2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lain said:

Thank you so much, I got approved!:jest:

The questions I've been asked:

- Where lives your mom?

- What do I plan to do there? study or work?

- When I plan to go there?

- Where I gonna stay? Will I live with my mom?

- Why I want to go to live there?

And then explained, that when i'll receive a GC, if i'll overstay for more than a year in some other country, it'll become invalid and asked to come on Thursday to pick up documents:)

I'm soo happy, that finally it's over and wish you good luck guys too:)

Congrats Lain

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Lain said:

Thank you Tracy-->NY. I have a question for you. When you receive a GC, does it have term? Is it temporary like for 2 years? Or term is for 10 years?

For FB1 visa the green card you will get will be for 10 years, which is also the length of time of green card for beneficiary child(ren).  In 90 days before 5 years you can apply for citizenship for yourself (and child(ren) if applicable), once you have been in the US for at least 1/2 of that 5 year time, which to be on the safe side should be at least 6 months per year as I learnt from my mother experience when she was applying for citizenship.

Two year conditional green cards are for spouses who enter the US before their two year wedding anniversary.

My Journey

Priority Date: July 24, 2007 (EAC)

AOS fee paid: February 2013

Request embassy change: May 2013

Son born: September 2013 (added to petition March 2014)

Interview: March 17, 2015 (Joint sponsor needed)

Joint sponsor documents submitted: April 27, 2015

Visas approved and issued: April 30, 2015. Had to return to embassy to do oath for son :)

Visa in hand: May 5, 2015 (two working days after issued)

IV fees paid: August 10, 2015

POE: JFK - September 10, 2015 (one day before visa expiry date - No hassle)

Returned to Barbados: September 28, 2015

Green cards: October 5, 2015 :dancing:

Entered US permanently: March 22, 2016

Applied for SSNs: March 28, 2016 (didn't tick box on DS-260)

SSN received: April 4, 2016;

Learner's permit: April 7, 2016 (in NY you also have to do 5-hour class);

Driver's License: July 13, 2016 (on first try) :dancing:

Husband's Journey (F2A)

Married: September 2015

I-130 sent: October 8, 2015 (via USPS)

Priority date: October 9, 2015 (WAC)

Petition approved: March 8, 2016 (5 months to the date of receipt) :)

NVC Welcome Letter: May 13, 2016
AOS documents sent: August 8, 2016
Case complete: September 14, 2016 (the waiting continues
:clock:).

Interview:  October 5, 2017 (Approved - Issued following day :))

Visa in hand:  October 12, 2017

POE:  October 13, 2017

Green card:

SSN:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tracy-->NY said:

For FB1 visa the green card you will get will be for 10 years, which is also the length of time of green card for beneficiary child(ren).  In 90 days before 5 years you can apply for citizenship for yourself (and child(ren) if applicable), once you have been in the US for at least 1/2 of that 5 year time, which to be on the safe side should be at least 6 months per year as I learnt from my mother experience when she was applying for citizenship.

Two year conditional green cards are for spouses who enter the US before their two year wedding anniversary.

Oh great, thank you for the answer:)

Timeline
7 hours ago, Lain said:

Thank you so much, I got approved!:jest:

The questions I've been asked:

- Where lives your mom?

- What do I plan to do there? study or work?

- When I plan to go there?

- Where I gonna stay? Will I live with my mom?

- Why I want to go to live there?

And then explained, that when i'll receive a GC, if i'll overstay for more than a year in some other country, it'll become invalid and asked to come on Thursday to pick up documents:)

I'm soo happy, that finally it's over and wish you good luck guys too:)

Adding my congrats Lain:jest::jest:... I am really happy for you..

You and others have given such great advice and encouraging words.. THANK YOU:D

P.S Exotic princess you're next!:rolleyes:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jaymal said:

Thank you for nice and warm words, it made me smile:)

And you both with Exotic princess are next, who got interview dates. So wish you all the best and just know, that interview is just a formality, your visas are already waiting:dance:

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lain said:

Thank you for nice and warm words, it made me smile:)

And you both with Exotic princess are next, who got interview dates. So wish you all the best and just know, that interview is just a formality, your visas are already waiting:dance:

Fingers crossed and praying:D

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
10 hours ago, Lain said:

Oh yes:D

Good luck for your interview, even if you know, that all is well, but it's still nerve-wracking, like before exam. Glad, that it's over:D

Nerve wracking indeed and i too can't wait to say I am glad it's over. :)

3 hours ago, Jaymal said:

I sure am......nerves already kicking in....lol

Edited by ExoticPrincess

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jaymal said:

Worry not :D..u will do great!. I am feeding off u guys positive energy..trying not to be nervous..note the  word 'trying' though..lol

Lol.....yeah, I can identify with that word 'trying' :)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline
17 hours ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Lol.....yeah, I can identify with that word 'trying' :)

Hi my lowyer said sometime nvc don't give case complite latter they direct send il latter is it true? I tried to call NVC like an hour 😑I will cal tomorrow early . My lower saying it's ok they still taking leggal time it's 12 weeks now .he keep saying they might say il insted of case complite latter? I wondering what he saying is ture or he just give his opinion

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khadija aktar said:

Hi my lowyer said sometime nvc don't give case complite latter they direct send il latter is it true? I tried to call NVC like an hour 😑I will cal tomorrow early . My lower saying it's ok they still taking leggal time it's 12 weeks now .he keep saying they might say il insted of case complite latter? I wondering what he saying is ture or he just give his opinion

1.When was your case completed?

2.I got mine case complete letter a week after I called NVC to ask of the current status of my case and it was confirmed by the rep who answered the call at the NVC... Called on 20th March 2017 and received a confirmation letter on 27tg march 2017 via email.

3. it is necessary you get case completion letter from the NVC via email so will advise you call them and ask when yours will be posted if only the case is completed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.