2,686 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jarin12345 said:

awesome get to medical very early it's a lengthy process I got through about 2:30 PM.  Try reach about 7 if you can, I got there 8  and the place was already packed.  Passport, immunized card,  4 pics and money :) bring something to munch on also.....

Thanks for the advice Jarin! :)

Even though my appointment time is 11:00am, I think I should get there by 7:00am, shouldn't be a problem right? How many vaccinations did you get?

Edited by ExoticPrincess

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, ExoticPrincess said:

Thanks for the advice Jarin! :)

My appointment time is 11:00am but I think I should get there by 7:00am, shouldn't be a problem right?

Just like the interview my dear appointment is just formality, when you get there just go straight inside to the guy sitting at the desk, very nice fella. He will give you a form to complete do that quickly and it's a first come first serve from there on

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Welcome Letter..... Received Feb 23, 2016

Selected agent...Feb 25, 2016

Paid AOS and Visa Application fees.......Feb 26, 2016 

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Case completed.....April 22, 2016 Received case complete letter April 27,2016

Received Interview Letter... Feb 3, 2017

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Visa Issued....Mar 21, 2017

POE.............June 4, 2017

SSN............June 12,2017

Green Card: August 2017

Petition for hubby: Oct 2017

i-130....... Approved.Aug 9 2019

NVC ......Wecome letter Nov 4 2019

Submitted all docs and paid fees- Nov 29th 2019

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jarin12345 said:

Just like the interview my dear appointment is just formality, when you get there just go straight inside to the guy sitting at the desk, very nice fella. He will give you a form to complete do that quickly and it's a first come first serve from there on

Really? Well then I am gonna try to get there by 6:30 am then! Thanks :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

Greeting to all

I've been waiting for 5 years for my visa and i thought about giving up and get married because i can't take the waiting and the heart break anymore. But after reading all your supports i got courage to sacrifice myself to full fill what my mother (petitioner) has gone through for me. I thought i'm the only one waiting this long but thanks to this site and for all for the beautiful advice to others included me and it gave me courage to continue on waiting. Doesn't matter if my heart got broken a millions times from my relationship from guys who can't wait for me, my mother's wish for me to live with her is my first priority. Pray for us all whose still patiently waiting

Really appreciated all of you great people

Thank you

My PD -May 2012

Approved letter- Oct 2013

Change from F2b to F1- March 2016

2 years to go

:)

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Jaymal said:

Thanks for the info Jarin.. I was about to ask Exotic Princess to post her medical appt experience:).

21st for me.

Will definitely post about my experience :)......hopefully I won't get bored to death .....lol

20 minutes ago, Talita Mateaki said:

Greeting to all

I've been waiting for 5 years for my visa and i thought about giving up and get married because i can't take the waiting and the heart break anymore. But after reading all your supports i got courage to sacrifice myself to full fill what my mother (petitioner) has gone through for me. I thought i'm the only one waiting this long but thanks to this site and for all for the beautiful advice to others included me and it gave me courage to continue on waiting. Doesn't matter if my heart got broken a millions times from my relationship from guys who can't wait for me, my mother's wish for me to live with her is my first priority. Pray for us all whose still patiently waiting

Thank you

My PD -May 2012

2 years to go

Hang in there, I thought too that this process seemed never-ending, but here I am almost at the finish line. Your time will come.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Talita Mateaki said:

Greeting to all

Thank you

My PD -May 2012

2 years to go

I second that.. Keep the faith be strong!:)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
7 hours ago, Tracy-->NY said:

Regarding your second question, in my case when I entered the US for the first time my petitioner (my mum) was in Barbados and it wasn't an issue, no questions were asked by CBP in this regard and no one met us, we took a taxi to the house.

Thank you, Tracy-->NY, good to hear that:)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Jarin12345 said:

awesome get to medical very early it's a lengthy process I got through about 2:30 PM.  Try reach about 7 if you can, I got there 8  and the place was already packed.  Passport, interview letter immunized card,  4 pics and money :) bring something to munch on also.....

