005 Returned to the USA

12/13/2005 I-129F mailed express mail to TSC

12/15/2005 TSC Recived paperwork

12/21/2005 Noa-1

12/27/2005 Noa-1 recieved snail mail dated Dec 21 transfered to CSC

03/14/2006 NOA 2

03/16/2006 Medical, Police report and postal fee paid.

03/21/2006 NVC Sent to Bangkok

03/24/2006 Bangkok gets package tracked online with DHL

03/27/2006 Mailed in packet 3

04/04/2006 Interview assigned May 22 2006

05/22/2006 Interview day... delayed Approval because of FBI NAME CHECK

05/26/2006 VISA RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!

05/27/2006 POE LAX ..MY BABY IN AMERICA!!!!

06/17/2006 Wedding DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! MARRIED!!!

06/19/2006 Applied for ssn

06/26/2006 Recieved SSN

AOS

08/03/2006 Sent AOS paperwork to Chicago lockbox

08/07/2006 Recived at Chicago

08/15/2006 NOA for 485 and 131

08/30/2006 Biometrics

08/30/2006 Notice Transfered to CSC.. Hello My old CSC Friends

9/26/06 Received Welcome Notice email

09/30/06 Green Card IN HAND

01/08/07 Pregnant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/26/07 Baby Here!!!!!

(\___/)

( ='.'= )

(")__(")

it didn't bother me, I just didn't like the movie.

And to think michelle williams got nominated for an oscar from it? Ugh. no way - she said like 4 words

I thought this was funny: Imdb Trivia

SPOILER: Ang Lee recounted in several interviews that when Michelle Williams needed to film a scene in which her character is devastated to discover that her husband is involved with another man, she asked Heath Ledger (her off-screen, as well as on-screen, love interest) and Jake Gyllenhaal to stand off camera and make out for her benefit. Ledger and Gyllenhaal agreed, and when she thought their kissing was not involved enough, she asked them to intensify it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

i wanna see it, but like i told my hubby.. if they are making out, i'm out of the room. i'm not against people being gay, but there is just something about men kissing each other that gives me the creeps :P

maybe i was scarred when i saw ben affleck kiss jason lee in chasing amy or something, dunno :P

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

i wanna see it, but like i told my hubby.. if they are making out, i'm out of the room. i'm not against people being gay, but there is just something about men kissing each other that gives me the creeps :P

maybe i was scarred when i saw ben affleck kiss jason lee in chasing amy or something, dunno :P

Oh there's some making-out business going on and some more but you don't really see "anything".

Really, I thought it was a nice love-story.