Wow, is it really Jamaican clinic is so backlogged? I came just right on the time, well it's a private clinic here, but I was the only patient that morning:D Wonder will it be the same at the embassy?:D

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lain said:

Wow, is it really Jamaican clinic is so backlogged? I came just right on the time, well it's a private clinic here, but I was the only patient that morning:D Wonder will it be the same at the embassy?:D

not a clinic, its at the hospital, but its the only  location in the island that does US medical 

Edited by Jarin12345

I- 130 .... sent USCIS August 4, 2010 - Approved at NVC Jan 2011 received approval letter with case number and Id number

Submitted supporting doc......Mar 20, 2016 ( would have done sooner but had to wait on petitioners tax docs)

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Timeline
3 hours ago, Talita Mateaki said:

Greeting to all

Thank you

My PD -May 2012

2 years to go

Hey, we are all in the same boat, but let me tell you something, the last 2 years are easyest of waiting, because you already can see the light at the end of the tunnel, you start watching movement of the 2nd chart and wait for your WL. You are 17 months away from your PD, so it's less than 2 years. 2009 and 2010 moved very fast, I think 2011 will slow down a bit, as F2B will stop opt-outing, but you'll start your music on the next year:)

Oh, and remember, your goal 1st and only then guys:D

Timeline

Hey! a bit tired, but thought I would just give a report on my Medical experience today.

I had a 11:00 am appointment, so given advice posted from other Jamaicans on VJ stating how crowded the place would be, I arrived at Andrews Memorial a little after 7:00am. I could count the amount of people that had already arrived on both my hands, so I was like thrilled! Only to be told that they won't be able to let me in until 10:00am, needless to say I was not happy! So I waited and at 10:00 am I entered the room to start the process. 

So the process I went through was this......

1. Filled medical form out, wait....

2. Called to pay fee which was JA$20,405.00.......go back to wait.....

3. After that called to do vision test, weight, height......wait again......

4. Went to do Chest X Ray........wait

5. Then saw the doctor who took medical history and told me about the vaccines I 

would be getting.......3 in total - $8,800

6. After that i went with the nurse who gave me the shots, which was followed by the blood test

and urine test

And here's the kicker......as I was about to leave I saw the pleasant man that assisted throughout the whole process, I wanted to say thanks to him. He then says to me, ' you should've come earlier, you would've gone home along time ago.....'(shocked!).........'I said but I was here from 7:00am, but the other guy said I couldn't start the process until at least 10:00 am!'......he said he doesn't know why the other guy told me that as I could've been allowed in the room much, much earlier and hence would've been done so much sooner!

Next up, Interview in two weeks.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ExoticPrincess said:

Hey! a bit tired, but thought I would just give a report on my Medical experience today.

I had a 11:00 am appointment, so given advice posted from other Jamaicans on VJ stating how crowded the place would be, I arrived at Andrews Memorial a little after 7:00am. I could count the amount of people that had already arrived on both my hands, so I was like thrilled! Only to be told that they won't be able to let me in until 10:00am, needless to say I was not happy! So I waited and at 10:00 am I entered the room to start the process. 

So the process I went through was this......

1. Filled medical form out, wait....

2. Called to pay fee which was JA$20,405.00.......go back to wait.....

3. After that called to do vision test, weight, height......wait again......

4. Went to do Chest X Ray........wait

5. Then saw the doctor who took medical history and told me about the vaccines I 

would be getting.......3 in total - $8,800

6. After that i went with the nurse who gave me the shots, which was followed by the blood test

and urine test

And here's the kicker......as I was about to leave I saw the pleasant man that assisted throughout the whole process, I wanted to say thanks to him. He then says to me, ' you should've come earlier, you would've gone home along time ago.....'(shocked!).........'I said but I was here from 7:00am, but the other guy said I couldn't start the process until at least 10:00 am!'......he said he doesn't know why the other guy told me that as I could've been allowed in the room much, much earlier and hence would've been done so much sooner!

Next up, Interview in two weeks.

The pleasant guy was he the tall dark guy,. Was surprised to hear someone told you that you have yo wait till 10. Crazy right. Anyways I'm glad all went well. 

Medical..... Feb 27,2017

Interview...Mar 20, 2017

Timeline
Just now, Jarin12345 said:

The pleasant guy was he the tall dark guy,. Was surprised to hear someone told you that you have yo wait till 10. Crazy right. Anyways I'm glad all went well. 

Crazy indeed! ........and no not the tall, dark slimmer one, even though he was pleasant, but he was the one who said I couldn't go in. The other one who has a little bit more thickness and has a nice voice, he seemed to know everybody's name :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.